Canada Line

Started by Sportsdude, Aug 17 09 12:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ

P.C. wrote:
I'm sure he just filmed 5 minutes of the journey, then put it on a loop.  [img style="font-style: italic;" src="/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif[/img]

Troof. Its so flat and boring they put in zigs and zags every so often to keep you from falling asleep.
[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]

...... camp out in Banff, Rogers Pass, then decide on whether to drive the entire Sea to Sky to Whistler or just take the Coquihalla back to Vancouver. If I take the Coke, I'm hitting up some winery tours.[/span]

Ive been through banff and other areas now.. it IS a nice area. But to me its overated and over touristy now.

I recently did the coq on the way up and the hope-lytton/lilloet on teh way down. Coq is faster but alot more hilly and makes a diff if you are towing a boat like we were. The other way is more windy and slower.. but more scenic.  I know you are talking about a further route more round about from
If you havent done it and have the time to drive THAT much more after driving forever like you are doing.. and you want to see the type of stuff you seem to want to.. do it.
I dont know which way you are going to be coming.. but Ive done the cache creek then over and along to and through pemberton and down. Its a bit windy but a nice drive.
We went up through the coq, through logan creek, and to around cache creek and we saw some but not alot of fire damage or forest fire.. mostly damage from the pine beetle.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Russ

Lise wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]I like the train but don't understand the seats. I think they're made for tall people. lol. Less seats but lots of standing room.[/div]
LOL, make it easier for people to stand next to each other on the train and get to know them better!
:) so miss Lise.. where YOU standin?

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

I'm picking up someone in Saskatoon so somehow I'll give up the reins to the car sometime along the way. lol
I've seen trans can up to Yale, haven't completely done the whole road.
But, there's always been a part of me that wants to do the entire sea to sky.
I'll make up my mind whenever I get to Cache Creek I guess on whether to take option a b or c. All depends on time.

oh for PC

teh vid:
[a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oIs4JzJjgc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oIs4JzJjgc[/a]

perfect music for the song lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise @ Work

Russ wrote:

LOL, make it easier for people to stand next to each other on the train and get to know them better!
:) so miss Lise.. where YOU standin?

Who says I'm standing? I'm sitting on your lap, man!

P.C.

teh vid:
[a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oIs4JzJjgc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oIs4JzJjgc[/a]

perfect music for the song lol

LOL
That's hilarious SD.  I only made to 1:28, but that's all it took...I couldn't take any more.  What a godforsaken stretch of landscape....lol

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Haha I showed a picture of the area to my cousin-in laws sister and she remarked "it looks like Northern Illinois bleh!

There's a seattle to portland vid.
but was time lapsed during a rainy day. lol

purelife

Cousin-in laws sister?  I've never heard of cousin-in laws.  

Sportsdude

it's something i made up to explain my cousin's wife's sister.

JJ

Tried the Canada line last Sunday, it was a pleasant ride and only took about 20 mins from the airport to Granville St..

purelife

Was it still packed, JJ?  

I agree with you about the smooth and quiet ride.

JJ

It was Sunday so it was full but not too packed.  I could see on weekdays that it would be crowded.

Sportsdude

I'll probably ride the whole system tomorrow