If

Started by Gopher, Sep 28 09 11:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Interesting question because hindsight is 20/20!

I would have gone directly onto the accounting/MBA track.  That was the field I originally got the bulk of my uni scholarship money in, but I chose the applied sciences field...which didn't go so well.

And now, 20 years later,  I work in accounting and manage my own business on the side.  *sighs*

I do have fleeting throughts of going to law school one day.

If I ever studied for the pure JOY of it, it would be social sciences.  Econ, sociology and anthro.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

If you were to live in a movie/tv setting, surrounded by those characters, which show would it be?
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Oh Lil Me that is a tough one!

Hmm depends on the mood, as I tend to like period pieces. But, if you want a film where I'd like to live in, it would have the french film [a href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0283900/"]L'auberge espagnole[/a] (2002)(they made sequels). Basically, it's european university twentysomethings from all over Europe coming together through the Eramus program (think student exchange), in Barcelona. You've got Germans, Brits, French, Spanish, Danish, Belgian and so on in one apartment.

If you could describe yourself through one film or television charcter, who would it be?  

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Orik

I guess it would be Oliver Hardy, from movie and stage show, he was the fat man of laurel and hardy fame..

If you were to die this year, what would your legacy be.

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Gopher

Same as before

If you were to name your major regret in life, what would it be?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

I have many regrets.. but at the same time Im not sure I would change anything. they have brought me to this point of my life.. and shaped me to what I am now

If you were to get a car you always wanted when you were a kid.. what would it be and why?

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

Oooh.  Good question!  Too many to choose from.  Either the orange charger with the 01 on the side and the car horn that plays Dixie (yes, I'm a classy woman!) or a 911 Carrera-- blue/black colour.

If you could give up one bad habit, what would it be?

Sportsdude

Being OCD.

If you could chose another city to live in, where would it be?

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

my off and on of smoking or not.

I like the chargers too.. but to be honest, at the end of the day Im going for a challenger RT.. the 70/ 71 in competition orange with the racing stripe please!
[img style="cursor: mozzoom-in;" alt="http://www.classiccar-buyersguide.com/Resized_1971%20Plymouth%20Hemi%20%27Cuda%20Coupe%201970%20Dodge%20Challenger%20Trans%20Am%20Coupe.jpg" src="http://www.classiccar-buyersguide.com/Resized_1971%20Plymouth%20Hemi%20%27Cuda%20Coupe%201970%20Dodge%20Challenger%20Trans%20Am%20Coupe.jpg" width="950" height="689"]

1970 Challenger RT Hemi. I would kill for this car.

[img alt="http://www.cars.com/features/autoshows/2008/chicago/coverage/images/2009_dodge_challenger_srt8/2009_dodge_challenger_srt8_0_430.jpg" src="http://www.cars.com/features/autoshows/2008/chicago/coverage/images/2009_dodge_challenger_srt8/2009_dodge_challenger_srt8_0_430.jpg"]

In all likely hood I will probaby end up with this car though.

ok, anyhoo, back on track...

If you could change something the local government has mucked up in your opinion.. what would it be and why?

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Orik

The medical system needs a complete restructuring.. right now in many ways hospitals and doctors are being paid for substandard elements. Our doctors nurses and hospitals need to be held accountable for the way they run things...

throwing more money at it wont solve the problems our medical system has... if the British and Swiss can get it to work so can we...mind the Swiss and British hospitals do not receive a single farthing or mark until they account for every cent they were given the year before...

they are given the Budget and must meet it... were is all the money that has been spent on health care actually going. that hospital administrative CEO with the 6 + figure a year salary is wrong... seriously even the doctors are being over paid in many cases over billing for services rendered that were not actually given...

I hate going to a doctors office and I am treated as a number and a bit of profit and not being treated as a human being pisses me off... But I see that happening in many of the clinics today were the patients are just another dollar

These clinics are treating as many people as they possibly can... I do not know whats worse, the loss of the family physician or that there is now more and more medical clinics set up to treat humans like animals in one  massive converter belt loop.

These medical centers are not really designed to cure or help patients they are designed to earn a maximum profit by medicating as many people as they possibly can... and they get kick backs from prescription drug company's for prescribing certain medications they are given many free samples to distribute, often times those medications are not covered by pharmacare. so they make a tidy profit  

often times there is a generic drug that does the job just as well if not better for 1/10 the price a case and example the doctor prescribes a typical pain medication tylenol 2's well fact 1. you do not need a prescription you can by this over the counter.. but the doctor wont get a kick back from Tylenol if he doesn't write it out...  

for example the pain capsules 250 tablets of these over the counter pills cost from 40 to 60 dollars Tylenol name brand but for 200 of the exact same strength of product, but with a generic brand Ie London drugs brand acetaminophen with codien it costs only 8 to 12 dollars ok u get 50 less tablets but it is the exact same medication in every way except name and in looks.. and it is is  major price difference.

often these medical clinic doctors prescribe medications in compliance to the company policy's so they can get a larger kick back for every prescription made..  and who gets these medications often it is seniors and the marginalized poor who in many ways are being used as lab rats for these new medications that are handed out in free samples at clinics...

and the medical clinics with the doctors they take a great percentage off government monopolized and subsidized payments and then they get kickback incentives from the pharmaceutical company's that gave them the free samples for prescribing these medications...

we the lab rats are people human beings but these mass clinics do not see us as that they see only lab rats and a profit to be made off people who often do not even need to be medicated...

you can see this happening everyday in the down town clinics every day in one door and out the next, mean while the government says lets throw more money at it.. or they take away needed services while giving back a red herring with the other hand...making it look like we got a sweet deal when in fact all we the people got was another shaft rammed up the back side

I do not blame the doctors but the government that tells the clinics which then dictates to the staff to throw some drugs at them and tell them to come back if they don't help and out the door, they we the people go, only to return, come back, the next week. So they the doctors and clinics can bill the tax payers another 75 dollars for a office visit that was not essential to our good health or well being...

and then the bleeding god damn hospital.. sheesh...  but in britain and Switzerland doctors hospitals and nurses are held accountable for every nickle they have.. right now to much money is spent on largess .. corporate banking and the tax system add greed to this  and it is now common place to see bribery and corruption...

I know bribery and corruption is always a small part in today's society but to see it happening in the field of medicine is disturbing even our own politicians fly out side of Canada to get medical treatment because they are considered elite and figure they should not have to wait. ...

well that has to change and turning out of our medical system to sell to americans... idiot politicos talking out of there damn asses again... we need to have doctors and hospitals capable of treating our own first.. not some otehr f*cker. excuse my langauge...

If you could make 1 change for the improvement of mankind what would it be

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

P.C.

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]If you could make 1 change for the improvement of mankind what would it be[/span]

If there was a way to teach tolerance, that would be it.  I guess the only way to teach it, is to live it.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

Excellent afterthought, PC

P.C.

If I had a nickel for every time I got good service when I called Telus....I'd probably have...

a nickel.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

If you could speak another language, which would it be?

Little Fish

Must I choose only one language to speak.

As follows the languages I wish I could speak in order.
Cantonese and Japanese

The following 3 are subject to which area of the Philippines one travels to. Filipino, Tagalog, Visayas or is it Visayan.

Mandarin, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Finnish, Hebrew, Portuguese and finally German.

If  I Could become fluent in Japanese and Cantonese would be my wish.

If you could travel through time, what era would you wish to visit and for how long.

|