Osama Bin Laden: Killed In Pakaistan

Started by TehBorken, May 01 11 08:56

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Osama Bin Laden has been killed by a US Military operation.    
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gopher

Yes, I saw the edifying scenes in New York.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

DDD

Now to get the rest of those scum bags
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Sportsdude

He was living a gangsta paradise in a three story, multi-million dollar mansion that was across the street from Pakistan's equivalent to West Point. He essentially lived in an affluent Floridian retirement city, and his place was near a country club. You can't make this stuff up. Mafia-esque.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

DDD

The incident was an embarrassment, at best for Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari. The mission happened only several hundred metres from a Pakistani army base, but the government was only aware of its existence after the fact. No prior American notice was given.

Indeed, questions persist about whether some elements of Pakistan's security apparatus might have been in collusion with bin Laden. It's now believed he had been living in the area for several years — less than 200 kilometres away from the Pakistani capital of Islamabad.

PAKAISTAN NEXT

TehBorken

I think he was under house arrest. Look at the overall picture:

He was situated near an army base (the better to keep control of him or tabs on him)
He apparently *never* left the house for several years (according to all reports)
He lived in a kind of squalor (judging by the pics of the inside of the house)
He had no real contact with the outside world aside from broadcast TV & radio
He was trotted out from time to time to make propaganda videos
He had a large crew of people living in the same home (guards or minders, mostly)

I think Pakistan was afraid of him being caught and so they kept him in the house, on ice, so to speak.

Think about it....he lived in a a town full of retired military personnel,  right down the block from Pakistan's elite military academy...basically  their version of West Point. He was 1/2 mile from the barracks Seriously, how could they have not known?

The Pakistani president said that the military and secret police were  "too smart" to do something like hide him right there in sight of the  military barracks. But at the same time they were too dumb to know he  was there?

I think they knew he was there. I think they put him there (kept him there) so as not to have him running around loose and in danger of being caught.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gopher

Plausible theory TB, you just could be right.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

DDD

TehBorken wrote:
I think he was under house arrest. Look at the overall picture:

He was situated near an army base (the better to keep control of him or tabs on him)
He apparently *never* left the house for several years (according to all reports)
He lived in a kind of squalor (judging by the pics of the inside of the house)
He had no real contact with the outside world aside from broadcast TV & radio
He was trotted out from time to time to make propaganda videos
He had a large crew of people living in the same home (guards or minders, mostly)

I think Pakistan was afraid of him being caught and so they kept him in the house, on ice, so to speak.

Think about it....he lived in a a town full of retired military personnel,  right down the block from Pakistan's [SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]elite military academy[/SPAN]...basically  their version of West Point. He was 1/2 mile from the barracks Seriously, how could they have not known?

The Pakistani president said that the military and secret police were  "too smart" to do something like hide him right there in sight of the  military barracks. But at the same time they were too dumb to know he  was there?

I think they knew he was there. I think they put him there ([SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]kept[/SPAN] him there) so as not to have him running around loose and in danger of being caught.

Never looked at it like this..........[img border=0 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/8.gif"]........I agree...................[img border=0 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/9.gif"]as we don't want him caught by the USA