If

Started by Gopher, Sep 28 09 11:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Orik

a 2 bedroom rancher with a computer room / theater room a library and den somewhere on the Sunshine coast or Vancouver island.

If you had the choice to live anyplace in the world where would it be.
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Natasha

Italy.

or maybe Hawaii?

If you had to chose between Italy or Hawaii which would you choose?

Little Fish

Hawaii thus there is no need to learn Italian and it is a bit closer to the Philippines.

If you had to learn a style of dance by rote, what dance would it be ?

DDD

What do dance and mathematics have in common? More than one might think. Unfortunately, both the discipline of mathematics and the art of dance are frequently taught through rote memorization. Dance is often taught by having students repeat the organizational structure (the steps) until they can perform the entire sequence without any thought. Similarly, mathematics is often taught by having students repeat formulas or calculations (e.g., multiplication tables) until they have memorized them--again, without any thought or analysis.

However, the problem with this type of learning is that it does not help students develop critical thinking and analysis skills, the ability to apply information in different situations, and the interest to continue learning the discipline.

Why am I writing this commentary? Because I love dance and I remember clearly how intimidating mathematics was to me many years ago--mainly because I was asked to memorize facts rather than understand them. Also, because there is an alternative method of teaching mathematics that makes the subject lovable or, at least, interesting to students. This alternative method has nothing to do with rote memorization. Instead, the mathematics class focuses on using dance as an object of mathematical analysis. The class is structured according to the following stages:

1. Warm-up activity designed to prepare students for thinking mathematically

2. Presentation of the class subject, purpose, and goals

3. Modeling of what is expected of students

4. Development of a dance--i.e., a kinesthetic representation, an oral explanation, and a written answer

5. Presentations of the students' work

6. Analysis and discussion

7. Summary and homework

While the first two and the last two stages are probably familiar to most teachers, the third, fourth, and fifth stages might not be as clear. Let us take a closer look at the purpose and implementation of these three stages in the classroom.

The Third Stage: What Is Expected of Students

In this stage, students are given examples of what is expected of them. The teacher models what students are expected to produce in the form of written work, verbal explanations, and kinesthetic presentations. Here is an example of ...

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

DDD

Little Fish wrote:
Hawaii thus there is no need to learn Italian and it is a bit closer to the Philippines.

If you had to learn a style of dance by rote, what dance would it be ?

OK now that I understand............... Jazz

If you had a choice between flying a plane or captin of a cruise

Natasha

Flying a plane as long as no one else is on it.. lol

If you could have one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?

DDD

Natasha wrote:
Flying a plane as long as no one else is on it.. lol

If you could have one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?

[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal]Steak, potatoes with a nice salad

[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal]

[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal]If you could only have one type of drink what would it be....mine would be beer

Orik

Lemonade... Freshly squeezed served Iced Cold... slightly bitter slightly sweet... the perfect treat..

If you had to a choice in your death, the way you exit life, how would you like to go out...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

DDD

OK getting laid was the 1st thing i thought of but at home with my familly by my side

Orik

I admit DDD same thoughts but I also would choose the same method at home with my family at my side.. With your Significant other or one of your sons or daughters to hold your hand as you pass to the next plain of existence..

your If question is ano.. what ?

DDD

opps forgot that as that question made me think............good one ...Time to go home too

If you could change past history one item would you not knowing if it would make the world a better place.

The item can not be connected to you in your life time.

Orik

Knowing what we know, No ! I have to emphatically say never, the threat of a paradox or to relative time frame contamination,  these risks are much to large to take, just imagine changing one thing in the past could lead to mass cataclysms in time, it could theoretically destroy all life, the risk far out weighs any potential good.

I would never risk the future of man kinds evolution, just to change one part of it's past, for all we know the Jewish Holocaust could have been caused by someone who tried to change a part of man kinds the past...... This is all theoretical after all....

Consider this you have just traveled back in time to change one thing that stops a mass epidemic across Europe one that kills 9 out of 10 human beings... But in so doing that minor change of the pass is what led to Hitlers rise in power....

What if some one had not messed with time to change something just as bad and that is what caused Hitler to rise to power... Or maybe something even worse. Maybe that Pandemic you went back in history to change turns in to A world wide pandemic, but this time it kills 99 out of every 100 and 9 out 10 survivors was left sterile...  

You risk the entire existence of human kind just to change a minor part of our past, it is not worth the risk our species...

If you could travel back in time to watch history take place, with no fear of changing it, contaminating it, interacting with it or being hurt by it, where would you travel back in time to and what would you like to witness

P.C.

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]DDD wrote:  OK getting laid was the 1st thing i thought of but at home with my familly by my side[/span]

You want your family by your side while you're getting laid ?  Yipes.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

DDD

P.C. wrote:
[SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic; FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]DDD wrote:  OK getting laid was the 1st thing i thought of but at home with my familly by my side[/SPAN]

You want your family by your side while you're getting laid ?  Yipes. [img border=0 src="/forums/richedit/smileys/Shocked/1.gif"]  
     LOL..........um no to them watchig me

Orik

If you could travel back in time to watch history take place, with no  fear of changing it, contaminating it, interacting with it or being hurt  by it, where would you travel back in time to and what would you like  to witness?  

|