Where to live in BC

Started by DDD, May 31 10 04:26

Previous topic - Next topic

DDD

would like to get out of the lower main land but where to............do not want to be out in the bush..........would be nicer in a warmmer area too........
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Itsy Bitsy

Oakanagan and Victoria would be the only well populated places warmer than the lower mainland. Lots of nice ares in the oakanagan... depending on what you want nearby.

DDD

The Island is nice but having to take those expensive boat trips suck

DDD

Oakanagan is more likely just not sure where

P.C.

Okanagan is too hot for me.  I could do with a little less rain, but too much heat is an ambition killer.  Plus, it ain't cheap either.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

NSgirl

go for vancouver island.I like the island,if I had my way we would move over there,but my husbands business is here and he has no desire to go over.  

DDD

I love the Island too but you are trapped there and people do not just swing by to see you

Itsy Bitsy

Yeah I have this odd feeling like the island is really secluded compared to bc's interior.

P.C.

Strange.  I've never felt trapped here.  I was born and raised in Vancouver and when I came here, I sure didn't want anything to do with it.  Now, you couldn't pay me to move back.  

Orik

If I could find a job and a decent little suite I would chose the Sunshine Coast & I could easily live  there for the rest of my natural born life, it is just so beautiful over  there, with some of the best fishing spots around.  
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

P.C.

I think so too Orik.  One of my favourite places.[img border=0 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/14.gif"]

DDD

yuppers great place...............

Itsy Bitsy

I would like to move to a small town in a few years and I'm debating between the island, the okanagan and the kootaneys. I'd like a place with a small town community feel, a couple hours drive away from a small city w/ airport, plenty of outdoor recreational activities, not too shabby weather, and most importantly affordable housing. I don't care about cost of general merchandise, just cost of housing. I have a spread sheet listing all the municipalities in BC (so small communties, villiages, non-incorporated towns, etc. get left off). I've got a check list of different things that I want on this spreadsheet so I can figure out which place is best for me. But I'm having a hell of a time getting a recent average house price comparision. I find charts that compare canadian cities, but that leaves off all the small towns I'm looking to live in. It only lets me know about Vancouver, Victoria, Kamloops, Kelowna and maybe a few others. There are well over a hundred towns on my list, but I have no idea what the housing cost is for them. :(  

DDD

You make up the spread sheet or find it on line cause sounds like something I would like to have too

P.C.

Itsy Bitsy, a good bit of research might be to check the online MLS.  Best way to start, is put in the maximum you want to spend and it will bring up nothing over that amount.  It should give you some idea what's available at what costs.  (that's if you're thinking of buying)  But if not, I think there is an option to look at rentals, but I'm not positive about that.  You could maybe pull up some community newspapers and check the classifieds too.

You can go one step further and check out the places that appeal to you by doing Google street map, so you can get a way better idea of the look of the neighbourhood.  Because the pictures of the houses alone, only tell part of the story.