Time for an update

Started by TehBorken, Oct 14 11 07:55

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Okay, it's time for an update...we're gonna upgrade the DS site to the newest version of the message board in a few days (possibly less).

Sooooo, if you come here and see the board down or borked up or whatever, don't worry. Your existing passwords and all your settings and posts and stuff should transfer over without any problem.

And yes, things will look a little different, but the board will operate pretty much the way it does now (no huge changes).
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gopher

Thanks. Will there be any new features?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

TehBorken

Gopher wrote:
Thanks. Will there be any new features?

Oh yeah. :)

Gopher

TehBorken

Gopher wrote:
Any clues?

Here's an example 2.0 board: Atheist Roundtable (http://www.atheistroundtable.com/forum/)
All kinds of slick stuff for users as well as under-the-hood too. And because of some of the features we'll be able to open registration up again, get some fresh blood in here.

I've actually tried doing an update a couple of times now but I've run into problems that wouldn't let the upgrade complete. So I'm working through those issues. I'm not sure exactly when they'll be solved.  

Gopher

It looks very good, but why are the above messages jumbled?

TehBorken

Quote from: Gopher on Oct 17 11 01:59
It looks very good, but why are the above messages jumbled?

It's a conversion issue, something I've got to do a fix-up on. But the real thing isn't here yet, this is still ver 1.1.15...we need to bump up to 2.0 but I'm having some issues getting the last bit to fly. Work in progress.  :)

DDD

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

TehBorken

DDD

Thats what the x said

TehBorken

LOL

Quote from: DDD on Oct 17 11 05:26
Thats what the x said

Over the next few days I'll be working on getting the text straightened out. If you see everything go to hell and get all *^#%! up, don't worry. It may take a few tries.

DDD

Thought you would like that. Its looking good to me so far. Now just need more regulars. How about a wild west no holds section for all the rejets out there.......no name post all crap section

TehBorken

Quote from: DDD on Oct 18 11 04:13
Thought you would like that. Its looking good to me so far. Now just need more regulars. How about a wild west no holds section for all the rejets out there.......no name post all crap section

There's still a fair bit of hammered-up text, but waaaay less than there was.

Actually we'll reopen general registration and get some new blood in here. Some of the extra features will help keep the lamers, haters, and griefers in check. :)

And maybe a wild-west section too, we'll see.

DDD

We will just need a kill Gordy Barr button. I would use it

DDD

Was thinking what about a section for people to try and sell stuff......