Racists Reappear on DV

Started by Vancity, Jul 09 10 09:17

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

Everyone finds their niche.  There's room for them all.  Something for everyone.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Blue Neener

DV is just lost right now with no since of direction and a few bad apples mouthing off, it needs some kind of leadership or as I learned in Mod school the threads need a champion to keep them going and on the right track, If it's a good thread though it will champion itself.

It's funny that most the complainers here post on DV from time to time, if it's so bad why go back, they don't need people like that anyhow.

DDD

Blue Neener wrote:
DV is just lost right now with no since of direction and a few bad apples mouthing off, it needs some kind of leadership or as I learned in Mod school the threads need a champion to keep them going and on the right track, If it's a good thread though it will champion itself.

It's funny that most the complainers here post on DV from time to time, if it's so bad why go back, they don't need people like that anyhow.

If I was a Mod there the scum would be gone

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

P.C.

Every forum gets hit with it from time to time, and what I learned in Mod school is, it's not always as easy to deal with as those who haven't been to Mod school think it is. [img border=0 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif"]

DDD

P.C. wrote:

Every forum gets hit with it from time to time, and what I learned in Mod school is, it's not always as easy to deal with as those who haven't been to Mod school think it is. [img border=0 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif"]
   what I learned at Mod school

Ctrl, Alt, Delete

Bob

Yeah and that got you booted as mod at DATW.  

DDD

Bob wrote:
Yeah and that got you booted as mod at DATW.  
     No what got me booted was calling scum what it is and thats why............place is sure rocking now.....NOT.......LOL.......

Blue Neener

P.C. wrote:
[em]DV is just lost right now with no since of direction and a few bad apples mouthing off, it needs some kind of leadership or as I learned in Mod school the threads need a champion to keep them going and on the right track, If it's a good thread though it will champion itself.[/em]

Every forum gets hit with it from time to time, and what I learned in Mod school is, it's not always as easy to deal with as those who haven't been to Mod school think it is.

It's not easy in any way, you have to use your best judgment without personal feelings for one and try to balance what is good for the forum as well.
DV and a lot is about traffic and if you want it you judgment has to be perfect. Booting someone you or someone don't like can be bad as well as keeping them.
I think the Mods on DV made that mistake with M in the past and the people being nasty towards her. They might not should have booted them all out but they needed to put a leash on them all.
Also just banning people isn't good unless they purposely cause damage, and continue after warnings. Being a Mod is hard your damned if you do or not.
Ban  everyone you don't like you'll end up with a pretty dull forum.

I hated the job where I worked even if not quite like this, I was with people face to face and on computers.

Cuckoo

M is insane.  She was back for a while.  Left again on her own accord.  No loss.

Neener Head Blue

Cuckoo wrote:
M is insane.  She was back for a while.  Left again on her own accord.  No loss.
Yeah she has issues but people shouldn't mess with "Insane" people, and make them worse. That's my opinion and morals anyway on the subject. If you got to talk to her when not all worked up she was pretty smart and nice. I think she has some major trust and expectation issues that got worked up by a few people, and likely men in general.  She did cause a lot of her pain and issues in that mess by nagging it on with the Troll Brigade.  You don't curse and fight people and not expect it back from them, especially on the internet.
Then she thought I was stalking her and the Owner of DV, and I should have stopped it all It's not me, I wouldn't have let it gone on like it did ratings, hits, money, or anything else.

P.C.

What can you do.  

My guess is that people wouldn't say 90% of the stuff they say on forums, to anybody's face.  

Say it

I have said a lot worse to people's faces than the crap I say on forums.  I may say it with a wink and a smile, but I'd say anything I've posted to anyone's face. Problem is, most people wouldn't say half the stupid shit they say to my face so I wouldn't need to call em morons to theirs.

M can't control herself and really should find better things to do than get all worked up over a forum.  Like work out a meds schedule with her doctor.  

Neener

Nothing you can do really but deal with keeping the peace as a mod or admin not letting it go to far what ever that point is. Some times asking and talking to them does nothing but further provokes them. They need a special Forum I guess to play in.
LOL Maybe with padded walls and sound proofing so others can sleep  no good answer for some people.

Yeah Say it, M should find something better to do than playing with the people that get her upset, it just gets her worked up unless she really enjoys it.
I have thought that from some of the fights she provoked.

Smelly

M sounds just like cc la femme on dv

Makes Sense

M is usually coherent which is a lot more than you can say for cc.

|