Started by TehBorken, Mar 29 06 06:44

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

I've turned on an option that automatically downloads and resizes the avatar image if it's too big (more than 65x65). I haven't tested it, but give it a try and let me know how it works. (If you have an avatar already you may want to try loading or selecting it again to 'force' the resizing.)  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

Good morning TehBorken.....First thing I noticed....the drop down for checking messages has a full size avatar.  Cool.

....but in the private messages, you get a verticle partial 'slice' of the avatar.  

Always usy busy busy TehBorken  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/nahrung/h015.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]....but in the private messages, you get a verticle partial 'slice' of the avatar.  [/div]
 I'm not sure, but I think if you wipe out your avatar and then reload it, it should get resized. I think.

But I must say, I like yours full-sized better...very ummm alluring!

P.C.

Meow ?  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g038.gif" border=0]

So do I have to go back to the source to reload picture ?  Now that it's so clear, perhaps I'll find a cat woman with more clothes on.....LOL

CK

Yeah umm, don't change a thing P.C.!!

TehBorken, I tried to re link my avator and it automatically went to the upload my own photo option? Does the animated gif have to be 65x65? When it resizes it, there is no more animation?

TehBorken

CK wrote:  TehBorken, I tried to re link my avator and it automatically went to the upload my own photo option? Does the animated gif have to be 65x65? When it resizes it, there is no more animation?

The short answer is, I don't know. I guess we'll have to pay around with it and see. If it knocks out the animation then I'll revert it back to the way it was.

CK

that's cool. I will try again later.

TehBorken

Oh god, I'm in lust with an avatar! Oh the shame.

Trollio

CK wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Yeah umm, don't change a thing P.C.!![/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"]TehBorken, I tried to re link my avator and it automatically went to the upload my own photo option? Does the animated gif have to be 65x65? When it resizes it, there is no more animation?[/div]

Resizing does not affect the animation on a GIF. But if the upload somehow converted the gif to another image format, that would kill it.

BTW Teh, I'm not seeing a resize... I initially sized my avatar at 80 x 80, and so far my eyes don't see a change. Interesting that P.C.'s image scrolls horizontally but is not cropped vertically by the resize?

one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

Trollio

CK... have a look at your image. The upload did indeed convert it into a PNG. Try hosting it elsewhere, or perhaps the mighty Teh can change the settings to not make that conversion. (if that's possible with SMF)  
— bebu

P.C.

I just reloaded  mine, and it stayed the same.  Perhaps I should have deleted it altogether first ?  and THEN reload it ???  

Trollio

Trollio wrote:
  BTW Teh, I'm not seeing a resize...

I retract! It's resizing now.

— bebu

CK

Trollio wrote:
CK... have a look at your image. The upload did indeed convert it into a PNG. Try hosting it elsewhere, or perhaps the mighty Teh can change the settings to not make that conversion. (if that's possible with SMF)

Yeah, that is why I am confused? It linked fine from the same image hosting place as what I had before. No probs before? When I tried it again, the profile changing options wouldn't let me link it, it automatically went to the "upload my own photo" option and changed it to a png? I could try another image hosting site. I will try it later on after TehBorken plays a bit.

TehBorken

CK wrote:[em style="font-style: italic;"]
[/em]it automatically went to the "upload my own photo" option and changed it to a png? I could try another image hosting site.  

My bad- I've turned off the 'convert to PNG" option. Try it again and let me know what happens.

CK

Hmm, tried it again, still didn't work..tried it also with another animated gif, still didn't work. Its probably something dumb I am doing, not you.