Canadians are the most tolerant people

Started by DDD, Apr 12 11 10:11

Previous topic - Next topic

DDD

http://www.canada.com/business/Report+Canadians+most+tolerant+developed+world/4600494/story.html#ixzz1JKTKJ928 (http://www.canada.com/business/Report+Canadians+most+tolerant+developed+world/4600494/story.html#ixzz1JKTKJ928)

PARIS — Canadians are the most tolerant people in the developed world, are terrific readers, enjoy more "positive experiences" than everyone but Icelanders, and don't produce many babies, according to a new report released Tuesday.

The conclusions were contained in the latest edition of Society at a Glance, a broad-brush analysis of social and economic indicators among the 34 member states of the Paris-based Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development.

"At 84 per cent on average, Canadians report the highest community tolerance of minority groups — ethnic minorities, migrants, and gays and lesbians — in the OECD, where the average is 61 per cent," said a summary of Canada-specific findings.
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Natasha

That's hard for me to believe considering all the bashing I read on these forums.

DDD

Natasha wrote:
That's hard for me to believe considering all the bashing I read on these forums.

How many people are Canadians on these forums you talk about as a lot are not. I can think of an American and an Australian person who both are scum and I do not think they represent there country as a whole. They are but one tiny insignificant dot. The internet brings out the you can't see me or know who I am attitude and that in turn can bring out the inner ugliness of an individual and in no way represents the country they live in.
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Orik

What DDD said..

The Internets anonymity offers the chance for those few bad seeds that should of been spat out because even back then they were not worth anything else.  Thus allowing for those few brain damaged individuals to act out as hooligans and since there are always a few around they tend to be the the posts one more commonly remembers

Thankfully for all those sad rejects that post there are always more than a few posters that can be truly insightful thus making some forums a worthy place to visit time and time again.

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Natasha

DDD wrote:
Natasha wrote:

How many people are Canadians on these forums you talk about as a lot are not. I can think of an American and an Australian person who both are scum and I do not think they represent there country as a whole. They are but one tiny insignificant dot. The internet brings out the you can't see me or know who I am attitude and that in turn can bring out the inner ugliness of an individual and in no way represents the country they live in.

I think it's safe to say the majority of the posters on this forum, DV, MMB, and DATW are in fact Canadian. So that leads me to know that most of the "I hate America" bashing comes from who... Canadians. Do I think those posters represent their country as whole? NO, and no where did I say they did. However, if the posters on the forums I listed behave in IRL as they do ON the forums (as they claim they do) then I find saying "Canadians are the most tolerant people" hard to believe. You're right as far as the ugliness of an indiviual no way represents the country they live in. It can also be said the kind heart of an individual no way represents the country they live in. But yet.... well, you entitled this thread sooo....

I stand by my statement, "I find it hard to believe"

Natasha

Orik wrote:
there are always more than a few posters that can be truly insightful thus making some forums a worthy place to visit time and time again.

I can agree with that 100%  :)   .... even if he is Canadian  ;)