We're moving....err, I mean, we moved :)

Started by TehBorken, Mar 19 10 06:14

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Okay, if you're reading this then you're on the new server. [img style="font-weight: bold;" src="/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif[/img]
You probably won't notice any difference except the site might seem a little snappier. If ya notice a problem, see broken stuff, or find any sharp edges, please let me know.
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]

Just a quick note to let people know that we'll be moving the DS site to a shiny new server shortly, so you may experience a short period of downtime while the site is transferred.

You may also experience anxiety; blurred vision; constipation; decreased sexual desire or  ability; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; gas; increased  sweating; increased urination; loss of appetite; nausea; nervousness;  numbness or tingling of the skin; stomach upset; trouble concentrating;  trouble sleeping; weakness; and/or yawning, severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing;  tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue);  bizarre behavior; black or bloody stools; chest pain; confusion;  decreased concentration; decreased coordination; exaggerated reflexes;  fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or sore throat;  hallucinations; memory loss; new or worsening agitation, panic attacks,  aggressiveness, impulsiveness, irritability, hostility, exaggerated  feeling of well-being, restlessness, or inability to sit still;  persistent or severe ringing in the ears; persistent, painful erection;  red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; seizures; severe or persistent  anxiety or trouble sleeping; severe or persistent headache or  dizziness; significant weight loss; stomach pain; suicidal thoughts or  attempts; tremor; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual or severe mental  or mood changes; unusual weakness; vision changes; worsening of  depression. But probably not.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

TehBorken

Gopher wrote:
Thanks for letting us know.

It's all part of my *cough* World-Class Service, lol.

See how much shinier the new site is?

Orik

So far it looks good. no real noticeable difference to me, perhaps a millisecond slower on loading but that might be my PC and the connection, which does get a little wonky at times.. so it may have nothing to do with your shiny new server..

LMAO at your warnings.. wonders what happens if some one suddenly suffered from all those symptoms at once.. probably a early case of instant mortality..

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Orik

I do notice every single one of your adds is missing. it might be my new pop up and ad blocker add on for Firefox that I am using but for some reason I see no adds at all while some still sneak through in other sites... hmmm any one else notice that the adds are missing ?

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Gopher

Now you mention it, I can't see any adds either.

Gopher

And, of course, no sooner had I posted that comment than they all appeared!

P.C.

omg it's GORGEOUS in here.  Wow.  Love the new colour on the walls...it's makes it seem so much more spacious.  Nice job TehBorken.  

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TehBorken

Orik wrote:
So far it looks good. no real noticeable difference to me, perhaps a millisecond slower on loading but that might be my PC and the connection, which does get a little wonky at times.. so it may have nothing to do with your shiny new server..

It should actually be a fair bit faster...so it might be your connection.

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
 omg it's GORGEOUS in here.  Wow.  Love the new colour on the walls...it's makes it seem so much more spacious.  Nice job TehBorken.  

LOL!

I re-did the carpet too, and I might even put in a wet bar.

P.C.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Hey Teh Borken - Just wondering if you were planning to put back the "modify posts" option back?  I really liked that feature and miss it because I have caught myself typing out real names and luckily I profread.    

Orik

If they be virgins drinks i will be all over that wet bar =D  Anything with out alcohol is just fine by me. a fuzzy navel with no lint please =) basically a pineapple juice and peach schnapps with no schnapps..  

I  still see 0 adds sorry teh borken.  I do not see any adds on on any of the other sites either. it has got to be the new pop up and add blocker add on that I got for Firefox,  I am using Ad Block Plus and I must say it is working very nicely  many sites load so much faster with no more annoying adds to startle me silly from some loud voice out of no where. thought teh borks Pig made me jump twice today.. lol

Orik

Ohh that is a great point purelife, accidents have been known to happen, I know, I try not to use real names, even on private messages I rather not to... but some times it is easy to forget, a 15 minute time window, could really help for correction of spelling mistakes and or other accidents that can be made in making a post. I do not think anyone is going to do another Michel and I know, I have no plans to censor any more of my own works.

What say you teh borken can you implement the editing of our own works once more even if we have to settle for only a timed window structure for base for editing of our own posts ? it would be nice to have that feature back..

Sportsdude

I've almost typed real names as well, but on the other hand, not having an edit button has greatly reduced my OCD where I would re-edit a post for comma errors or forget to say 'the' in a sentence (my brain thinks to fast).  Now, like this post, I just take five minutes to reply.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."