Lamest Phishing Email Evar

Started by TehBorken, May 29 10 06:47

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

This is so pathetic, I almost feel sorry for the inept losers who sent this out. Seriously, a letter from "|"_Pay`Pal_"|? And they didn't even hide the fact that the URL doesn't go to PayPal? (It goes to the site of the "New Life International" church that's been hacked and is being used by them to run their phishing scam.)

Extremely shoddy work, lads, most disappointing.

[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"][pre wrap=""]Dear Customer,

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

You have been chosen by |"[span class="txt-underscore"][span class="txt-tag"]_[/span]Pay`Pal[span class="txt-tag"]_[/span][/span]"| Online department to take part in our quick and easy 5 question survey.
In return we will credit $100 to your account - Just for your time!

Helping us better understand how our customers feel benefits everyone.
With the information collected we can decide to direct a number of changes to improve and expand our online service.
The information you provide us is all non-sensitive and anonymous - No part of it is handed down to any third party groups.
It will be stored in our secure database for maximum of 3 days while we process the results of this nationwide survey.

We kindly ask you to spare two minutes of your time in taking part with this unique offer!

To Continue click on the link below:

http://www.newlifechurchinternational.xxx/stats/update-au/index.php [span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"](link disabled - tb)[/span]

© Copyright © 1999-2010 |"[span class="txt-underscore"][span class="txt-tag"]_[/span]Pay`Pal[span class="txt-tag"]_[/span][/span]"|. All rights reserved
[/pre][hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"][pre wrap=""]
[/pre]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Orik

[div style="text-align: left; font-family: Arial Narrow; color: rgb(45, 45, 45);" id="warning-box"]Oops, I accidentally clicked the link..

Shaw seems to be on the ball though  

Harmful website blocked
http://www.newlifechurchinternational.com/stats..

We recommend that you do not enter this web site.

TehBork

You should see some of the pathetic ones I get. Some guy, if I remember rightly, it was sent from a guy calling himself, Mr. Kinkaid wanted to contact me about becoming the beneficiary about a guy who died with a similar name to mine... fahc do people still fall for such idiocy
[/div]
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Neener

My WOT add-on has it as a Spam site and SpamCop does also.
I get that garbage all the time in my yahoo account, I always wonder how they got my Address but all it takes is one site to spread it around.
Time for a new Address I guess.