Who R U & Where R U From

Started by Orik, Apr 21 10 01:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think DS should have little flags added to the IP section so we can see where other posters are from

Yes
3 (33.3%)
No
3 (33.3%)
undecided
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: Jul 20 10 01:36

Orik

Do you think DS should have little flags added. Similar to the ones in this photo. please note these photos are 300 % larger than the actually flags that would be on a persons profile or the ones that would appear on each post.

This way, we can show off where we are from & So we can see what other country's people are posting from. I suspect the majority of IP flags would be Canadian and US...

Who are you... Well My online handle is Orik
 Where do you come from... I am from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
 Where are you right now... I am in the living room.

Polling is broken, & until, that is fixed you shall just have to write in how you vote.

I vote yes.
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

TehBorken

TehBorken wrote:
 Orik wrote:
Polling is broken, & until, that is fixed you shall just have to write in how you vote.

Polling is now fixed.  I tell ya, one little semi-colon missing, and everything goes to hell.  Computers are like Gods of the Old Testament: Lots of rules and no mercy.

Anyway, I appreciate your potentially volunteering me for some additional code development, Orik- and here I was wondering what I'd be doing for the next few days...

With that said, sure it's possible to add some geolocation flags. If enough people want it I'll have a look and see what I can do.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Orik

Thank you TehBorken Cool on the polling Fix and Geo location would be pretty cool even if it's just my opinion.. I always like to know where folks are from...

what about adding a counter on the main page ? Perhaps one of those location ones that shows the amount of users per day, week, month or year & from what county's ? sorry to be volunteering things for you to do. You are probably a very busy man...

any one bugging you and sakha yet about a miniture version of the two of you...

interesting double post. and over 1 minute apart.. how does a double post like that happen...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

DDD

I think it is a great idea

Who are you... Well My online handle is DDD
Where do you come from... I am from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada - Live in New Westminster
Where are you right now... I do most of my posting at work

Male, 68, 6'-6" 285 lbs ............  [img border=0 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Teasing/11.gif"]  
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

purelife

Male, 68, 6'-6" 285 lbs ............  [img style="font-style: italic;" src="richedit/smileys/Teasing/11.gif[/img]

Female, 22, blonde, 5-7" 125lbs, 34DD...... .MEET???!!!!!  Are you rich????!!!!  

TehBorken

Orik wrote:
what about adding a counter on the main page ?

What about using the one that's already there?

Who's Online Page:
[a href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php?action=who"]http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php?action=who[/a]

Perhaps one of those location ones  that shows the amount of users per day, week, month or year & from  what county's ?

Again, why not use the Complete Stats page that's already there? The only thing this one doesn't do is geolocation, but it'll give you a lot of statistical stuff to look at:
Complete Stats:
[a href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php?action=stats"]http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php?action=stats[/a]

There is a "Location" field in your personal profile, perhaps I could do a simple mod that would display it and a flag under the avatar.

sorry to be volunteering things for you to do. You are probably a very busy man...

I'm usually working on several different things, but that doesn't mean I won't break away to add something new if people are interested.

Lil Me

Who are you... I am Lil Me.

Where do you come from... Born at VGH and raised in the GVRD.

Where are you right now... I live out in the sticks.  It's a comfortable life.  I miss the city once in a while.

I am female, 5'4", I'm a black belt in taekwondo, married to MrLM (he's sometimes around here), and mother to Heckyl and Jeckyl.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Orik

There is a "Location" field in  your personal profile, perhaps I could do a simple mod that would  display it and a flag under the avatar.

that would be awesome....... tehbork the stat pages I've checked they don't show the weekly hit count Geo location thingy.. That has me wickedly interested right now. Most of what I'm interested in these days is how many posters are actually on each forum per day.. here your stats r readily available..

other sites r not.. just my mind wandering on to areas it needn't go... asking to many questions and prying about.. seen it on some sites and thought it would be way cool on the forums to see who is visiting and from what country's

...okay okay i know the expressions i used just outed my age... lol now how about totally tubular dude... or thats oiff the hook. how about a little kumatay kumatay..

Orik

Lol purelife  nice description and if i had never met you and seen u in real I would agree.. I Think she is a bit more like a better looking version of [a href="http://images.askmen.com/galleries/actress/tia-carrere/pictures/tia-carrere-picture-1.jpg"]Tia-Carrere[/a] and thats a bit like purelife but purelife is more better looking ...

TehBorken

The location is now visible under the avatar (if you've filled it in). I'll look into images later today or tonight and see what can be done.

Orik

Way to go tehbork thats amazing and looks awesome.. and if you get images that would be stunningly brilliant.. your the man. man...

Russ

UH?

Test for blue thingy writing under me
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Orik

Hi Russ.

What it is, is the location of our profile showing up in our tags... If you did not fill in the location section of your profile the blue thingy will not show up...

DDD

purelife wrote:
[SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]Male, 68, 6'-6" 285 lbs ............  [/SPAN][img style="FONT-STYLE: italic" border=0 src="richedit/smileys/Teasing/11.gif"]

Female, 22, blonde, 5-7" 125lbs, 34DD...... .MEET???!!!!!  Are you rich????!!!!  

LOL........... OK male , 45, 6' 180 lbs and as for the other thing some say I am but what do you call rich?
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Natasha

Who are you... Natasha (it's my middle name)
Where do you come from... Texas (originally)
Where are you right now... bedroom.

DDD wrote:

what do you call rich?

Someone who is rich imo is someone who shows me their good nature, challenges my intelligence, makes me laugh and is a positive influence on my mood, my day and my life.