Coincidence ? I think not

Started by P.C., Sep 28 09 06:20

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

This probably belongs in the 'I have nothing interesting to say' thread, but I'm starting a new thread, just because.

Yesterday morning just before I got out of bed, I was thinking about what I needed to do for the day...which was to do some winter prep in the garden (and work on the greenhouse too).  But instead my thoughts got side-tracked wondering what happened to my hydrangea.  I used to have a HUGE hydrangea, but couldn't remember when or where or why it disappeared.  Anyways....sadly I don't have it anymore.

Then....in the afternoon, a van pulled up the drive and the young guy that is staying with the people next door says....I don't know if you want this, but I was doing some landscaping (at some place) and I wondered if maybe you could use this.  It was a nice big hydrangea bush.

Coincidence ?  I think not.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Second story for the same day.

I have been on the hunt for a prehung door...CHEAP, looking in places like the Re-store and asking at all doors and window places, if they have any custom rejects. No luck for the last few weeks.  Damn doors are expensive !!!

We halted work on the greenhouse, because we're at the point of doing the wall which has the door, but we have no door yet, and can't carry on till we get one.  So we headed up to the Home Depot (knowing already that with their 15% off doors and windows this week, their prices were still more than we wanted to pay.)

We stopped at HomeHardware's Doors and Windows place, but they were closed.  Just as I was getting back in the truck, I heard a voice on a megaphone from the lot across the street, from two guys atop a big crane thing......."Doors and windows are now 50% off the lowest ticketed price"  OMG!  There were doors there that were $350 bucks at HD that were marked down to $120, $95...etc....and then 50% OFF THAT !!!!

Coincidence ?  I think not.

JJ

I'm glad all that good karma comes in useful!

Russ

I agree with JJ...
and I would seriously be investing in lotto tickets.

SS and myself been buying lotto tickets more regularly.. as we dont mind playing but werent too regular about it.
We started to be.. and every ticket winning something back. Not the full price of the ticket.. but at least something.

Have you checked out the ReStore in Comox?

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

There's one in Courtenay too....didn't know about the one in Comox.  The one in Nanaimo is WAYYY better than the one in Courtenay.  Where is the one in Comox ?  

P.C.

That's what I said too JJ.  Some karma in play perhaps ?   I've been a very good girl this year.  

Russ

P.C. wrote:
There's one in Courtenay too....didn't know about the one in Comox.  The one in Nanaimo is WAYYY better than the one in Courtenay.  Where is the one in Comox ?  

Sorry miss PC.. I meant the one in courtenay. To me its one and the same.. lol. Ignorant mainlander I know.
I havent been to the one in Nanaimo.. I normally go to the one here in vancouver.. recently scored an outdoor natural gas heater with a 10 foot extension hose. The self igniter doesnt work.. but for a savings of 400 dollars on it, Im not complaining.

P.C.

Whoaaaa, nice score Russ !!!

The one in Nanaimo is three times as big as the one in Courenay.  It's got TONS more stashed and stacked in there per square foot too.  TONS I tell ya.

They had one of those drop-down-fold-upable ladders for accessing your attic.  It was brand new for $65.  I wanted one badly 10 years ago, but I no longer need access to the attic.  Downsizing in some of the junk is more effective than finding new places to store it.  (just SOME of it I said)

Russ

My brother and I have decided on the best course of action for all the stuff we have in the backyard.. How to deal with the organization, downsizing and storage.

We are going to buy another house. Simple yes? lol. Now to AFFORD it, and get what we desire.

Yeah, the outdoor heater was something I have wanted for a long time! To find it like that was amazing!

I like restore.. unfortunatley it has increased the amount of stuff to SS's dismay.. even though its stuff that we kinda wanted and planned on getting. When I say we, its more onesided but say we to be including her in the process somewhere.

P.C.

lol...you'll make a packrat out of her yet, Russ.  I have faith in you.