Yee-Ha! 2nd Annual Khmer-American BBQ Today!

Started by TehBorken, Jun 13 10 09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[div style="text-align: center;"][font style="font-weight: bold;" size="6"]2nd Annual Khmer-American BBQ Today![/font]
[/div][div style="text-align: center;"]   [img style="width: 134px; height: 90px;" src="../image/cambodian-flag.jpg"][img style="width: 128px; height: 89px;" src="../image/american-flag.gif"]
[font style="font-weight: bold;" size="4"]Feel free to join us on [span style="text-decoration: underline;"]Mercer Island[/span] starting at 12:00 noon for the
[font style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);" size="5"]2nd Annual Khmer-American BBQ Party! [/font][/font]

[font style="font-weight: bold;" size="4"]Hamburgers, hot dogs, ice cream, potato chips, Otter-Pops, home-made potato salad, rib-eye steaks, pop, beer, lemonade (including Mike's!), 4 kinds of salads, deviled eggs, jumbo spicy shrimp, pretzels, potato blasters, and lots more other kinds of food than I can remember. [/font]

[font style="font-weight: bold;" size="4"]Burger Flippin' Contest, lawn croquet, Pin-the-tail On The Khmer Ladies, Who-Slapped-Me, Lawn Darts, High Speed Burger-Inhalation, Group Pics, and Many Other Annoying Amusements![/font]

[img style="width: 236px; height: 157px;" src="http://discoverseattle.net/image/cambodian-flag.jpg"][img style="width: 225px; height: 157px;" src="http://discoverseattle.net/image/american-flag.gif"][/div]  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Orik

Let me Guess TehBorken this the the time of your second  anniversary... I think it is so...May I congratulate you and your wife, on 2 good years together and may  you both have 100 more. Even if it is not your anniversary, which I am fairly sure is about this time of the year...  

I say Peace and blessings to you.

I Wish I was in the  neighbourhood to partake in the festivities not to mention be of great help in devouring all that delicious foods... yummy there is nothing this fat man doesn't love more than a good cookout  & barbecue bash... but no one needs a frog at a  good ceremony like that, I would probably trip and land face down in the dip, knowing my luck. Thus it would end up ruining your nice little party...

Have a blessed day and fantastic week.  
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

TehBorken

Orik wrote:
Let me Guess TehBorken this the the time of your second  anniversary... I think it is so...

It was close, but actually the Khmer-American BBQ is unrelated to our anniversary...it happened to fall near the date this year but wasn't planned that way. We were just waiting for the &#$@! rain to stop, lol. But yes, our 2nd anniversary is almost here.

May I congratulate you and your wife, on 2 good years together and may  you both have 100 more. Even if it is not your anniversary, which I am fairly sure is about this time of the year...

Thank  you for your kind words and good wishes!

Orik

Your welcome. Just when is that anniversary date then ?

While we are about it, perhaps you can tell those of us Canucks who don't know what it is about, explain the meaning behind the Khmer American picnic.  
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

DDD

Orik wrote:

While we are about it, perhaps you can tell those of us Canucks who don't know what it is about, explain the meaning behind the Khmer American picnic.  
       Yes do tell????
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

TehBorken

Orik wrote:

I'll just say it's soon.

There's no real meaning to it; it's just a way for a few of us KA couples to get together and enjoy each other's company, and the fruits of our labors, so to speak. Getting a spouse here from Cambodia is a bit of a job, and now that several of us have successfully done it we thought it would be nice to join  together in a little "micro-community", as it were. There are only a few of us so far (about 4 couples) but there are two more on the way. One fellow's wife will be here in a month or so, another one is due to arrive a month or two after that.

The ladies all laugh and chat away in Khmer and the guys all tell war-stories about their trips, trials, and tribulations. As couples, we're all very happy with the way things have worked out, and we're also about the happiest couples we know of. Several of us have significant events that occurred right around the time of the picnic (spouse arriving in America, getting married, passing the crucial DHS interview, etc) and so it's kind of a celebration of "running the gauntlet" and winning. Not a lot of folks can really understand what it took (takes) to get to where we are now, so there's a bit of shared experience in the lengths we've all gone to and what we've been through.

The weather was fantastic and everything went perfectly. This year we were out on Mercer Island at Luther Burbank park, a gorgeous spot overlooking the water. Everyone brought tons of stuff to eat and there were a bunch of games to play. The ladies all looked *stunning*. Cambodian women are so lovely, not that I'm biased, lol.  Many many many MANY pictures were taken, lol.

We had our 4 couples, plus the 2 guys whose wives are due shortly, and about 10 other honorary guests. I also invited our immigration attorney, and he brought his wife along (she's from Romania, I think). They were only supposed to be there for a few minutes but he kept telling his wife, "This is fun, lets stay...", and so they did.

So, our little community is growing. Some of us are planning to retire to Cambodia within the next few years (some sooner, some later) and there was a lot of talk about that as well. No doubt we'll have an annual party when we're all finally there in Cambodia, too.

So that's about it, just a celebration of life and a recognition of how fortunate we are.

One Fat Frog

Sounds good TehBork, I am happy you have such fun. may the blessings continue...  

DDD

Some of us are planning to retire to Cambodia within the next few years (some sooner, some later) and there was a lot of talk about that as well. No doubt we'll have an annual party when we're all finally there in Cambodia, too.

[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal]Is it safe to live over there if you are not married to a loc[?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /][st1:PersonName w:st="on"]al[/st1:PersonName]? This is where they killed off hundred of thousands of people just because they where educated individu[st1:PersonName w:st="on"]al[/st1:PersonName]s.

[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal][?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /][o:p] [/o:p]

[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal]I would imagine that the cost of living over there would be cheap but as you get to retirement age he[st1:PersonName w:st="on"]al[/st1:PersonName]th care would be an issue. What is the medic[st1:PersonName w:st="on"]al[/st1:PersonName] system like?

[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal][o:p] [/o:p]

[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal]I do not know if I could do a move like that as I would be leaving behind [st1:PersonName w:st="on"]al[/st1:PersonName]l my friends and family.

DDD

Sound like a great time was had by all...........

DDD

Was just looking through some of your trip stuff.......LOL at the Hello Kitty for Run and his Wife...........some nice pics....I would like to go and look around there oneday too