Great New Feature: "Pay to Pee"

Started by TehBorken, Apr 08 10 07:10

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

The world just keeps on getting dumber. Scratch Ryanair from the list of airlines I'll ever fly on.
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]
Fresh on the heels of one budget airline announcing that it will ask  passengers to pay extra to bring carry-on bags on board, another is  considering charging them for using the lavatory. Ryanair, which  is based in Dublin, Ireland, and bills itself as "Europe's first and  largest low fares airline," is mulling a plan that would require  travelers to pay either 1 euro or 1 British pound (about $1.33 or $1.52)  for using the bathroom on flights lasting one hour or less.[/p]Full story: [a href="http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/04/07/ryanair.lavatory.fee/?hpt=T2"]http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/04/07/ryanair.lavatory.fee/?hpt=T2[/a]
[/p]
[/p]
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gopher

One of the extra carry-on bags should be polythene, this will obviate the pay to pee clause.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

That's blackmail...or something.  Didn't there used to be pay toilets at one time, but they decided it violated the Right to Pee Act ?  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Little Fish

but it will only be on flights 60 minutes or less. I think I would choose not to fly that airline for obvious reasons. Think of all the accidents that might occur if people decide to wait, it is only an hour after all.... Well some passengers, they might not be able to hold it so well... I wonder if they thought of this problem... What if the passenger has got no change and in when in a emergency all that time spent digging for a dime or a quarter could be the difference between a fart and a brown stain of the shorts...

( just think what might be on those air liners seats and carpets after those types of accidents)

Yup I think I will opt to fly another airliner...

DDD

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Russ

I think the pay to pee is retarded but thats just me.

What about the airlines wanting to charge for carryon luggage now? They would reduce the base fares a bit.. but not enough to cover the cost of carryons.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/pointofview/2010/04/luggage-fees-would-you-pay-for-carry-on-airline-luggage-if-it-meant-a-lower-base-fare.html

Other than that.. Im actually for the charging for carryon luggage. I cant tell you enough how frustrated I get these days flying on airplanes, getting onboard after a long wait (I seem to be one of the few left who comprehende the concept of a line and waiting your turn), only to find all the overhead storage full. This is due to people bringing on two large carryons with another plastic bag for their duty free.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Little Fish

I don't fly often, But I must agree with Russ to many people abuse the free carry-on luggage policy's. A carry-on bag should be no larger than 24 inches long, 16 inches high and 16 inches wide. That is large enough for me to fit inside it

1 T-shirt 1 Pair of Socks & underpants, 1 Sweater, 1 pair of jogging pants and a deodorant stick. Then I can add a small sewing kit, a small first aid kit, a travelers toiletry kit. Plenty of room for a Bipap, Cpap Machine with humidifier (minus the oxygen tank airlines will provide one most of the times as long as it is medically necessary) a Nintendo game-boy plus a few games 2 sets of  batteries and a battery charger.

Lots of room for a double A travelers alarm clock. 1 all in one digital camera and a spare battery plus charger & room for memory cards, room for a crossword, word search or puzzle book and pens  and a portable CD player or Walkman lots of little pockets for a Ipod or Mp3 player & a cell phone Then there's some room for a comic book and a Dan Brown paperback novel.

a little room for a small mag-light one of the 2 AA variety's or 2 AAA variety's and a little room leftover for a 26 ounce bottle of vodka.or a bottle of water and a playboy magazine if you roll it around the bottle of water.

I can fit all that into one small portable carry-on bag. take's very little time to pack just takes time to  think it out and place it right. lots of little bags placed in a bigger bag, it only takes 10 minutes to pack. once you have it all set out,  it will fit through a X-ray machine. Just remember to take out your digital camera and any spare memory cards before you put it through the X-ray machine.

P.C.

I'm a light packer, so that when I get to where I'm going, I have no other choice but to buy myself some clothes.  

Last time I went away I left all my underwear at home.  I was obligated to go shop.  

Little Fish

I did that before, well thought I had done that before. I went camping with a group. I got to the campsite to find out I have forgot my underpants. Well I thought I had forgot them, what had actually happened was, that some one had stolen them. Now why someone would steal them, I will never know.

I must assume it was **** he was the only one large enough they would of fit. but I never confronted him on it. It might have also been ******** a slightly homeless fellow...

no sense causing a ruckus over 3 pairs of undershorts. It might not have even been some one out to steal all my underpants it may just have been a bad practical joke.  I know I packed them. I took 3 pairs. when I got home from my trip I checked my shorts drawer lo and behold it was missing 3 pairs this is how I knew they were actually stolen and not forgotten.

P.C.

I forget mine on purpose.  

DDD

P.C. wrote:
I forget mine on purpose. [img border=0 src="/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif"]  
       I thought that before i scrolled down and see you posted it.......

Now i gots to pee but have no cash..............................                                             [img border=0 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/cliparts/10.gif"]
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!