Visualization of the world’s population at year 2300

Started by TehBorken, Mar 29 06 03:23

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[blockquote][em]"By 2300 the United Nations forecasts that the global population will be just under 9 billion. World population is expected to rise, peak and then decline slightly between 2050 and 2300. The highest long term population growth is predicted for Africa. Africa is currently underpopulated and has the lowest life expectancies. Other regions' populations are predicted to stay level or decline. Between 2050 and 2300 the areas currently known as India, China, the United States and Pakistan maintain their ranked order as having the world's highest populations. The numbers shown here are estimates - based on predicted future behaviours."[/em][/p][/blockquote]    [a href="http://www.sasi.group.shef.ac.uk/worldmapper/index.html"]WorldMapper's[/a] visualization of the world's population at year 2300 is shown below. See how fat China & India will be and how skinny Australia will be?
[/p]

[em]"Out of every 100 persons added to the population in the coming decade, 97 will live in developing countries." [/em]Hania Zlotnik, 2005
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

MICK

Schadenfreude

[img class=pic height=491 alt=bobnGirls.jpg src="http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d149/lookslikecrap/bobnGirls.jpg" width=543].
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

Trollio

[a  href="http://www.redcolony.com/features.php?name=missionstatement"] Mars colony[/a], anyone?  
one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

Sportsdude

I'll take the moon. So when the world powers get angry at each other and start nuking themselves, I can sit back in my recliner and eat some popcorn.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

tenkani

LOL. The Earth will just be starting to recover from us in 2300. We will be long gone.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

CK

Sportsdude

tenkani wrote:
 LOL. The Earth will just be starting to recover from us in 2300. We will be long gone.[/DIV]
 I'll find the magic pill or something. The government keeps saying my generation won't retire til 70 or 80 I figure I got another 20 years after that which would be 80 years from now. 2086. Who knows what kind of stuff we've created by then, although I doubt it will come from america because my generation is lazy.

CK

Does anyone really have a magic ball? But, even without on, it doesn't take a scientist to look at the world and see the irreversible damage that was done hundreds of years ago, never mind modern day. If its not one thing, its another.

tenkani

We've got a climatological tipping point in roughly 10 years. We're too short-sighted to do anything significant in that span. In 50 to 100 years climate change will have caused major disasters, draughts and famine across the globe, leading to uncontrolled rioting and small-scale wars that soon blossom into a global war. No one really knows who launched the first nuclear weapon, but once airborne, itchy fingers in Russia, the U.S, China and the Middle East join the fray. The Earth is left a smoking ruin, and then nuclear winter sets in, immediately reversing the global warming trend. Unfortunately, we aren't around to enjoy our new winter wonderland.

Sportsdude

darn, I was about to get my skates sharpened.

Trollio

Sportsdude wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]I'll take the moon. So when the world powers get angry at each other and start nuking themselves, I can sit back in my recliner and eat some popcorn.[/div]
 Er... it won't quite work like that. Without the earth, your life on the moon will become extremely unpleasant very quickly.

Like a trailer becoming unhitched at 17,000 miles per hour.

one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

Sportsdude

tenkani

Oh, the Earth will still be around. It's just going to look strikingly similar to the Moon!  

CK