Pictures Only Please!

Started by kits, Feb 09 06 02:47

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

what does that mean? Hand pulled noodles?
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Hand-made noodles 'pulled' by a chef with his hands. That is how you make noodles. You pull them, then string them...... if you're ever in Vancouver, there's a place that shows you how it's done and you can eat the noodles there. I think the place is called Shaolin Noodle Restaurant on Broadway.

Other than that, you can use your imagination as to why they call it hand-pulled............
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

weird al

Sorry about the giant photo, but I felt this image had to preserved for posterity, if that's the term...

Sportsdude

Lise

al, whereabout did you take that photo?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

[H1]Golden Fortune[/H1] 4963 Joyce St., Vancouver
Tel: 604-437-3818

East Vancouver

weird al

That's on Joyce Road, between Kingsway and 29th, a little north of the Skytrain station.  

Lise

Ah............ I'll have to look out for this one.

I can see a reflection of a guy and a camera in the window. Is that you, al??
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Hey, how did you know that, Sportsdude?
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I'm good what can I say.  The picture gives the name of the place and I guessed weird al was from vancouver so I googled the name and put vancouver next to it and a website gave me directions.

weird al

Here's another one from today's travels. A sign at 45th and Clarendon. It's been there for years. There's another one kittycorner from it, that says, what else, OURS. Obviously the City approves of these signs, but what the hell are they all about? Again, sorry for the inconvenient size.    

Lise

Sportsdude, you're quite the detective. I think al should put up photos and ask you to guess where they're taken from.

weird al, do you like taking pictures? Good one with the last picture.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

What can I say. Heck I've never been to Van but I've memorized the city map so I know where the major streets are and I can find local landmarkds on Google Earth.

Weird Al I have no idea why they would have signs like that but considering North Vancouver park signs talk to dogs I'm not suprised.

weird al

No that ain't me...it's an interesting approach but it isn't me. Nah, who'm I trying to kid? Yeah, that's me, but remember, the image is reversed.

Lise

Ah, I thought so. * trying to squint hard *

Well, nitey nite all. Thanks for the pictures, you two. I'll put some of mine up when I get the chance.

Ciao.
Bill Cosby.

|