Babies

Started by Gopher, Aug 26 10 02:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher

Which of our posters have had children while they've been here? I can only think of Lise  and Purelife and - of course - Russ and Starfish Scientist who are currently awaiting. Are there who I have overlooked?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

DDD

Not me mine is 15 now
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Lil Me

I think that's it.

My Heckyl and Jeckyl are 9 and almost 12.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

DDD

Lil Me wrote:
 I think that's it.

My Heckyl and Jeckyl are 9 and almost 12.[/DIV]
 Great ages..............15 not so good

P.C.

Strangely enough, I had a dream a couple nights ago that I had a baby.  Does that count ? [img border=0 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif"]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

DDD

P.C. wrote:
 Strangely enough, I had a dream a couple nights ago that I had a baby.  Does that count ? [img border=0 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif"][/DIV]
 Depends on who the Dad was ;)

Lil Me

Is anyone thinking about having more babies?  (I'm not.  Though I do dream about it from time to time).
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Orik

I think about it, but the reality is I probably won't be having any.

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Natasha

Lil Me wrote:
 Is anyone thinking about having more babies?

I had my tubes tied years ago so I don't plan on getting pregnant but I've considered adoption. I'm not in any hurry though.

DDD

Nope not at my age...............if younger you never know then

purelife

If I had the money and resources, I would have another baby right now.  I want to keep them close in age.  

DDD

purelife wrote:
If I had the money and resources, I would have another baby right now.  I want to keep them close in age.  
     Wish I had done that............just do it as it will all work out i wish i had done that ...... was thinking the same way as you big mistake

purelife

Our place is too small to include another baby.  Whenever we move into a place much larger, then we'll give it a go.    

P.C.

Your way of thinking makes much more sense to me purelife.  People need to think about what it takes to raise a child, and crossing one's fingers and hoping it'll all work out isn't the answer.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

DDD

P.C. wrote:
Your way of thinking makes much more sense to me purelife.  People need to think about what it takes to raise a child, and crossing one's fingers and hoping it'll all work out isn't the answer.  
      [P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal]And if everyone only thought about the cost we would have far less kids running around out there. I have known couples that have far less than a lot but having kids was a priority for them. They may have done without luxury items and fancy vacations but they are by far some of the happiest people I know of. As the kids get older and have children they are seeing what it's [?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /][st1:PersonName w:st="on"]al[/st1:PersonName]l about FAMILY.

[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal][?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /][o:p] [/o:p]

[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal]That's why I wish I had not thought about the cash and had just gone for it. This is and [st1:PersonName w:st="on"]al[/st1:PersonName]ways will be one of the things in life that I regret. At 46 I do not want babies now but at 30 I should have had at least 2 back to back. I know with my step kids that the two of them where within 2 years of each other and where best of friends in everything. All there friends hang out together they where so lucky.