DV is supportive of Fascism & Rascism

Started by Orik, Aug 03 10 11:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Orik

[a href="http://discovervancouver.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2040"]IS D.V. The new home for Nazis ? [/a]

What do you think as Americans or as Canadians or as a Citizen of the world at large ?  of the Posts and posters that are currently on DV.

Do you think Vancouver is a racist city after casually checking out the DV forum ?

What I am failing to understand is, How can Discover Vancouver let the  blatant racist posts such as some of the ones by S.S and a few other  ugly troglodytes continue.

Why does DV allow those forms of trolls to continue to be members, they  continue to post all sorts of racist & snide remarks, they continue  to post topics that allows for homophobia and for race baiting.  

I am really seeing the truth in the fact, that DV supports racism and is  Pro Nazi.. You are starting to disgust me. DV.  you should really start  doing something to curb the trend before it becomes as bad as that  other forum, Has any one else gone to Memebee have you seen the crap  they let be posted there? All those racist posters.  

Sure you ban me once upon a time, but you do nothing to curb the racism  that is running rampant on here. DV you really should start  banning  those types of trolls from this forum. That is the place to start and  get those administrators and so called moderators deleting all the race  baiting threads and do something about all those Homophobic threads as  well..

I foresee a great lot of legal formalities in the Future of DV if those  sorts of threads with all that racist crap is allowed to continue.

Feel free to let the mayhem continue or start doing something to curb it  and make DV a Kinder gentler Place where Posters from all over the  world feel welcomed as it is this place scares off most tourists they  see this and think I would be better off taking my vacation to some  other city than Vancouver.. BAH!  You Vancouverites are starting to  disgust me you make me sick to be a fellow Canadian.. I am sick and  tired of it all. I am sickened to have you as my neighbours.. You Racists  Disgust Me.

There is such a thing as free speech.. but where does free-speech end and HATE SPEECH begin ?

Just my 2 cents

Please respond in depth on it as you feel as a world citizen. I doubt I will get any good posts on DV about it.

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Orik

With in minutes of posting the thread, the so called Administrators Or Forum moderators deleted it. Once Again proving a point that has been raised here. The Evidence in the ever growing file that could lead to one hell of a law suite if any one ever had the gumption to take DV to court on it...

My thoughts on it are this...Either they (meaning the admins & mods) are incompetent at the job they do. OR DV administrators and it's current staff of moderators support Racism and possibly Fascism as well.

just my 2 cents on it..

Screen shots available upon request

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Orik

Marty

Orik, the posters will take care of stupid trolls in the way they always do - mock them and ignore them.  It was a troll post.  People responded.  You are making a big stink about nothing.

TehBorken

Marty wrote:
It was a troll post.  People responded.

I'm curious, how did they respond? Was the poster shouted down, reviled, or did others chime in?

You are making a big stink about nothing.

I don't go to Memebee so I have no idea what the place is like, but to me spotting and "outing" racism and the like seem to be a reasonable pursuit. I don't think exposing racism is "making a big stink about nothing", but again I don't know what the forum there is like. I've seen plenty of forums where it's tolerated or at least not opposed.

I support free speech, but that doesn't mean the same thing to me as supporting racism or providing a place where hate speech flourishes. There are plenty of places like that and if that's what the owners choose to allow, so be it. That doesn't mean I agree with it or that I'll tolerate it myself.

It's all well and good to pontificate about tolerating this and that until you've become a target of it yourself...then suddenly it's not quite as palatable. And "pooh-poohing" it or minimizing it serves no one. But for most people as long as they aren't a member of a group that's under fire, they don't give a shit. What's the big deal, right?

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Marty

TehBorken wrote:
Marty wrote:
[SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]It was a troll post.  People responded. [/SPAN]

I'm curious, how did they respond? Was the poster shouted down, reviled, or did others chime in?
[BR style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]
[SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]
You are making a big stink about nothing.

[/SPAN]I don't go to Memebee so I have no idea what the place is like, but to me spotting and "outing" racism and the like seem to be a reasonable pursuit. I don't think exposing racism is "making a big stink about nothing", but again I don't know what the forum there is like. I've seen plenty of forums where it's tolerated or at least not opposed.

I support free speech, but that doesn't mean the same thing to me as supporting racism or providing a place where hate speech flourishes. There are plenty of places like that and if that's what the owners choose to allow, so be it. That doesn't mean I agree with it or that I'll tolerate it myself.

It's all well and good to pontificate about tolerating this and that until you've become a target of it yourself...then suddenly it's not quite as palatable. And "pooh-poohing" it or minimizing it serves no one. But for most people as long as they aren't a member of a group that's under fire, they don't give a shit. What's the big deal, right?

See for yourself:  [A href="http://discovervancouver.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1963&st=0&p=30364&fromsearch=1&#entry30364"]http://discovervancouver.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1963&st=0&p=30364&fromsearch=1&#entry30364[/A]

It was met with the exact same intention it was posted with.  People didn't even give the troll the time of day or play into the attempt to incite response to the Nazi flag.  *YAWN*

I am sure you and I both are no strangers to forums and the types that post on them.  By now, you should be able to distinguish between actual racist commentary and some shithead trying to get attention.  Hate speech doesn't flourish on DV, nor does racism.  As a non-white person, I assure you, I'd notice.  

The interesting thing is so many white people take up this crusade to rid the world of racism when they don't even know what it looks or feels like.  In turn, those folks have become hyper sensitive to any comment that could possibily be taken as racist.  I personally don't enjoy witnessing this misplaced anti-racial crusade so many folks are on at the moment.  People spend so much time looking for racism that they miss the real stuff.

TehBorken

Marty wrote:[em]
[/em]The interesting thing is so many white people take up this crusade to rid the world of racism when they don't even know what it looks or feels like.

Trust me, you don't have to be non-white to be a target of racism or discrimination. You could be one of any number of religions (practicing or not). You could be married and/or dating someone who is non-white. You could be gay. You could be a variety of things that make you a target. It's not always about skin color. (Yes, racism is by definition, but I think you understand what I'm saying.)

But frankly, even if none of those things apply to a person, being aware of racism and discrimination is something any ethical or reasonable person should understand and not tolerate.

Marty

TehBorken wrote:
Marty wrote:
[SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]The interesting thing is so many white people take up this crusade to rid the world of racism when they don't even know what it looks or feels like.[/SPAN]

Trust me, you don't have to be non-white to be a target of racism or discrimination. You could be one of any number of religions (practicing or not). You could be married and/or dating someone who is non-white. You could be gay. You could be a variety of things that make you a target. It's not always about skin color. (Yes, [SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]racism [/SPAN]is by definition, but I think you understand what I'm saying.)

But frankly, even if none of those things apply to a person, being aware of racism and discrimination is something any ethical or reasonable person should understand and not tolerate.

Straight white Christian males in Canada and the US will not feel the same sting of racism as someone isn't any of those things.

Racism and discrimination should not be tolerated.  But that's not what we are really talking about here.  The issue at hand is Orik freaking out over a picture of a couple of asian chicks standing in front of a Nazi flag.  That isn't racist.  That isn't fascist.  To run around claiming DV is supportive of fascism and racism based on that one thread is an outlandish assertion.

Marty

[FONT color=#8b8b8b]What do you think as Americans or as Canadians or as a Citizen of the world at large ?  of the Posts and posters that are currently on DV. [/FONT]

I think they are a diverse group with diverse opinions and interests having some decent and not so decent conversations on a forum.  Pretty typical forum fair really.

[FONT color=#737373]Do you think Vancouver is a racist city after casually checking out the DV forum ?[/FONT]

No.  I don't judge an entire city or it's citizens based on the comments of a few posters on a forum.  If you have bothered to check out the demographics of posters, there is a large diversity in the poster population.  Some are from Vancouver, some are American, some are just plain trolls.

[FONT color=#8b8b8b]What I am failing to understand is, How can Discover Vancouver let the  blatant racist posts such as some of the ones by S.S and a few other  ugly troglodytes continue. [/FONT]

I would highly recommend familiarizing yourself with the definition of racism before calling what S.S. posted racist.  

[FONT color=#8b8b8b][/FONT]  
[FONT color=#8b8b8b]Why does DV allow those forms of trolls to continue to be members, they  continue to post all sorts of racist & snide remarks, they continue  to post topics that allows for homophobia and for race baiting.  [/FONT][FONT color=#8b8b8b]
[/i]

[/FONT][FONT color=#000000]From what I have seen on DV, this statement is unfounded.  It sounds like you are worked up about one post and blanket labelling the whole forum.  --tsk tsk--[/FONT]

[FONT color=#8b8b8b]I am really seeing the truth in the fact, that DV supports racism and is  Pro Nazi.. You are starting to disgust me. DV.  you should really start  doing something to curb the trend before it becomes as bad as that  other forum, Has any one else gone to Memebee have you seen the crap  they let be posted there? All those racist posters.  [/FONT]

You and I both know DV doesn't support racism and is Pro Nazi.  If you really want to be taken seriously, I would suggest dropping the drama down by a good 3/4s.  And yes, I have been to Memebee.

[FONT color=#8b8b8b]Sure you ban me once upon a time, but you do nothing to curb the racism  that is running rampant on here. DV you really should start  banning  those types of trolls from this forum. That is the place to start and  get those administrators and so called moderators deleting all the race  baiting threads and do something about all those Homophobic threads as  well.. [/FONT]

Again with the untrue dramatics.  Banning trolls has been so productive over there.  I guess you've missed the last month or so of being nailed with gaping anus photos.  You aren't a dumb guy Orik.  I am sure you are aware of how easy it is to ban evade.

Maybe you can be so kind as to point out these so called homophobic threads.  I am going to assume you are talking about the discussions around the Gay Pride Parade.  People are taking issue with the parade and issues surrounding the parade.  They aren't gay bashing.

[FONT color=#8b8b8b]I foresee a great lot of legal formalities in the Future of DV if those  sorts of threads with all that racist crap is allowed to continue.[/FONT]

Funny, I don't.  It isn't illegal to be a racist.  Having a firm grasp on internet law in US and Canada, I have seen nothing on the board in terms of commentary that would fall under legally actionable.  Maybe you are aware of some law I don't know about.

[FONT color=#8b8b8b]Feel free to let the mayhem continue or start doing something to curb it  and make DV a Kinder gentler Place where Posters from all over the  world feel welcomed as it is this place scares off most tourists they  see this and think I would be better off taking my vacation to some  other city than Vancouver.. BAH!  You Vancouverites are starting to  disgust me you make me sick to be a fellow Canadian.. I am sick and  tired of it all. I am sickened to have you as my neighbours.. You Racists  Disgust Me.[/FONT]

You are assuming the people posting stuff you have misplaced as racist are from Vancouver.  Another --tsk tsk-- for you.  You are managing to do nothing but make yourself sick.  Once again, familiarize yourself with the definition of racism.  I would be happy to provide you with some real life examples of racism as I have been the victim of it more than once in my life.

[FONT color=#8b8b8b]There is such a thing as free speech.. but where does free-speech end and HATE SPEECH begin ?[/FONT]

Easy, in the law.  Both are defined without the law books.  Have a gander.

[FONT color=#8b8b8b]Please respond in depth on it as you feel as a world citizen. I doubt I will get any good posts on DV about it. [/FONT]

Yeah, your criticizing the mods and whining didn't get you very far did it?  I guess all those other posters on the board who oppose racism will have to pick up your slack.  I can provide you a list of those posters names if that would help you feel better.

Orik

My issue with DV is not that photo per say, it is the hundreds of numerous remarks, the purposeful creation, day after day, hour after hour, by many of the same posters. Poster who are by definition posting topics that are homophobic, topics that are racially insensitive. They are posting threads that say why should we not kill all Muslims

Why do the moderator allow the continued posting by the same posters, who intentionally continue  making topics of controversy? I can tell you what i think about this subject. They allow it because A: they are incompetent B. they don't give a rats ass. C. they support it. D all of the above.

Who are these posters that are Intentional when writing things that are considered baiting of racially sensitive topics. Joe, his continuous rampage of topics to do with homosexuality. Then there is More Tea Vicar his creating posts on all of the above for the sole purpose of being racially insensitive. He enjoys being discriminatory to all posters but he is particularly vindictive in his insults towards posters he considers none white.

But My Complaint is not About S.S and his Asian girls with there Nazi Flag who am I to criticize them, if that's what they want so be it... You See Marty my Problem is this..It is more or less the site moderators deleting a thread, one that is pointing out that there is racial sensitive material being posted

it is that behaviour that really gets me fired up.. Then there are other things such as the blatant racism that occurs the obvious hatred to none white to the disabled to the minority's... It is those things that not just I find offensive but many others find those things offensive as well

here is the kicker ready for it ?

The moderators not only tolerate it, they seem to encourage the posters, to post it. When they delete good threads and leave such atrocious and very offensive materials to stand.. Again I am not talking of just that 1 photo but of things in the whole.. The many items of contention added up out weigh the one.

Sure SS is a Troll, but when one such as he posts 50 similar threads, all of similar topics then it is crossed the line from just trolling, into hatred in my opinion and into the realms of racism, it is in and of its self discrimination..

The interesting thing is S.S. threads and comments stand, so do many of the posts by More Tea Vicar  the multitude of threads by Joe and way to many other posters to keep naming. Any one who has spent any time investigating the DV forum will see it for themselves. ..

The DV Admins And the DV Mods seem to allow those comments and seem to allow for the multitude of racially insensitive topics to remain.

Those threads continue to stand and yet my 1 single thread pointing out these items of contention. is deleted. Items I think others find just as offensive as myself, Why was that thread immediately deleted? Is that not discrimination  in and of it's self ? Is that not just what they allow others to do but not me ?

I was just wondering what gives with the double standard?

Can you answer me that Marty ?

When all I am attempting to is bring about some social commentary. some open criticism perchance or maybe you feel kudos are in order... just what is being done about the rampant racism that is permitted to flourish and quiet possibly encouraged over at D.V?...

AND yet one thread asking about it is removed..Those very same issues we are talking about here is not permitted over at DV..  Just what is wrong with that Picture ?

They allow a ton of racially insensitive not to mention discriminatory topics/threads and comments to remain they allow for the discussion on those topics and allow for other posters to chime in on those topics... while Mine on those topics is deleted..

WHY IS THAT ?

Could it be because DV Administrators and it's site moderators encourage and allow racism/discrimination to run rampant ?

again this is just my 2 cents

Maybe I am wrong, maybe they (the admins and mods of DV) do care but I sure do not see them putting any stop signs up. It looks to me like they are encouraging them

i would Love to see them trying to stop the discrimination or the rampant racism in recent days.. homophobia is also high on there lists of seemingly allowed subjects... Anti Muslim threads anti Christian threads are gaining in popularity on D.V by the hour it seems and yet Pro-Christian threads are soon shut down by the trolls or even out right deleted...  

DV Is a cesspit a free for all...  

I think I will continue to post here on Discover Seattle where it is moderated fairly, where I can say I love Philippine girls I can say I like Chinese girls  or that  Korean girls are sexy. here it is safe to  Cambodian girls are all that and that Thai girls rock...

I can say those things here with out being ridiculed and with out fear of one of my threads being deleted either..

Marty, There is freedom and then there is freedom within limits... I do not mind social commentary good and safe discourse but then there is discrimination and hatred that is disguised, you can call it what you want. but hatred is still hatred, no matter how you try to nice it up...

whew talk about a lot of errors and spelling mistakes. forgot a whole  lot of punctuation as well. never type when you are angry. lol.. time for a ice cold lemon seltzer..

TehBorken

Marty wrote:[em][/em]  [div style="font-style: italic;"]The issue at hand is Orik freaking out over a picture of a couple of asian chicks standing in front of a Nazi flag.  That isn't racist.  That isn't fascist.  To run around claiming DV is supportive of fascism and racism based on that one thread is an outlandish assertion.[/div]
Yes, and like I said, I saw the picture and (to me) it was no big deal. I'd agree that the pic by itself doesn't say anything about DV one way or the other. It's more what the response to it was that I would judge on.

Orik

Would you please quit assuming it all about that one picture, it is not. that one photo was just a tipping stone... The problem is that photo was just the last straw in a whole lot of prior straws... I just have had enough garbage fed to me this past month. it is disgusting some of the things that Go on over at DV. things mods appear to turn a blind eye to. The Response to that photo was almost none..  

I have just seen far to much crap that was being allowed to carry on,  things that have been on going for a heck of a long time. Sadly. I just had to finally chime in and voice my opinion on what I have seen happening and to my horror, not to mention my disgust, the Mods deleted my thread...

Sighs.. So much for free-speech and another dark day is won in favour for the trolls. With the stroke of one delete key by a moderator a good thread with significant potential was wrongly removed.

Just look at the amazing social discourse we have had here as an example.    

Marty

[FONT color=#8b8b8b]Orik wrote:
My issue with DV is not that photo per say, it is the hundreds of numerous remarks, the purposeful creation, day after day, hour after hour, by many of the same posters. Poster who are by definition posting topics that are homophobic, topics that are racially insensitive. They are posting threads that say why should we not kill all Muslims .[/FONT]

There are threads saying we should not kill all Muslims?  Isn't that a good thing?  Racial discussions aren't a bad thing.  The more dialogue the better imho.  

How about you name the names of some of these posters and we'll see what they've been saying.

[FONT color=#8b8b8b]Why do the moderator allow the continued posting by the same posters, who intentionally continue  making topics of controversy? I can tell you what i think about this subject. They allow it because A: they are incompetent B. they don't give a rats ass. C. they support it. D all of the above. [/FONT]

[FONT color=#000000]Topics of controversy are a bad thing?   [/FONT]

[FONT color=#737373]Who are these posters that are Intentional when writing things that are considered baiting of racially sensitive topics. Joe, his continuous rampage of topics to do with homosexuality. Then there is More Tea Vicar his creating posts on all of the above for the sole purpose of being racially insensitive. He enjoys being discriminatory to all posters but he is particularly vindictive in his insults towards posters he considers none white. [/FONT]

[FONT color=#737373][FONT color=#000000]And what response are those guys given?  More Tea Vicar gets called  names constantly.  And really, I think the guy is blotted half the time given the quality of his arguments.  Joe has resorted to trolling the forum after he had a freak out a while back.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT color=#8b8b8b]But My Complaint is not About S.S and his Asian girls with there Nazi Flag who am I to criticize them, if that's what they want so be it... You See Marty my Problem is this..It is more or less the site moderators deleting a thread, one that is pointing out that there is racial sensitive material being posted.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#000000]I saw your thread Orik.  It was you going off on the mods.  They seem pretty good about dealing with issues via the Report function and would recommend you try that rather than spazzing in the main forum.   I have noticed though if you start running around calling everything you see racist, whether it is or isn't, you are just going to get marked as one of the crying wolf bunch.
[/FONT]
[FONT color=#737373]it is that behaviour that really gets me fired up.. Then there are other things such as the blatant racism that occurs the obvious hatred to none white to the disabled to the minority's... It is those things that not just I find offensive but many others find those things offensive as well[/FONT]

[FONT color=#000000]Where is the blatant racism?  Links?[/FONT]

[FONT color=#737373]The moderators not only tolerate it, they seem to encourage it the encourage posters to post it when they delete good threads and leave such atrocious and very offensive materials to stand.. Again I am not talking of just that 1 photo but of things in the whole.. The many out weigh the one. [/FONT]

[FONT color=#000000]I don't consider your whingefest a quality thread.  Where is all this offensive material you think should be removed?[/FONT]

[FONT color=#8b8b8b]Sure SS is a Troll but when he posts 50 similar threads all of similar topics then it is crossed the line from just trolling to hatred in my opinion and into the realms of racism, it is in and of its self discrimination.. [/FONT]

[FONT color=#000000]One is not 50.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#737373]The interesting thing is S.S. threads and comments stand, so do many of the posts by More Tea Vicar  the multitude of threads by Joe and way to many other posters to keep naming. Any one who has spent any time investigating the DV forum will see it for themselves. .. The DV Admins And the DV Mods allow those comments  and allow for the multitude of racially insensitive topics to remain. [/FONT]

[FONT color=#000000]I do believe at one point More Tea Vicar aka True Grit Brit was permabanned for a while there.  I would encourage you to make a case to the mods, with legitimate points, that his ban should be reinstated.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#737373]Those threads continue to stand and yet my single thread pointing out these items of contention. items I think others find just as offensive as myself Is immediately deleted. Is that not discrimination ? Is that not just what they allow others to do but not me ?? What gives with the double standard Marty ?? [/FONT]

[FONT color=#000000]Again, you were being nothing more than a critical whiner.  No one wants to do favours for someone after they've criticized the crap out of them.  I wouldn't get too bent that your tantrum thread was deleting.  I would have deleted it if I was a mod.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#8b8b8b]When all I am attempting to bring about is some social commentary about the rampant racism that is permitted to flourish and quiet possibly encouraged... AND yet one thread asking about it those very same issues we are talking about here is not permitted over at DV.. [/FONT]

[FONT color=#000000]No you weren't.  You posted a bitchfest.  You also went off about some picture that really had nothing to do with racism.  Do you really want to be that guy?
[/FONT]
[FONT color=#737373]They allow a ton of racially insensitive not to mention discriminatory topics/threads and comments to remain they allow for the discussion on those topics and allow for other posters to chime in on those topics... while Mine on those topics is deleted.. [/FONT]

Yeah they allow discussion.  These issues aren't always pretty nor are the attitudes that accompany them.  It really sounds like you just want to stifle any speech you deem offensive or sensitive.  Again, your post was deleted because you were being a bitch and you know it.  PM a mod if you have a serious issue you want addressed.

[FONT color=#737373]WHY IS THAT ?

Could it be because DV Administrators and it's site moderators encourage and allow racism/discrimination to run rampant ?

again this is just my 2 cents
[/FONT]

[FONT color=#000000]Yes, that must be it.  They deleted your post because they love racism and discrimination.  Are you even buying this crap?[/FONT]

[FONT color=#737373]Maybe I am wrong, maybe they (the admins and mods of DV) do care but I sure do not see them putting any stop signs up. It looks to me like they are encouraging them[/FONT]

[FONT color=#000000]Maybe you aren't on DV enough to see the stuff that does get removed.  I have watched many of a forum a**hole flip because their comments were removed.  The fact that they have a forum stalking troll tells you something.
[/FONT]
[FONT color=#737373]i would Love to see them trying to stop the discrimination or the rampant racism in recent days.. homophobia is also high on there lists of seemingly allowed subjects... Anti Muslim threads anti Christian threads are gaining in popularity on D.V by the hour it seems and yet Pro-Christian threads are soon shut down by the trolls or even out right deleted...  [/FONT]

[FONT color=#737373][FONT color=#000000]You need to take the time to actually read these posts and view the dialogue.  There are a lot of posters who challenge crap like you are talking about.  Fact is, a lot of the issues discussed on DV stem from current events.  Dialogue around them is bound to happen.   And pro-christian threads?  Christians are ragged on constantly. [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT color=#737373]DV Is a cesspit a free for all...  [/FONT]

[FONT color=#737373][FONT color=#000000]No, DDV was a cesspit free for all.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT color=#737373]I think I will continue to post here on Discover Seattle where it is moderated fairly, where I can say I love Philippine girls I can say I like Chinese girls  or that  Korean girls are sexy. here it is safe to  Cambodian girls are all that and that Thai girls rock...
[/FONT]
Yeah, where you can talk to a handful of people who want to live in a stifled utopia?  You are free to post where ever you like.  It's really no skin off my nose but all I am hearing is you taking issue with freedom of speech.

[FONT color=#737373]marty There is freedom and then there is freedom within limits... i do not mind social commentary good and safe discourse but then there is discrimination and hatred that is disguised, you can call it what you want. but hatred is still hatred, no matter how you try to nice it up... [/FONT]

Obviously you do mind social commentary.  You seem way too sensitive to racial issues and I suspect you are just another white guy on some moral crusade to rid the world of discrimination that you don't even understand and can't identify.  Carry on brother!  

Orik

Sighs I posted a a good response but timed out Logged back in and it is gone =(

tried the back button but the windo is blank it did not save it...

Needless to say what i posted here is what i posted at DV..

Marty i will take more time to look in more of those threads... I may have missed some things but i have seen more than plenty

back in june and early july there was a series of disgusting photos posted i created a thread and a few posts on how to block those images with a add-on for Firefox and Internet explorer.. The mods did get around to deleting those photos ...Hours later... There are times I think some things happen on DV just for the Contention it draws ( is that the word i am looking for) ??

back in the Day DV was pretty wild but it was also pretty fair.. times change posters change.. sadly DV seems to be the worse off these days..

Marty we may not see eye to eye but I respect what you have to say. You say it in a well though out manner and that impresses me to no end.. even if what you say irks me something fierce..

Marty For DV Mod..

Marty

[FONT color=#737373]Orik wrote:
Sighs I posted a a good response but timed out Logged back in and it is gone =(

tried the back button but the windo is blank it did not save it...[/FONT]

[FONT color=#000000]I hate it when that happens!  For the long posts, I have resorted to typing them in a word processing program and pasting them over. [/FONT]

[FONT color=#8b8b8b]Needless to say what i posted here is what i posted at DV..

Marty i will take more time to look in more of those threads... I may have missed some things but i have seen more than plenty

back in june and early july there was a series of disgusting photos posted i created a thread and a few posts on how to block those images with a add-on for Firefox and Internet explorer.. The mods did get around to deleting those photos ...Hours later... There are times I think some things happen on DV just for the Contention it draws ( is that the word i am looking for) ??
[/FONT]
I remember the thread.  I don't know if you noticed or not, but right after the forum crashed, that gaping a**hole pic spammer registered all the mod's login names and spammed the crap out of the board using them.  I suspect it took a while for all the moderators to come back to DV and reclaim their accounts and moderator status.  A lack of moderation would explain the pics being up for as long as they were.  Again, I am speculating but it makes sense so I am sticking with it.

I think in terms of debate, the controversy created is a good thing.  Having been a moderator of sorts on other platforms and venues, no BOFH in their right mind would bring that kind of heat.  It's bad for business.

[FONT color=#737373]back in the Day DV was pretty wild but it was also pretty fair.. times change posters change.. sadly DV seems to be the worse off these days.. [/FONT]

[FONT color=#737373][FONT color=#000000]Like I said in previous posts, I have been on DV for many years and I don't see it as being any better or any worse.  It's just different.  I like that if a poster asks a serious question or for real advice, there are a heap of posters who jump in and answer with quality information.  That more than anything makes me think the spirit of DV is alive and well.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT color=#737373]Marty we may not see eye to eye but I respect what you have to say. You say it in a well though out manner and that impresses me to no end.. even if what you say irks me something fierce..

Marty For DV Mod..

[FONT color=#000000]I appreciate that Orik.  And please don't wish DV moderation on me.  I might be forced to hunt you down and gag you with a Fortran manual.[/FONT][/FONT]