What where your first few jobs in life. personal history.

Started by Orik, Apr 22 10 07:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

Yes.  I met with one of the business partners who was there at the time.    
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Did they remember you right away ?

We still hang out with one of the sons of owner of the business that I walked away from a few years back.  lol

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Neeener

I sold candy at school when I was nine, and I cut grass. I made about $150 to $200 a month way back when, that was pretty good money in the 70s.  

Sportsdude

I like closing books too Lil Me. I went back to meet this teacher 6yrs after the fact because I felt bad about what happened. Still haven't done my trek to meet up with a few teachers from my high school's. One of them had cancer and died a few years ago. I emailed him a few times before he passed on.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

One of my previous employers died 12 years ago- I did a university internship with him.  I hadn't seen him since then.  I tried to get out to the funeral, which was out-of-town, but Heckyl had just been born, and I never made it there.  He was a very nice man- although he was an adult Charlie Brown.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

kathy

Uh, as I recall, you were fired from Microsoft or one of those big-name Seattle jobs because you sent out some vicious email. It's fun to re-write history and blame others, isn't it?  

P.C.

Are you talking to anyone in particular ?  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
Are you talking to anyone in particular ?  

"Kathy" was talking to me, and was just being a hag.  

Having a little trouble letting go, are we? Lol, your life must be going very well if you have the time to come here and leave bitter little comments like that. lolololol

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

DDD

kathy wrote:
 Uh, as I recall, you were fired from Microsoft or one of those big-name Seattle jobs because you sent out some vicious email. It's fun to re-write history and blame others, isn't it?  
 [P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal]Kathy please let go of the past you will be a better person for it. It is better to have loved and lived than to have loved and not lived on.

[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal][?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /][o:p] [/o:p]

[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal]Sincerely yours,

[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal]Chief,  DDD

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

TehBorken

DDD wrote:
 [p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]Kathy please let go of the past
[/p] [p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"][o:p] [/o:p][/p][p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"][o:p]Lol, yeah, like that'll happen. [/o:p]
 [/p]

DDD

TehBorken wrote:
DDD wrote:
 [P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal][SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]Kathy please let go of the past [/SPAN]

[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal][O:P][/O:P]

[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal][O:P]Lol, yeah, like that'll happen. [/O:P]

Yes it will the Chief has spoken...................Long live DDD
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

TehBorken

Oh, and just to clarify, I most certainly did send some vicious, hateful emails while at  Microsoft. But I didn't get fired for it.  I got fired once for shooting my .45 in the break room  (hey, that f*ckin' Coke machine deserved  it) and once for installing Linux on my manager's PC. He worked for 15  minutes straight without getting a blue screen of death, and that's  when he went, "Hey, what the......" lol  

kathy

Just reporting the truth as it was told to me... I had no reason to doubt it. Just checking up on you....  

angie

Oh, whatever... you are saying that one of your best friends is a liar. Ha ha ha!  

kathy

DDD wrote:
kathy wrote:

[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal]Kathy please let go of the past you will be a better person for it. It is better to have loved and lived than to have loved and not lived on.

[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal][?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /][o:p] [/o:p]

[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal]Sincerely yours,

[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal]Chief,  DDD

It's too much fun, since I am a night owl, and have time on my hands, to poke a chauvinist, latent axe murderer like tehborken.

|