is dV server down?

Started by DV er, May 05 10 10:04

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Marty

You pay for service that never goes down and backup for when it does.  I live in a world where I cannot be without a connection and I pay for it accordingly.  That and the freedom to do what I want with that connection like host my own webserver :P

P.C.

Ohhh I see.  What do you do ?  (you don't have to say)  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Marty

I work for a web hosting company - systems and security.

P.C.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Marty

I spend all day managing air, talking to morons and cutting through the bullshit to keep the scum of the intenet off our networks.  Not the best job on earth but the pay is decent.

TehBorken

Marty wrote:
I pay more for my home internet connection a year than that.

Dude, no offense, but they're taking you to the cleaners. Unless you're living on the Moon, there's no reason to pay that much.

If you are paying that much for a dedicated server, you might want to consider changing hosting providers.  You are paying too much.

Not for what I'm getting. I shopped around, and this is a pretty fair price for what I get.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Marty

I have more than one connection and provider coming into my home.  I have to have connection redundancy.

I still think you can do better but hey, what do I know right?  ;)

TehBorken

You may be right, but I'm pretty satisfied with the current setup. Lotta bang for the buck, really.
Anyway, I'm outta here. There's a cute little Cambodian girl calling my name and I don't wanna make her wait, lol.

You all have a good evening...........

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

|