Ban sale of tobacco in pharmacies, NDP urges

Started by Sportsdude, Mar 29 06 10:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

[H2]Ban sale of tobacco in pharmacies, NDP urges[/H2] [DIV id=author]

[DIV id=article style="FONT-SIZE: 100%"][!-- Summary --] [!-- dateline --]Victoria[!-- /dateline --] -- The NDP has introduced a private member's bill to ban tobacco sales in pharmacies.

Opposition health critic David Cubberley said yesterday that the aim is to make it tougher for young people to buy tobacco. "It's something that pharmacists are asking for and have been for a long time," he said. "They don't believe they should be vending tobacco on the same premises that they're selling things that contribute to health."

[!-- /Summary --] Health Minister George Abbott said Mr. Cubberley's bill is a worthy idea but disagrees that it's universally supported by pharmacists. CP

[/DIV]
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

Why hasn't any blue state come up with something like this? In fact I would go one step further banning alcohol too. But Wal-Mart, Walgreens, and supermakets with pharmacies have too many lobbyists to shoot something like this down.

I mean its hypocritical for pharmacies to be handing out drugs that can save your life and right next to the medicine isle is beer and behind the cashier tobacco.

P.C.

Sportsdude......I actually thought they did that a LONG time ago.  This is a NEW concept ????  None of the pharmacies in my area  sell cigarettes and haven't for a few years.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

weird al

London Drugs makes a bundle off tobacco. Wouldn't be so bad if people grew their own, & didn't salt it with chemicals etc.

Sportsdude

apparently its not wide spread maybe your county P.C. or town has an ordinance against the sale of tobacco in pharmacies.

P.C.

Sportsdude....what the H...E....double hockey sticks have you done with your avatar.  I almost need another computer to view it.

Sportsdude

was fooling around. A picture of trudeau that was a 'tad' too big.

P.C.

ROFL......had a few issues with my avatar this morn too.  When it was little, she was cute and 'pixie-ish'....but when she was large, she looked a little too close to trampy....LOL

The amazing TehBorken fixed it up good.

Sportsdude

I actually messaged him about it because this canadiens forum I go to recently got upgraded where on of the options was auto fit.

Future Canadian

I love the warnings on Canadian cigarette packs. They take up the top half and are a serious buzzkill.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

P.C.

OMG....are Export A's still around ????  My ex used to smoke those many (many) years ago.  Haven't heard about those for years.  Now there's a blast from the past...lol

Future Canadian

Export A's are still around these parts that's for sure. I used to smoke 'em too. Back in the early 90's that was a definite mark of cool. Kinda like American Spirits are now, hipster smokes.
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Sportsdude

I don't smoke and never had but for some reason everyone does in saint louis but when I went to seattle I didn't see anybody light it up except for one girl on the school campus.

Trollio

Sportsdude wrote: [font style="font-style: italic;" size="4"]

Ban sale of tobacco in pharmacies, NDP urges[/font]
 [span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"]It works for me![/span]

one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

Sportsdude

atleast somebody in north america is progressive thinking. Missouri's going backwards, along with the midwest in general.