Canada Line

Started by Sportsdude, Aug 17 09 12:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

has anybody taken it yet today? I'm so excited to take it for the late night eats in Richmond. lol  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I can't wait to take it!  I haven't been in the new skytrain yet and looking forward to it.  

I'm not sure when though....

I heard the ride is free today?

Sportsdude

Yes it is free today.  

Russ

It was completely overcrowded yesterday.. otherwise we would have gone just to see something useful we spent money on.

I loved the news of people there protesting about how 'their' money was wasted on this instead of healthcare and housing. When you looked at the article they sure looked like they could afford to put into it.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

JJ

Yes I was downtown yesterday but there was 21/2 hour waits I go on a day that you have to pay.

Russ

JJ wrote:
Yes I was downtown yesterday but there was 21/2 hour waits I go on a day that you have to pay.

I agree. We are thinking about going out there on a sunday then heading downtown adn doing the walk and a dinner thing

Sportsdude

I've got upass, so I'll probably ride it a lot on bored sundays.

When coming from downtown there's a huge light at the end of the tunnel effect going on.

Russ

Sportsdude wrote:
I've got upass, so I'll probably ride it a lot on bored sundays.

When coming from downtown there's a huge light at the end of the tunnel effect going on.

I thought you were back in the states? You are coming back to Vancovuer?

Sportsdude

Youtube videos :-)

yeah i'm driving back through the prairies at the end of the month, if my car holds up.

P.C.

Oh god, don't do it.  The prairies were the most boring stretch of any place I have ever had the misfortune of having to travel through in my whole life.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

lol PC

someone has a video on youtube that shows the entire route from Winnipeg to Saskatoon via yellowhead highway (which i'm taking). I enjoyed it.

I dunno, there's always been this rural part of me that longs to live in a prairie like place. Although I'd go for Montana big sky country (Butte or Missoula) or Rawlins Wyoming most likely. The Jackson area is superb, but really expensive.

My best bud lives in Winnipeg, and I'm picking up someone in Saskatoon, heading to Drumheller to fullfil a childhood dream, camp out in Banff, Rogers Pass, then decide on whether to drive the entire Sea to Sky to Whistler or just take the Coquihalla back to Vancouver. If I take the Coke, I'm hitting up some winery tours.

P.C.

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]someone has a video on youtube that shows the entire route from Winnipeg to Saskatoon via yellowhead highway (which i'm taking). I enjoyed it. [/span]

I'm sure he just filmed 5 minutes of the journey, then put it on a loop.  
[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]

...... camp out in Banff, Rogers Pass, then decide on whether to drive the entire Sea to Sky to Whistler or just take the Coquihalla back to Vancouver. If I take the Coke, I'm hitting up some winery tours.[/span]

Banff is beautiful, as is the Sea to Sky route.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Indeed on the sea to sky, and I just love really small bc towns/villages. I always talk about Pemberton strawberries for some reason.
I'm worried about all the fire damage.

Lise

I like the train but don't understand the seats. I think they're made for tall people. lol. Less seats but lots of standing room.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Tall people eh? I think I'll be in heaven then. haha