Religious love and tolerance

Started by TehBorken, Aug 04 10 04:03

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

As a Christian I must say I am appal ed, disgusted and ashamed to see idiots like him in a position of authority, how he can do something so stupid is beyond me.. This is going to incite a whole lot of extreme behaviour.. This is not the Christian way I was taught.. He should have his pastorate, his right to be a pastor revoked...

Disgusting is all I can say. I am Christian I like to think I am lenient & forgiving mostly tolerant of other people heck, I am tolerant. But some actions are just so idiotic I want to reach out and slap the man. Then I want to ask him what On Gods Green earth is wrong with you man. Just what In the hell are you thinking ?

As a human being, I am appalled, disgusted and ashamed to see idiots like him in a position of authority.
It was not the way I was taught either for no other reason than that it is wrong.

It is disgusting, and although I am not Christian, I am tolerant of other people.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Orik

@ PC Here here Ma'am.. That was Very Well said... If only more people had some of that same strong moral fibre you show.. It can be a very messy planet we live on. When we share an enclosed space with some folks who disagree with us it can get complicated.

That leads to one little problem, which is sooner or later, all those disagreements, will at some point cause tempers to grow to hot and then the person blows up & then it will come to blows... I have seen that happen so many times and the hotter the temperatures get, the shorter the human fuse gets about what will set them off...

=(

I hate to say that It shames me at times to see the stupidity that happens around here...What shames me so much, is that I have risen to the bait and struck back verbally when I could of just walked away instead of reacting to the baited hook before me..

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

DDD

I hate to say that It shames me at times to see the stupidity that happens around here...What shames me so much, is that I have risen to the bait and struck back verbally when I could of just walked away instead of reacting to the baited hook before me..

Feel the same Orik
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Orik

Thank you D, I feel a little better knowing I am not alone in this aspect of life... It can be so difficult to remain calm and collected with people at times.. I know I must try harder in life to be the better man and to turn that other cheek.

All my life I have had that shortcoming. I have often failed to walk away from an issue and stop speaking with a person until after my ire has had a chance to cool. When I manage that better (my temper) I feel more in control. I  have learned to place me emotions aside but sadly it took many years of arguments and self loathing to learn the meditative techniques to put that emotional distance into practice.

I am much better at walking away from a fight and a argument now. I think allot of that had to do with the martial arts classes, the counselling training, the theological courses and the teachings and time spent reading psychology manuals & criminalogical theory (sp) (Talk about some heavy reading and I mean that in two ways the books weighed a ton & the emotional content was weighty in itself)  

Some of the weirdest stuff came in studying or reading on abnormal psychology, how to books classes on profiling criminal intent...plis some other things that just grossed me out. yuck ick and vomit I dropped the classes, I did not have the heart or stomach to keep reading it. The manuals are shoved to the far back of my bookcase, I can not bring myself to throw them out they did cost a small fortune.  

I must say those where some incredably heavy subjects.. I think I learned more from the theological classes and the meditation classes plus all the time I spent studying and practising basic forms in some basic martial arts. Thanks to my teachers in all of the above, I can really put my mind at rest but I am still human just like the rest of humanity i have some buttons and when pressed they will sometimes result in a reaction not planned on.

I spent significant time in meditation or if you prefer to call it something else perhaps, silent prayer this was a significant factor at learning to step outside of myself and placing the anger, aside not by burying it, but by letting it be a part of me but distant at the same time.  Learning to put my trust in a higher power and in my self...

But in my youth I was not good at it at  any of those things at all... I was quick to look for offence & to take offence or if those failed, to cause offence I purposely would try goad some one on into anger in to  fighting or arguing...

Now I am older and perchance even a little wiser maybe even a little better at controlling my temper, quicker to forgive and to let go of those things that angered me, I learned how to release what was bothering me with out using violence, I let it go rather than to hold on to that hate...

I am not perfect thank the light, but I am also not covered in tar. most of the time I do not respond with something said in anger, i no longer say things just out of anger to make some one else angrier. There is no longer a need to hurt others or to hurt myself. I learned to not say the things, that need not have been said at all...

With that no feelings are stepped on and best of all no one is hurt emotional or physically. Words wound just as much as a knife thrust, at times the word can be sharper than a sword I forget who said that... But those sharp swords have a way of causing more damage to someones id or psyche and the emotional wounds run deep, they can fester for years before coming to the surface many years later with anger hate & a whole lot of emotional upheaval.. those haunting words can some times kill...

Here is hoping tomorrow is cooler and every ones tempers will have a chance to cool off . I witnessed 5 fights in the east side today & all of them were basically grumpy people who let their tempers fly away from them because they are just to hot from this mild heat wave we are in...

We all need to learn how to curb what we say & take control with how  we shall respond to what our fellow man says... That includes woman in  that, when I say man I also mean women or Man as in mankind our whole  human race.... Am I boring you all yet... lol.. it's hot plus time for a  frosted glass and some fresca with ice, followed up by a cold shower and bed to try to  sleep.

Goodnight every one.. may peace be your,  today,  tomorrow and for ever more...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Natasha

P.C. wrote:
We are ?  
   Yup, no one is perfect.. no one. We may not realize what we've done sometimes but we've all done wrong and have had wrong done to us.

Natasha

Orik wrote:
some might not be. just because some are does not mean everyone is..

and even some aren't hypocrites it doesn't make them excempt from wrong doing.

Orik

There is a lot of truth to that Natasha.. Sadly, we all make mistakes along the way. The beautiful thing is that some folks are forgiving to those who make mistakes and learn from them... Sadder yet is those who fail to learn anything from their past mistakes and then spend time an time again repeating them..

I can forgive some one something that is a mistake but forgiving them for doing the same thing day in & day out... Well thats not a mistake that is just =( Well I am not sure what it is, but I think most of the time it is destructive behaviour some one does to one's self..

Saddened at the suffering I see at times..

Natasha

Orik wrote:
we all make mistakes along the way.

Which is to be expected and is understandable (in a lot of cases).

The beautiful thing is that some folks are forgiving to those who make mistakes and learn from them...

I have a tendency to forgive quickly. I've been told by some it's a bad trait. I understand it puts me at risk to be taken advantage of and it puts me at risk for further pain but I love my forgiving nature. I've learned to make and more importantly enforce boundaries in an attempt to emotionally protect myself from long term harm. What I don't understand is why people think if you forgive someone you have to be friends with that person? It's possible to forgive someone while keeping your distance from them..imo. Why keep reaching your hand out when you know all they're going to do is gnaw it off at the wrist? Forigve them and move on.

Sadder yet is those who fail to learn anything from their past mistakes

I think failing to learn from past mistakes makes a person live with regrets. If you learned something why beat yourself up over what happened?

forgiving them for doing the same thing day in & day out...

That's when it's time to forgive them and keep your distance...imo.

I think most of the time it is destructive behaviour some one does to one's self..

I never looked at it that way but you're so right. That's exactly what it is. And you know some people truly are oblivious to their behavior. They complain about how things go but never stop to ask themselves "maybe it's me". I don't get it. After a while how could you not wonder if it's you?

P.C.

P.C. wrote:
We are ?  
 [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] Yup, no one is perfect.. no one. We may not realize what we've done sometimes but we've all done wrong and have had wrong done to us.

[span style="font-weight: normal;"]
Absolutely.  But doing wrong doesn't make us all hypocrites.[/span]
[span style="font-weight: normal;"][/span]

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Natasha

True P.C. but just because someone doesn't recognize/recall being hypocritcal doesn't mean they have never done it.

DDD

[FONT face="Arial Black"]So we can not  [SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]Burn A Quran or a Bible now? Why ? or is it more about this guy being an ass?[/SPAN][/FONT]

[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"][/SPAN]

Orik

Burning any decent books should be criminal.. mostly it is about the guy acting foolishly.

He is a leader. he has to set an example and the example he is setting is definitely not a good one..

Natasha

Orik wrote:
Burning any decent books should be criminal..

Agree but the question then becomes who decides which books are decent?

Orik

Hi Natasha, lets just say this comes down to who decided what is indecent.. It is more along with who decides which books are indecent and I believe that would be the Supreme Court Of Canada..  With Federal observance I guess.

They have a list of laws which are deemed indecent. Therefore books containing such material can be safely burned.

It is not so much who rules the rulers or who decides what is decent,. it is a bit about the laws and what they mean & who upholds them, who enforces them & who makes them.

It is about accountability.. we need less policing as such but we do need more enforcement of the laws that do exist as they are..  maybe some of the laws are archiac and need to be revamped for the new centruy. Things change all of mankind is slowly changing..

Decency and indecency starts with in you in your own heart.. The moral fibre that was instilled in you at birth and by the upbringing you were raised with.

I would protest this man's book burning but I would also protest if they tried to arrest him. As long as he breaks no laws and does not hurt any one there is little that can be done about what you oe i may think is idiocy. or lunacy.. Sadly some others think differently..

What we need to do is continue to teach our children what is morally right & wrong and pray the Courts of law will uphold the right laws and the government will enforce the right ones... the only way top change things is to become involved and to vote how you feel. 1 vote can make a difference

blah I am rambling time for a nap.. to early to be awake

DDD

Christians coming under attack in China

[A href="http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/844963--video-christians-coming-under-attack-in-china"]http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/844963--video-christians-coming-under-attack-in-china[/A]

[A href="http://www.thestar.com/videozone/852312--man-shot-in-head-realizes-5-years-later"][/A]      

|