What's on your shopping list?

Started by Gopher, May 17 11 07:14

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

It's rather unrealistic for normal residents to have a second place while also living in Vancouver. The cottage ideal in Ontario makes sense, and would be rather easy to attain at an early age, especially if two or three buddies, etc bought into a place.

From my perspective such ideas or thoughts seem easier to attain as a single person, but the image this life projects always seems to be a rather  lonely and isolated one.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

DDD

Russ wrote:
DDD wrote:
Russ wrote:<BR>DDD wrote:<BR>Russ wrote:<BR>Im currently shopping for a new electric over hydraulic brake actuator for my boat trailer.. with breakaway kit. After dealing with a fellow in the states for a bit, I was about to order when I noticed a discrepancy.. after questioning it, he was a bit of a meatball about ti. So today I am going to be looking locally for it, as I cant wait for it to ship from the states.. through USPS then Canada Post.<BR><BR><BR> <DIV>There is a trailer shop on Beresford street in Bby that I would call always been able to get me stuff at a fair price plus they know what they are doing so i just give them my bussness as I do not have to question what they have done.</DIV><BR><BR><BR>Ohh! Do you have a name or number?<BR>Im looking now.. Ill go to places like this that get recommended. Means they are doing something right.<BR><BR>Thanks D<BR><BR>EDIT:<BR><BR>You mean this place?<BR>http://eandhhitchshop.com/<BR><BR> <DIV>Yes thats the place I would call them and see what they tell you.....so you don't waste a trip</DIV>

Thanks D. I ended up calling and they redirected me to a different place, http://www.canpages.ca/page/BC/richmond/sealand-r-v-service-and-products-(1980)-ltd/3409672.html.
I found this place on my own as well with alot of good online reviews.
Called and quoted me the cheapest I could find anywhere. Went in and got good installation advice as well. The other type I had originally wanted to buy, the guy showed me why it was no good, and non servicable. The type he sold me was a complete drop in kit with everything, rebuildable, for cheaper. Also when I called the place that built my trailer, this was the type they went with now. Having dropped using vacuum brakes a decade ago, lol.
The type I went with was the Carlisle 1000 psi unit, with breakaway kit.
   They are good people there............glad to see it all went well..........now you need to get out on the water.......  
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

DDD

Sportsdude wrote:
It's rather unrealistic for normal residents to have a second place while also living in Vancouver. The cottage ideal in Ontario makes sense, and would be rather easy to attain at an early age, especially if two or three buddies, etc bought into a place.

From my perspective such ideas or thoughts seem easier to attain as a single person, but the image this life projects always seems to be a rather  lonely and isolated one.

Mine is great for summer but in winter ......too isolated

Russ

DDD wrote:
They are good people there............glad to see it all went well..........now you need to get out on the water......

I agree!! Hope to finish gathering stuff in the next week or so and then go get it from Port Alberni.
I have some pictures but not many.. Ill get some when I go to get it and put them up. Lots of work to do to bring it up. But I want to have it in the water at least once before I go... even for a quick burn.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

DDD

purelife

Natasha

Strawberry cheesecake ice cream in a waffle cone.

purelife

That sounds absolutely delish, Natasha!  Hm, that reminds me to try out this new ice cream shop that opened up in our area.  I think DDD may know which one I'm talking about. :)    

DDD

purelife wrote:
 That sounds absolutely delish, Natasha!  Hm, that reminds me to try out this new ice cream shop that opened up in our area.  I think DDD may know which one I'm talking about. :)    No i don't but the one near the hospital closed a while back :(

DDD

Natasha wrote:
 Strawberry cheesecake ice cream in a waffle cone.[/DIV]
 yummy...........I so want that now  

Natasha

purelife wrote:
 That sounds absolutely delish, Natasha!  

They're fantastic and addictive which is great for these hot summer days but not so great for the waistline.

D if you're ever in the area... my treat.

purelife

Natasha wrote:
purelife wrote:

They're fantastic and addictive which is great for these hot summer days but not so great for the waistline.

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00"]D if you're ever in the area... my treat.
[/FONT]
  But not too close to your area, right? ;)

DDD

purelife wrote:
Natasha wrote:
purelife wrote:

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00"]D if you're ever in the area... my treat.
[/FONT]
  But not too close to your area, right? ;)[/DIV]
 LMAO

DDD

Natasha wrote:
purelife wrote:

D if you're ever in the area... my treat.
     you sure

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00"]STALKER FRED[/FONT]

|