Liquidation World- will they need to liquidate?

Started by Lil Me, Aug 19 09 08:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

BRANTFORD, Ont. - Liquidation World Inc. (TSX:LQW) said Wednesday reported a larger loss in its most recent quarter compared with a year ago as sales fell.

The discount retailer said it lost $5.5 million or 34 cents per share for the quarter ended July 5 compared with a loss of $3.8 million or 46 cents per share a year ago.

Sales in what was the company's third quarter fell to $37 million from $43.8 million.

Full Story:

[A href="http://www.news1130.com/news/business/more.jsp?content=b193529424"]http://www.news1130.com/news/business/more.jsp?content=b193529424[/A]

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Well I'm not surprised.  We have a liquidation world in Courtenay, that used to be as cheap as a garage sale. The last year or so, they seem to think they're some kind of exclusive boutique and have started pricing their junk accordingly.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

I agree. The one nearby here seemed to keep going up. And the quality or the amount went down it seemed, lol.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

I used to always take a cruise through there, but I don't even bother any more.  Dopes.

Sportsdude

never been, am I missing anything spectacular?  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

A couple years ago, I would have said yes.  Now, it's a definite NO.    

purelife

Good to know, P.C and Russ.  I was thinking of going there as I haven't been there for a year.  Now, I won't bother.  

Lil Me

I go by every once in a while for groceries.

Bread is usally less than $2 a loaf, including speciality brands.

On my last run-through, I got Thai soup mixes in a bowl for about $1 ea and Old El Paso Taco kits for $3.50ea (spice mix, taco shells, salsa)  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein