Religious love and tolerance

Started by TehBorken, Aug 04 10 04:03

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

This must be some of that religious love and tolerance I keep hearin' about...
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]
To commemorate the ninth anniversary of 9/11, the Dove World Outreach Center will hold a Quran burning. Senior pastor Terry Jones, organizer of "International Burn A Quran Day," is also the author of the book Islam Is Of The Devil, which I'm sure is a convincing demonstration of intellectual rigor and celebration of diversity.
The Dove World Outreach Center members are pals with the delightful folks from the Westboro Baptist Church, famed for their "God hates" fags" protests.

[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]http://www.christianpost.com/article/20100728/fla-church-plans-burn-a-quran-day-on-9-11/
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Orik

As a Christian I must say I am appal ed, disgusted and ashamed to see idiots like him in a position of authority, how he can do something so stupid is beyond me.. This is going to incite a whole lot of extreme behaviour.. This is not the Christian way I was taught.. He should have his pastorate, his right to be a pastor revoked...

Disgusting is all I can say. I am Christian I like to think I am lenient & forgiving mostly tolerant of other people heck, I am tolerant. But some actions are just so idiotic I want to reach out and slap the man. Then I want to ask him what On Gods Green earth is wrong with you man. Just what In the hell are you thinking ?

He is A Flaming Idiot is all I can say politely, the other words I would like to use are less forgiving, I am not sure if swearing is sinful or not BUT I have some choice invective an vernacular, I would Like to let rip. I have many many ways of describing him, but my immediate thoughts are this. Fool, idiot, a pompous blow-hard &a  egotistical jack ass to boot, these are the cleanest that come to mind at present.  I have enough to repent for with out adding the rest of my description or thoughts...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Marty

TehBorken

I'm guessing, just guessing that pastor Terry Jones probably would be outraged if a group of Muslims held a "Burn A Bible" day. Cuz, you know, that would be wrong or blasphemous or offensive to his particular brand of [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]self-delusion[/span] religion.

After all, it's not like Christianity hasn't been responsible for every possible kind of crime and offense in the world, including murder, racism, child molestation, discrimination, suppression of ideas, etc etc etc.

The problem isn't this religion or that religion, it's religion. Period.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Marty

DDD

Marty wrote:
 Imagine no religion...[/DIV]
 I 2nd that
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Natasha

Orik wrote:
As a Christian I must say I am appal ed, disgusted and ashamed to see idiots like him in a position of authority

I completely agree.

how he can do something so stupid is beyond me..

and how can anyone follow his actions is even more confusing.

Gopher

There are a lot of people who make a lot of noise telling all the world that they are Christians - I'm of the opinion that they have to do this as otherwise we'd have no idea. It's not in the Christian ethic to act this way.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Natasha

^ Not all Christians are like that.

Gopher

I know that, Natasha, I'm aiming my point at those who are obnoxiously insensitive to others.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Natasha

Good to know but then again I think almost everyone has been obnoxiously insensitive to another person in one way or another. Oh well, you know what they say "nobody is perfect".

P.C.

So much hypocrisy, so little time.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Natasha

^ agree. Sad part is we're all guilty of it wether we want to admit or not.  

P.C.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Orik

some might not be. just because some are does not mean everyone is..

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.