Thoughts on our Opening Ceremony ?

Started by P.C., Feb 12 10 10:31

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

As a non-gung-ho Olympic supporter....I thought it was pretty well done. (except for the murder of our anthem)

What did you think ?

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I can't comment until the olympics are over.
But, we're depressed.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Orik

From what i saw and listened to it was pretty good. butchering the Canadian anthem aside. Don't blame the singer she is just singing what she was told to according to the news 3 hours ago...
had to laugh out loud at the failure of the hydrolic lifts the torch bearers looked a  little bored and worried when things took a little to long to start working.  

a little miffed had I known it would of been repeated I would not of woken up so bleeding early to watch it. im right bagged today i failed to get back to sleep after waking up so early. and i have my first night shift tonight or is tomorrow night. I can never get it straight what they mean on these schedules.  gads who ever heard of a 2 am to 10 am shifts anyways. sheesh... just a couple more hours and i can crawl in to bed to sleep...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

P.C.

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]I can't comment until the olympics are over. [/span][br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]But, we're depressed.[/span]

Who are 'we' and what's to be depressed about ?  

Sportsdude

we meaning- people who worked on this thing for months to have it fail in the end
and the athletes who weren't all that excited to be there with the death of the luger. The majority of the night it felt as if the air was out of the room at least from my perspective and talking to athletes. Nobody was in 'awe' to use that cliche. lol

Or maybe it was just lack of sleep. I slept 10.5hrs.  lol

P.C.

Well...I guess it all depends on if you could call it a fail because of a single malfunction.  Disappointing yes....but a long ways from a fail.  People focus way too much on the negative....total disregard for all that went well.  Now THAT'S sad.  

Sportsdude

Well some people with way more expertise than me commented on how bad it looked professionally on television. But, yeah honestly its not good when you go into something going 'i hope nothing goes wrong'. Negatives attract, while someone else was like 'holy cow that was %*# awesome' a few minutes later.

P.C.

Maybe so SD, but maybe too, they are the type who prefer to focus on the negative.  And let's remember, it wasn't a performance that was meant to be under the microscope of professionals.  It was for the people...and from what I could tell, there were plenty who enjoyed it for what it was.  And I admire their spirit and envy their choice  to turn a blind eye to minute flaws or imperfection, and to just have a good time.

I regret that I criticized the anthem.  I didn't like it, but it would have been best kept to myself....because it makes me guilty of the very thing that is ticking me off.....focusing on the negative.  

Sportsdude

Yeah, positives attract positives and negatives attract negatives.