Laughing at the East Coast Earthquake

Started by TehBorken, Aug 25 11 06:05

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Lol, so the  East Coast had a 5.8 earthquake and all my friends there are like OMG OMG IT WAS TERRIBLE OMG!!!

I told them to stop being such wussies, screaming like a bunch of schoolgirls who see a spider in the bathroom.

For those of us that live on the West Coast, a 5.8 is no big deal. Hell, I poop a 5.8 after eating Mexican food. We don't even get out of bed for a 5.8. The evening news mentions it between the weather and the sports scores, "We're expecting a low of 62 tonight with scattered clouds. There was a 5.8 quake earlier today, and the Seahawks lost to the Dallas Cowboys 41 to 6. And now here's your commute report with Charlie in the King 5 Traffic Copter...."

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Natasha

TehBorken wrote:

Lol, so the  East Coast had a 5.8 earthquake and all my friends there are like [SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]OMG OMG IT WAS TERRIBLE OMG!!![/SPAN]

I told them to stop being such wussies, screaming like a bunch of schoolgirls who see a spider in the bathroom.

WOW, talk about being insensitive, ungrateful and inconsiderate. I expected better from you.

For those of us that live on the West Coast, a 5.8 is no big deal.

Exactly, for anyone who experiences something on a regular occasion, it's just another day. For those who DO NOT experience something on a regular basis, it takes them out of the comfort zone even frightening some in the process. Whether it's an earthquake or a spider, hell even an ant... belittling someone for their fear is sooo low class. I hate how sooo many people have this, it's "no big deal" attitude. There were no property damages and all lives are accounted for  ... that happens to be a VERY BIG DEAL imo.

Hell, I poop a 5.8 after eating Mexican food. We don't even get out of bed for a 5.8.

Really? No one gets out of bed? Neither you or your wife bother to check on each other or look in on your son? You have no elderly family members you would  like to check on? Cause you know, not everyone is priveleged enough to die in a hospital with their loved ones surrounding them. Death is some times sudden and shocking even in what seems to be just another no big deal moment.  I guess people who die in those moments don't count though cause they died a boring no big deal death.

TehBorken

LOL!

No offense, Natasha, but you need a serious humor upgrade.    
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.