Sample themes

Started by TehBorken, Nov 30 10 09:09

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

There are a few sample themes loaded that you can switch to and look at. These are just a couple of themes that we might pick to be the "real" theme eventually.

To change your theme:

Go to your [a href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php?action=profile"]Profile[/a],
In the left column, click on "Look and Layout Preferences",
Click on the 'change' link at the top under "Current Theme: Forum or Board Default (change)"
Select "preview >>" all the way on the right side across from each theme.

If you like it, select "Use this theme", then you can bop around and see what stuff looks like. You can always go back to the Default theme (and you should after you're done playing around).

You won't see any real change with the first couple of themes, so try the ones at the bottom.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

TehBorken wrote:
  There are a few sample themes loaded that you can switch to and look at. These are just a couple of themes that we might pick to be the "real" theme eventually.

To change your theme:

Go to your [a href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php?action=profile"]Profile[/a],
In the left column, click on "Look and Layout Preferences",
Click on the 'change' link at the top under "Current Theme: Forum or Board Default (change)"
Select "preview >>" all the way on the right side across from each theme.

If you like it, select "Use this theme", then you can bop around and see what stuff looks like. You can always go back to the Default theme (and you should after you're done playing around).

You won't see any real change with the first couple of themes, so try the ones at the bottom.

I'm on the Shadowrun.  Looks super nice...but your post is all garbled.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Hmm, So is mine.  

Gopher

What's happening?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

I tried a couple of the different themes, but the text is all garbled.  

Gopher

I'm stuck on a theme and can't get out of it.

P.C.

I had that too. I think we were just stuck inside the sample.  I just hit home, and changed back to default.  

Gopher

I've done the same and now I'm curious to see how this comes out.

Gopher

Hooray, it works! Thanks for the advice PC.

TehBorken

The text is garbled because some of the themes don't use the WYSIWYG editor (yet). So it'll come out like:

##p##strange and garbled## looking ##&## messed up.

I probably should have said something, lol. Oh well....

But the idea is to find a general look and feel that most people like. If time permits thew other themes can be modified so they all work, but that's a fair bit of hacking and cutting and pasting and stuff...

So, have a look at them and see what ya think.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.