Dubious Toys

Started by Gopher, Dec 30 10 10:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher

[A href="http://205.188.238.181/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1927306_1927313_1927329,00.html"]http://205.188.238.181/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1927306_1927313_1927329,00.html[/A]
A fool's paradise is better than none.

TehBorken

Well now, I'm thinking my wife might just like one of these for a New Years present...lol.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Natasha

I'll never understand the fasinaction with Harry Potter or Twilight for that matter.

TehBorken

Natasha wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]I'll never understand the fasinaction with Harry Potter or Twilight for that matter.[/div]
Me neither, but trust me, the fascination with this gadget has nothing to do with either of those. :)

Natasha

When I think of Harry Potter I think of kids. I wouldn't want a sexual pleasure gadget that makes me think of kids... that's just sick.

TehBorken

Natasha wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]When I think of Harry Potter I think of kids. I wouldn't want a sexual pleasure gadget that makes me think of kids... that's just sick.
[/div]
Well, then don't think of it, lol.

Seriously, have you seen Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe lately? Neither of them are exactly kids...Daniel Radcliffe (Harry) recently did a nude scene in the [span style="visibility: visible;" id="main"][span style="visibility: visible;" id="search"]Broadway play [/span][/span][span style="visibility: visible;" id="main"][span style="visibility: visible;" id="search"]Equus[/span][/span] and Emma Watson (Hermione) did a nude scene in the movie "Ballet Shoes"...

I don't have the hots for Emma Watson, but trust me, when I look at her I definitely don't think "kids". Not by a long shot. She's waaaaaay outta the "kid" stage. But I digress.

The magical vibrating broom toy would be fun even if it came from the movie Saw or Spartacus or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It might be different if it had a Teletubbies logo on it or came from a Bratz box, but either way I'm think I'm adult enough to separate what I do with it from who it was originally meant for.

Fun is where you find it, Natasha!  

Natasha

I didn't say the actors playing the characters in Harry Potter made me think of kids. I also am not interest in who was nude, where. And no, I haven't seen either of them lately. As I said, I don't like Harry Potter so why would I attempt to keep up with anything Harry Potter or their actors? I said when I think of Harry Potter (as in the movie itself) I think of kids. The reason is because I view Harry Potter as a childs/teens movie series. Telling someone to have "fun" on a Harry Potter broomstick is the same as telling them to sit on a Tickle Me Elmo doll.... disgusting!

There are plenty of toys out there that are cute, fun and wont make me think of kids/teens. I know this cause I have a whole box full of them  [img border=0 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"]   so I'll just stick to that.

I'm happy you're adult enough to know the difference between where something came from and what something is meant for. I'm adult enough to know that ANYTHING even insuating children and sex shouldn't anywhere near each other.      

TehBorken

Natasha wrote:
The reason is because I view Harry Potter as a childs/teens movie series.

Well, that's your take on it. I'm sure a lot of others think differently. Are they all wrong?

Telling someone to have "fun" on a Harry Potter broomstick is the same as telling them to sit on a Tickle Me Elmo doll.... disgusting!

No, disgusting is having sex with a child. Using some random object for sex play is not the same thing by any means. If it makes you uncomfortable, don't do it.

[/div]
I'm adult enough to know that ANYTHING even insuating children and sex shouldn't anywhere near each other. [div]

So, I guess the whole dressing-up-like-a-schoolgirl is a no go with you, eh?  Ah well, to each their own.

Gopher

I wonder why you never hear of anyone dressing up as a school boy?

TehBorken

Gopher wrote:
I wonder why you never hear of anyone dressing up as a school boy?

Good question. I don't know...maybe because a woman dressed as a school girl is considered kinda sexy, whereas a man dressed as a school boy is considered kinda...creepy.

Gopher

Maybe not creepy to a woman though....interesting point.

Natasha

TehBorken wrote:
Natasha wrote:
 [SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]The reason is because I view Harry Potter as a childs/teens movie series. [/SPAN]

Well, that's your take on it. I'm sure a lot of others think differently. Are they all wrong?

I never spoke for "a lot of others". I gave my opinion on my behalf. I never think anyones opinion is wrong. Even when I disagree I'm not going to come at the other person like they are wrong and I'm right. It's an opinion and as far as I know opinions aren't based on facts. However, I do have the right to voice why I agree or disagree.

[SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]Telling someone to have "fun" on a Harry Potter broomstick is the same as telling them to sit on a Tickle Me Elmo doll.... disgusting![/SPAN]

No, [SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]disgusting[/SPAN] is having sex with a child.

Actually, that's worse than disgusting. It's a crime and one that should hold death as it's consequence. Again that last part is my opinion and it's one I stick to 100%  :)

Using some random [SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]object[/SPAN] for sex play is not the same thing by any means.

I agree it's not the same thing. But that broom is not a random object. Using a cucumber for sex play is using a random object. Using an egg roll is using a random object. Using a stick shift is using a random object. That broom is clearly meant to be used as for sexual purposes. Which makes it not random.

If it makes you uncomfortable, don't do it.

I think that goes without saying. No one should ever do anything they aren't comfortable with. I don't look down on those who would love that broom. All I'm saying is that FOR ME it's not my thing. It does nothing for me and it's not something I would ever consider using.
[/DIV]
[SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]I'm adult enough to know that ANYTHING even insuating children and sex shouldn't anywhere near each other. [/SPAN]      
So, I guess the whole dressing-up-like-a-schoolgirl is a no go with you, eh? [img border=0 src="/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/14.gif"]  Ah well, to each their own.

Dressing up... yes!  Dressing up like a school girl... no. That's just another one of those things that I don't understand the attraction to. Even the title alone... school girl... not college student... but school girl.  Like I said, I just don't get it. It kinda creeps me out knowing my partner is getting erect by an outfit called "school girl". I don't know... maybe all this is just an oddness about me. Maybe this is why I prefer bondage instead  :)

Natasha

TehBorken wrote:
Gopher wrote:
 [SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]I wonder why you never hear of anyone dressing up as a school boy?[/SPAN]

Good question. I don't know...maybe because a woman dressed as a school girl is considered kinda sexy, whereas a man dressed as a school boy is considered kinda...creepy.
[/DIV]
 How can you say one is "kinda sexy" then say the other is "creepy"? If it's creepy for one shouldn't it be creepy for both?

Another thing, Gophie, I seriously LOL'd at your question  :D

Gopher

I thought you would.

DDD

Tasha how about you bring beer and show up with just your coat on and shoes.......................[img border=0 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/2.gif"]
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!