Useful Tip

Started by Gopher, Feb 12 11 08:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher

Subject: Reset your mouse each year,

You should actually do this every year.. Even more often is recommended if you spend a lot of time on the computer, I was surprised to see how well this works!

To re-calibrate your mouse, left click and hold on the letter Y below, then drag the Y towards the g, if it doesn't work immediately, you might want to clean your mouse.

I'M SURE YOU WILL WANT TO RECOMMEND THIS TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS ONCE YOU SEE HOW WELL IT WORKS...

Y[FONT color=white]ou daft bugger. You'll believe anythin[/FONT]g [!-- / message --]    
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Natasha

This doesn't seem real to me and I'm too slow to get the joke  :(

Gopher

Did you try it, Natasha?

Orik

I know the joke having used it on other forums...

But if you want to calibrate your mouse you should try control panel and mouse settings

You silly git you would believe in anything

Git is a rather crude British insult.   some times they will replace git with bugger which is an even worse insulting term to call some one.

Basically the insult's meaning is that you are dim witted and believe in totaly foolish things you are told to do..

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Gopher

[TABLE id=entries] [TBODY] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD id=entry_706283 class=text colSpan=2] [DIV class=zazzle_links][A href="/products.php?term=Git&defid=706283"][SPAN class=zazzle_link_text]buy git mugs, tshirts and magnets[/SPAN][/A]

[DIV class=definition]1. A completely ignorant, childish person with no manners.
2. A person who feels justified in their callow behaviour.
3. A pubescent kid who thinks it's totally cool to act like a moron on the internet, only because no one can actually reach through the screen and punch their lights out.

[DIV class=example]That n00b is behaving like a bloody git.

[DIV class=greenery]by [A class="author urbantip" href="/author.php?author=Tenebrae"][FONT color=#fbffea]Tenebrae[/FONT][/A] [SPAN class=date]Jun 6, 2004 [/SPAN][A id=share_this_706283 onclick='emailer.toggle($("share_this_706283"), "http://git.urbanup.com/706283", "Entry", 706283, "http://twitter.com/share?text=Git%20-%201.%20A%20completely%20ignorant%2C%20childish%20person%20with%20no%20manners.%202.%20A%20person%20who%20feels%20justified...\u0026url=http%3A%2F%2Furbanup.com%2F706283\u0026via=urbandictionary"); return false;' href="#"][FONT color=#fbffea]share this[/FONT][/A] [/DIV][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD class=index][A href="http://git.urbanup.com/770412"][FONT color=#000000]2.[/FONT][/A] [/TD] [TD class=word]git [/TD] [TD id=tools_770412 class=tools][SPAN class=status][A onclick="Thumbs.userClickedUp(770412); return false" href="#"][FONT color=#000000]586 up[/FONT][/A], [A onclick="Thumbs.userClickedDown(770412); return false" href="#"][FONT color=#000000]93 down[/FONT][/A][/SPAN][SPAN class=thumbs][A id=thumbs_down_770412 href="#" className="thumbs_down"][/A][A id=thumbs_up_770412 href="#" className="thumbs_up"][/A][/SPAN][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD id=entry_770412 class=text colSpan=2] [DIV class=zazzle_links][A href="/products.php?term=git&defid=770412"][SPAN class=zazzle_link_text]buy git mugs, tshirts and magnets[/SPAN][/A]

[DIV class=definition]Total and utter tosser who is incapable of doing anything other than annoying people, and not in a way that is funny to others. Best used idly. e.g. "Git."

[DIV class=example]"You useless git."
Also: "Some total git has made it so that this example must have over 20 letters, hence this little add on."

[DIV class=greenery]by [A class="author urbantip" href="/author.php?author=Stephanie"][FONT color=#fbffea]Stephanie[/FONT][/A] [SPAN class=date]Jul 25, 2004 [/SPAN][A id=share_this_770412 onclick='emailer.toggle($("share_this_770412"), "http://git.urbanup.com/770412", "Entry", 770412, "http://twitter.com/share?text=git%20-%20Total%20and%20utter%20tosser%20who%20is%20incapable%20of%20doing%20anything%20other%20than%20annoying%20people%2C%20and%20...\u0026url=http%3A%2F%2Furbanup.com%2F770412\u0026via=urbandictionary"); return false;' href="#"][FONT color=#fbffea]share this[/FONT][/A] [/DIV][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD class=index][A href="http://git.urbanup.com/2498838"][FONT color=#000000]3.[/FONT][/A] [/TD] [TD class=word]git [/TD] [TD id=tools_2498838 class=tools][SPAN class=status][A onclick="Thumbs.userClickedUp(2498838); return false" href="#"][FONT color=#000000]187 up[/FONT][/A], [A onclick="Thumbs.userClickedDown(2498838); return false" href="#"][FONT color=#000000]52 down[/FONT][/A][/SPAN][SPAN class=thumbs][A id=thumbs_down_2498838 href="#" className="thumbs_down"][/A][A id=thumbs_up_2498838 href="#" className="thumbs_up"][/A][/SPAN][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD id=entry_2498838 class=text colSpan=2] [DIV class=zazzle_links][A href="/products.php?term=git&defid=2498838"][SPAN class=zazzle_link_text]buy git mugs, tshirts and magnets[/SPAN][/A]

[DIV class=definition]By definition it's a "rotter" or a despicable person. In reality in English it's a colloquialism that affords itself to a more a luckier fellow. Much like a 'bugger' whilst the roots of the word are offensive, the actual use is endearing. A lucky 'git', a wealthy 'git' and a sodding 'git'... when used right is still a mate. A friend.

It's more positive these days.

The origins are from the word 'geat' which were a Scandinavian people living in Götaland, land of the Geats, currently within the borders of modern Sweden. The name of the Geats lives on in the Swedish counties of Västergötland and Östergötland, the Western and Eastern lands of the Geats, as well as in many toponyms.

[DIV class=example]Shut yer face you lucky git.

[DIV class=greenery][A class=urbantip href="/define.php?term=git"][FONT color=#fbffea]git[/FONT][/A] [A class=urbantip href="/define.php?term=geat"][FONT color=#fbffea]geat[/FONT][/A] [A class=urbantip href="/define.php?term=britain"][FONT color=#fbffea]britain[/FONT][/A] [A class=urbantip href="/define.php?term=england"][FONT color=#fbffea]england[/FONT][/A] [A class=urbantip href="/define.php?term=celtic"][FONT color=#fbffea]celtic[/FONT][/A]
by [A class="author urbantip" href="/author.php?author=V+Ward"][FONT color=#fbffea]V Ward[/FONT][/A] [SPAN class=date]Jul 6, 2007 [/SPAN][A id=share_this_2498838 onclick='emailer.toggle($("share_this_2498838"), "http://git.urbanup.com/2498838", "Entry", 2498838, "http://twitter.com/share?text=git%20-%20By%20definition%20it%27s%20a%20%22rotter%22%20or%20a%20despicable%20person.%20In%20reality%20in%20English%20it%27s%20a%20colloqu...\u0026url=http%3A%2F%2Furbanup.com%2F2498838\u0026via=urbandictionary"); return false;' href="#"][FONT color=#fbffea]share this[/FONT][/A] [/DIV][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 30px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 10px" colSpan=3] [DIV style="MARGIN: 0px auto; WIDTH: 300px"] [SCRIPT type=text/XXXXscript] //[![CDATA[ var googletag = googletag || (); googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; googletag.cmd.push(function() (   googletag.defineUnit('/1031683/ca-pub-4733233155277872/HP_ATF_300x250', [300, 250], 'dfp_homepage_medium_rectangle').addService(googletag.pubads());   googletag.defineUnit('/1031683/ca-pub-4733233155277872/HP_BTF_300x250', [300, 250], 'dfp_homepage_medium_rectangle_below').addService(googletag.pubads());   googletag.defineUnit('/1031683/ca-pub-4733233155277872/ROS_BTF_728x90', [728, 90], 'dfp_every_page_leaderboard').addService(googletag.pubads());   googletag.defineUnit('/1031683/ca-pub-4733233155277872/ROS_Right_160x60', [160, 600], 'dfp_skyscraper').addService(googletag.pubads());   googletag.defineUnit('/1031683/ca-pub-4733233155277872/Define_300x250', [300, 250], 'dfp_define_rectangle').addService(googletag.pubads());   googletag.defineUnit('/1031683/ca-pub-4733233155277872/ROS_500x250', [475, 250], 'dfp_define_double_rectangle').addService(googletag.pubads());    googletag.pubads().set("alternate_ad_url", "http://www.urbandictionary.com/google_alternate_ad.html");   googletag.pubads().setTargeting("safe_word", "false");    googletag.pubads().enableSingleRequest();   googletag.enableServices(); ));  (function() (   var gads = document.createElement('script');   gads.async = true;   gads.type = 'text/XXXXscript';   gads.src = "http://www.googletagservices.com/tag/js/gpt.js";   var node = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];   node.parentNode.insertBefore(gads, node); ))();  //]]] [/SCRIPT]  [DIV style="WIDTH: 300px; HEIGHT: 250px" id=dfp_define_rectangle] [SCRIPT type=text/XXXXscript] //[![CDATA[ googletag.cmd.push(function() ( googletag.display('dfp_define_rectangle'); )); //]]] [/SCRIPT] [i-frame style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px" id=google_ads_i-frame_/1031683/ca-pub-4733233155277872/Define_300x250 height=250 marginHeight=0 frameBorder=0 width=300 allowTransparency name=google_ads_i-frame_/1031683/ca-pub-4733233155277872/Define_300x250 marginWidth=0 scrolling=no][/i-frame][i-frame style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; DISPLAY: none; VISIBILITY: hidden; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px" id=google_ads_i-frame_/1031683/ca-pub-4733233155277872/Define_300x250__hidden__ height=0 marginHeight=0 frameBorder=0 width=0 allowTransparency name=google_ads_i-frame_/1031683/ca-pub-4733233155277872/Define_300x250__hidden__ marginWidth=0 scrolling=no][/i-frame][/DIV][/DIV][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]How did we get to gits?

Natasha

Gopher wrote:
 Did you try it, Natasha?[/DIV]
Nope, I never try things I'm told to do online.... especially on a forum.

Orik, who are you insulting? And why insult them to begin with? You make comments in regards to DDDs sexual humor but you aren't very nice either, are you? And considering the fact that (in another thread) you seem to be pouting over everyone forgetting your birthday.... insults are the last thing you should be spouting off.

Gophie, just you know, there are many words that come to mind when I think of you. None of which are insults  :)  

Orik

Gopher wrote:
I'M SURE YOU WILL WANT TO RECOMMEND THIS TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS ONCE YOU SEE HOW WELL IT WORKS...

[span style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17);"]Y[/span][font style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17);" color="white"]ou daft bugger. You'll believe anythin[/font][span style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17);"]g

[/span][/div][!-- / message --] [div]
corrected to read what I was thinking when I wrote it  out but failed to explain clearly.

I know the joke having used it on other forums... So I did not try it.

If you want to calibrate the mouse you can try adjusting the mouse settings Via control panel.

Another way of writing the joke Gopher posted is this

"You silly git you would believe in anything"

Git  is a rather crude British insult. Some times when that joke is written they will replace the word git  with the word bugger In the one gopher posted they used the word bugger. Some believe that the term bugger is an even worse insult, When it comes down to insulting terms to call someone.

Basically the Joke is going about insulting everyone with the hidden meanings contained within.

The joke is basically saying that you are dim witted and believe in totaly foolish things  and do what you are told to do..

All in all a insulting joke & not very funny.. but it is what it is...

And I would like to say to Natasha I am not insulting anyone.. And your damn right I am not very  nice.. I never have been. i am sorry you only just noticed that now.. I am  reformed troll after all and trolls are not nice.

Thank you for the belated birthday wishes

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Natasha

Orik wrote:
Gopher wrote:

[SPAN style="COLOR: rgb(17,17,17)"]Y[/SPAN][FONT style="COLOR: rgb(17,17,17)" color=white]ou daft bugger. You'll believe anythin[/FONT][SPAN style="COLOR: rgb(17,17,17)"]g

[/SPAN] corrected to read what I was thinking when I wrote it  out but failed to explain clearly.

I know the joke having used it on other forums... So I did not try it.

Another way of writing the joke Gopher posted is this

"You silly git you would believe in anything"
So you're saying "You silly git you would believe in anything" is the punchline to the joke?  [img border=0 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Thinking/2.gif"]

The joke is basically saying that you are dim witted and believe in totaly foolish things  and do what you are told to do..

Sometimes doing what you are told to do isn't a bad depending on the circumstances.

not very funny..

No it wasn't. I like jokes that are nice or dirty but not mean. I also like jokes that I can actually get...lol, sorry for jumping your ass Orik. And I'm sorry I didn't get your joke, Gophie.

but it is what it is...
True, but it can also be kept to oneself.

And I would like to say to Natasha I am not insulting anyone..

Yeah I know, I already apologized to you and remember I DID say earlier in the thread, if it was a joke I didn't get it.

And your damn right I am not very  nice.. I never have been. i am sorry you only just noticed that now.. I am  reformed troll after all and trolls are not nice.
Don't be sorry. It makes no difference to me if you're nice or mean. I do hate it for the people who allow you to surround them on any type of regular basis though. I mean we all have our faults but to KNOW you're not nice and CHOOSE not to do change that. Then to purposely pass that negativity on to those around you. I'm sorry that's acceptable for you. From what I've read about you here from things you have posted, you are someone who believes in self improvement so hopefully the nice thing will make it's way onto the list soon. Personally, I think you're only claiming not to be nice cause I attacked you. Which I do seriously apologize for. Like I said I didn't get the joke. And if I dont get the joke why the hell would I get the punchline..lol. Anyway, like you said "trolls are not nice" and you are reformed so perhaps there's some nice waiting to get out of that devilish soul afterall.

Thank you for the belated birthday wishes
See, there's a little nice peeking through right now  :)