Old News

Started by P.C., Sep 10 09 08:10

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

I realize this is last years story, but I missed it.

Is there absolutely anyone who thinks this contractor has ANY claim what-so-ever to this money ?  This is the most bizarre thing.  Since when did it occur to someone, that if they find something in someone elses house, that they are entitled to keep it ???

[SPAN id=intelliTXT itxtvisited="1"]   [P itxtvisited="1"][STRONG itxtvisited="1"]CLEVELAND —  A contractor who found $182,000 in Depression-era currency hidden in a bathroom wall has ended up with only a few thousand dollars, but he feels some vindication.[/b]

[P itxtvisited="1"]The windfall discovery amounted to little more than grief for contractor [FONT color=#0000ff]Bob Kitts, who couldn't agree on how to split the money with homeowner Amanda Reece[/FONT].

[P itxtvisited="1"]It didn't help Reece much, either. She testified in a deposition that she was considering bankruptcy and that a bank recently foreclosed on one of her properties.

[P itxtvisited="1"]And 21 descendants of Patrick Dunne — the wealthy businessman who stashed the money that was minted in a time of bank collapses and joblessness — will each get a mere fraction of the find.

[P itxtvisited="1"][A href="http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,449114,00.html"]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,449114,00.html[/A]

[/SPAN]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Pffft.  Can't believe the contractor has any claim to it.

Actually, I can't believe the decendants of the "stasher" have any claim to it, either.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

49er

it's "debris" generated from the demolition.....as a homeowner you expect the contarctor to dispose of the debris as part of the cost of the remodeling work....it becomes his "debris"

P.C.

Um...not in my eyes...would it be classed as 'debris'.  For example, if the homeowner herself had taken to stashing her cash in the walls, it would not be up for grabs to somebody who's putting a new light fixture in the can.  

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.