When we were young

Started by Gopher, Jun 03 10 07:45

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Natasha

purelife wrote:
 Agreed, Natasha! :)  

I won't be making that mistake with my lil guy.

My mom got me clothes that weren't considered fashionable to my classmates.  No wonder I got picked on in grade 7 when I changed schools. :(

I try not to make that mistake with my own.

Sorry to hear you were picked on  :(  Honestly kids can be some of the cruelest creatures out there. You're not alone though. I was picked on tons when I was younger.  

purelife

Thank goodness the getting picked on at school stopped at a certain age.  My classmates can be so mean. :(  Sorry to hear that you were picked on too.  I'm glad those days are long behind us.

Natasha

Agreed.

I tend to be more sensitive towards others who are avoided. They're usually the ones I befriend first. So something good did come out of my torture. Plus I have family members who are challenged. They helped teach me what to really look for in humanity.

Gopher

I still do that, I immediately respond to someone who is shy or simply looks vulnerable....someone who isn't afraid to show their weaknesses (it takes REAL strength to do that).  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Natasha

^ you and I would make perfect friends  :)  

It also takes real strength to reach out to others when no one else will. The fact that you do, speaks highly of your character.

Gopher

And yours![img border=0 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/cliparts/Other/2.gif"]

Natasha

Gopher

No need to thank me, just be you.

|