The homophobic Wesson Attendance Center School

Started by TehBorken, Apr 28 10 03:54

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Ceara Sturgis, a top student at Wesson Attendance Center in Mississipi,  has been purged from the yearbook. She attended the school for 12 years,  but she's also a lesbian, and so they made her an un-person.

Copiah County Superintendent Ricky  Clopton explained the school's homophobia: "We have had our legal counsel research the validity of the position of  the School District on this matter,"  Clopton said in a statement. Clopton went on to say that the decision "... is based upon sound educational policy and legal precedent."

("Sound educational policy" in Missouri apparently says that ostracizing students because they're different is "okay". I couldn't find the exact statute but I'm sure it's in there somewhere.)

Ceara's mother commented on the "un-personing" of her daughter:

"It's like she's nobody there, even though she's gone to school there  for 12 years," Rodriguez said. "They mentioned none of her accolades,  even though she's one of the smartest students there with wonderful  grades. They've got kids in the book that have been busted for drugs.  There's even a picture of one of the seniors who dropped out of school. I don't get it. Ceara is a top student. Why would they do this to her?"
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]
That's an easy one to answer: they did it because the Wesson Attendance Center is run by a bunch of[span style="text-decoration: underline;"][/span] [a href="http://www2.mde.k12.ms.us/1500/WAC/wac.htm"]homophobic morons[/a]. The kind of people that are so [a href="http://www2.mde.k12.ms.us/1500/WAC/wac.htm"]afraid of gay and lesbian people[/a] that they would excise them from the school yearbook and then claim that doing so is "based upon sound educational policy".  

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Orik

The Idiocy of some people makes me wonder sometimes, Just how we ever manged to survive with out destroying our entire species yet.  Well there is always tomorrow to succeed at that...

I hope some top notch legal scholars are willing to represent the lady for free and take them to court and sue them for everything the board is worth on her behalf... If I was wealthy and had the finances I would pay for the legal fee's to sue those idiotic members myself  
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

DDD

WTF............this is so wrong on so many levells
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Natasha

TehBorken wrote:
That's an easy one to answer: they did it because the Wesson Attendance Center is run by a bunch of[SPAN style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline"][/SPAN] [A href="http://www2.mde.k12.ms.us/1500/WAC/wac.htm"]homophobic morons[/A]. The kind of people that are so [A href="http://www2.mde.k12.ms.us/1500/WAC/wac.htm"]afraid of gay and lesbian people[/A] that they would excise them from the school yearbook and then claim that doing so is "based upon sound educational policy".  

That center should realize that education is more than what we learn in books. Homosexuality is apart of our world. That community is making it's way into main society and even influences many aspects of what we wear, see, hear and think. Considering what they tried to do is now news it's safe to say that karma got the best of them.  

Gopher

Why are they afraid and what are they afraid of?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

TehBorken

Gopher wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Why are they afraid and what are they afraid of?[/div]
1) Because they're ignorant, homophobic losers.

2) They're afraid of teh evil godless gay people OMG OMG It's a good bet that the teachers and administrators have probably never actually met or seen an actual gay person in their entire lives (well, not that they've known about, for obvious reasons).

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Natasha

That's a shame too. As far as we've come in this world there are people out there who have to life their lives in secrecy. Who a person shares their bed with is no one's business. Everyone deserves to live their life to fullest and  happiest extent possible.  

P.C.

I bet they think that excising her from the yearbook will put an end to homosexuality once and for all.

Such fools.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.