Themes and upgrades

Started by TehBorken, Nov 29 10 06:29

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Maybe it's time for a new theme or "look" for the forum, and maybe it's time to make the big jump to the fancy new version of the SMF forum. Over the next few days you may see a different look when you visit. We'll probably be trying several new themes just for fun.

We'll probably load several themes, then turn on the ability to change the theme that you see when you login.

Anyway, don't freak out if things look different (maybe very different) in the forum. The changes are only temporary while we play around and see what's out there. If you want to look at some of the possible themes we're looking at, please do:

http://themebot.com/free-website-templates/smf-themes
(Click on the "Themebot Demo" link to get a preview of each theme.)

Suggestions are welcome as to what you like or what looks good to you.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

Some of those look good.

Looks aside, one feature that would be super nice to have, is a proper 'quote' function.
The ability to post youtubes would be nice too although I don't know what that entails.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
Some of those look good.

Any of them that you particularly like?

Looks aside, one feature that would be super nice to have, is a proper 'quote' function.
The ability to post youtubes would be nice too although I don't know what that entails. [img style="font-style: italic;" src="/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif[/img]  

Yep, both of those features will be added.

Gopher

I quite like the look of Siberia. How about choosing four or five and then doing a poll on them for us?  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

TehBorken

Gopher wrote:
I quite like the look of Siberia. How about choosing four or five and then doing a poll on them for us?

Siberia?? Where is that one? It's not one of the ones I installed and I don't see it on the Themebot site....?

Russ

I like the quote functions. I will play with the themes in a bit.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims