MPAA and RIAA submit their insane master plan for enforcing copyright

Started by TehBorken, Apr 15 10 12:50

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Are these people out of their f*cking minds???
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]
The MPAA and RIAA have submitted their master plan for enforcing  copyright to the new Office of Intellectual Property Enforcement. As the  Electronic Frontier Foundation's Richard Esguerra points out, it's a  startlingly distopian work of science fiction. The entertainment  industry calls for:  [ul][li] spyware on your computer that detects and deletes infringing  materials; [/li][li] mandatory censorware on all Internet connections to  interdict transfers of infringing material; [/li][li] border searches  of personal media players, laptops and thumb-drives; [/li][li]  international bullying to force other countries to implement the same  policies; [/li][li] and free copyright enforcement provided by Fed cops  and agencies (including the Department of Homeland Security!). [/li][/ul]  There's a technical term for this in policy circles. I believe it's  "Totally insane."    [blockquote]      [em]There are several technologies and methods that can be used by  network administrators and providers...these include [consumer] tools  for managing copyright infringement from the home (based on tools used  to protect consumers from viruses and malware).[/em]  In other words, the entertainment industry thinks consumers should  voluntarily install software that constantly scans our computers and  identifies (and perhaps deletes) files found to be "infringing." It's  hard to believe the industry thinks savvy, security-conscious consumers  would voluntarily do so. But those who remember the Sony BMG rootkit  debacle know that the entertainment industry is all too willing to  sacrifice consumers at the altar of copyright enforcement.   [/p][/blockquote]    [a href="http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2010/04/entertainment-industrys-dystopia-future"]    The Entertainment Industry's Dystopia of the Future[/a]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

That did it.

I'm going to start gathering victims for a class action suit against the entertainment industry for ALL the blasted albums I bought with only 1 or 2 good songs on them....for years and years and years.  I want my money back !!!!!

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Orik

Wow thanks for this info... idiocy of some people and yeah I remember Sony's debacle. ... Sign me up PC I think I have spent the better part of over 50,000.00  dollars over the years buying a LP album, A tape or a CD just to get 2 -  4 good songs per album.

I recently started buying my music just 1 song at a time off I-Tunes,  until Nicklebacks Dark Horse CD. I actually bought the whole album. It  cost me 8 dollars off I-tunes with a discount coupon from redflag deals.  A total bargain, but thats only cause every single song on it is  phenomenal, however, I am a large Nickleback fan so am a little biased  about that...

Now lets travel back in time to1983 when I bought my first LP

Ozzy's tape bark at the moon (83) that album must of driven my Mum  insane because that album was great, I listened to it time and time and  time again. I sang it word for word riding a skate board to and from  school with a big ole new york style 6 D battery Ghetto blaster.

If I  was lucky I got 18 hr's of tape play and 5-8 days of radio listening  time  on it. Thank God for the Walkman's release a couple of years later but I  digress back to music.

Lets  not forget Ozzy's lesser known album from 88 no rest for the wicked, and  a rather good album from 86 entitled the ultimate sin. to me these were  worth the 15 dollar to 20 dollars paid for each one. but again I bought  those albums for 2 maybe 3 songs per album, and the truth is thousand  upon hundreds of thousands of people the world over bought those albums  for the same reason you had top buy the whole thing to buy just the few  songs you liked.

Now not all of my friends agreed those albums were good, they were not  large Ozzy fans like myself, they liked bands like the cure, the cult,  depechmode with the exception of Motely Crue's Dr Feel Good album I was  not to much of a fan of those other bands. I mean it was all right but  it was not worth the 20 dollars they wanted from us to buy it at that  time.

It was no where near as good as Megadeth's album peace sells but who's  buying or the best album of there's titled killing is my business and  business is good. again those albums sold for over 15 dollars each and  were bought for only 2 or 3 songs on each one.

Lets call it 25 albums per year & at almost 15 to 20 dollars each   that adds up multiply that by lets say 25 years. At approximately 2000  dollars per year in albums bought that = 50 thousand dollars oper 25  years OMG talk about being robbed.

Divided by the songs that were actually being bought to be listened to  in just a one year period. Lets say 4 songs per album,  lets call it 90  songs total per year that works out to be 22 dollars per song

At least today I now have the option to buy just 1 song from a album. at  the low cost of 25 cents to the high cost of 2 dollars per song.  If I  could have a refund for all the extra money i spent on fluff and garbage  it would be nice.

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.