This week I have been mainly hating

Started by Gopher, Nov 04 10 03:14

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Natasha

Can we only post one item per week? What about one item per day?

Gopher

The fact that there are so few people here at the moment.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

True Gopher.

Today I have been mainly hating the fact theres so much to do, and we cant do alot of it due to time constraints.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

Wrapping Christmas presents.

Russ

You are ahead of the game gopher.. I havent even started. Although me being away till mid Dec has something to do with that.

do you have many to wrap?

Gopher

Too many. I decided to buy lots of small items this year instead of just one biggish item per person, now I'm regretting it.  

Russ

Gift bags I tell ya.. gift bags. Buy in bulk and they can be reused.

I have to start my gift list.. I think we are going to do alot of gift cards in mailed cards to the family.

Immediate family will get gifts, maybe.

Natasha

Gopher wrote:
 Wrapping Christmas presents.[/DIV]
 I love wrapping presents. I enjoy making the package pretty and perfect  :)  I have half my shopping done, Tree is up, lights are up, decorations are up. Just have to get little things out like the wreath and the Christmas settings for the kitchen table.

Natasha

Russ wrote:
Gift bags I tell ya.. gift bags. Buy in bulk and they can be reused.

I have to start my gift list.. I think we are going to do alot of gift cards in mailed cards to the family.

Immediate family will get gifts, maybe.

Do you make your own bags? I prefer to make my own. Takes a little more time but this way I know I'm giving exactly what I want, making it look exactly as I want. Sometimes I don't use an actual "bag" or basket. For a baby shower I made a gift set out of a baby tub. It was filled with everything mommy would need for her baby during and after the bath.

We only buy gifts for our parents and the kids in the family. It's been that way for years now and seems to work out great for everyone.

P.C.

Gophieeeeee.  I'll wrap them for you.  I love wrapping too.  My husband just brought home all the gifts for staff to be wrapped.

By Monday.

I'm the same as you Natasha.  I love to fuss and make them special, so it's not something I do quickly.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Natasha

P.C. wrote:
I'm the same as you Natasha.  I love to fuss and make them special, so it's not something I do quickly.

Some people ask me why I do it since it will only be torn apart anyway. I have no answer for that question.. lol  I'm not sure why I do it other than I simply enjoy it. Seems people have a hard time getting the rip started due to my obessesion with tape so I'm trying to limit my tape usage per gift this year.  

P.C.

Hahahaa  I get asked the same thing.  I always think of it as part of the gift.  I make my own cards too, and apparently spend a little too much time on them too.    

Natasha

Yeah really. What fun is a gift if it's easy to get into?

Super cool of you to make your own cards. That's not time wasted imo as lots of people collect their cards and even use their Christmas cards as decorations.

Russ

Kudo's to the both of you. I just cant seem to take the time like I used to, to make the gifts and cards more personal. I used to make my own cards.

Now I buy cards, or just used the generic : to and from : on the gifts. As well as gift bags I store buy.
Its almost too easy now...

P.C.

Gallivanting off to Africa has a tendency to take a bite out of your time.  

I didn't know you did that !

|