40 billionaires pledge to donate half their wealth

Started by DDD, Aug 04 10 03:03

Previous topic - Next topic

DDD

[A href="http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/msnbc-article.aspx?cp-documentid=25092197"]http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/msnbc-article.aspx?cp-documentid=25092197[/A]

This is cool............
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Orik

now if only just one of them would donate kindly donate to me 5,000,000.00 USD. I could settle down in la union or maybe Negros Occidental while I continue to collect my disability pension of 610 Canadian per month crap money here but it would go along way in the Philippines to live on while i hopefully can build a awesome resort barangay area.. a place tourists and ex-pats plus the disabled or the grievously or terminally Ill alike would want to go to for there remaining years a great place to retire to a place I would die happy at.

Reason I need so much is that it costs a bit of money to build a 50 bed  bed breakfast type bungalows that are built to western standard code + something that is environmentally friendly pretty much self sustaining in-case things go off the chart. solar panels for heating the water and running battery back ups. wind and water turbines if thats possible..

A rain collection system to get drinking water and water to bath in.. Not to mention shower with etcetra.. it would need an environmentally friendly waste treatment centre something that can collect waste to be used as compost and a system for using that compost for fertilization of organic farm land  for fruit or vegetables or whatever can be grown for use in the complex plus export  

plus it will have to survive typhoons, possible earthquakes and or volcanic explosions the whole complex would have to be completely self sufficient in states of emergency capable of supporting its self.. Small triage centre nurses and what not.. hopefully entice some retired doctors to come live in this complex..

it will also have to have disability access buildings. for food storage food processing  a building for computer equipment  lots of land  for living and one is battery generator power storage or central system for the rest of the housing complex.

not to mention a Computer repair shop / Internet café coffee shop a school area to teach computer repair programming and ESL PSL or TSL or what not... I have big dreams but no financing and no skills at building a dream..

But all those billionaires know how to do it they did it all ready.. now if only I could pick there pockets there minds get some education in the areas I need and want to do. Then I would go out and do it.. and if hopefully successful leave a pretty interesting legacy behind when I die..

I got all these wild ideas but no way to make them fly..

Environmentally friendly resorts have been done before but this would be a whole community.  I can imagine whole towns communities 1000 Plus families living back on it's original roots I guess I am a bit of a Hippie in my heart...

We can be self sufficient with out giving up technology we just need to incorporate mother nature and technology togeather a way that can prosper and flourish communities around.. We treat thouands of gallons of human waste. .where does it all go well some of it surely gets used as compost and ferterlizers.. I can see 1000 houses all conected via the internet to schools and classes around the world free wireless access for the whole community. children taking classes of advanced mathematic physics from a teacher in Germany or maybe from a rocket scientist from Prague.. Taking mandarin lessons interactively like the Rosetta stone but in a virtual reality enviroment

[table bgcolor="#ffffdd" border="1"][tbody][tr][td colspan="2" align="center"][small]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
    Please type the text below into this field[/small][/td][/tr]    [tr][td align="center"]    [style type="text/css"]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/style] [table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"][tbody][tr][td]
[/td][td rowspan="2" class="at_r1"]at[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]cre[/td][td]e[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/td][td][input name="sauce_check" value="106b209e1efd1846d5a56be5d02fb6d7" type="hidden"][input name="sauce" size="10" type="text"][/td][/tr][/tbody][/table]

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.