The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

OK....I know this is probably something nobody else has any interest in....but tonight I sit in a room that I have been working on since just after Christmas.  (Hubby thought it was cute to bring home this giant flat TV right out of the Jetsons....into a room full of antiques....I said  uh uh)

So we took our dining room (biggest room in the house, and used the least) and turned it into a lounge.  I painted the walls black (yes...black) and all the window trim ivory.  I repurposed  a set of little round wrought iron tables  that had folksie fruit painted on each one, and painted a zebra pattern on them.  We built a bar, and matched the stain to our computer furniture, and did some major juggling.....and tonight is our 'opening' of the Ebony lounge.

So.....now that I've finished blowing my horn, I thought this would make a great thread for evening 'chat'.  Kinda like the lunch thread, but for the evening posters.  So if there is a thread that we don't feel like 'hi-jacking', just to say hey to someone....we can do it here.

Hey, FC....how's it going.  (see ???  like that)  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a056.GIF" border=0]      
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Alright...so THAT didn't work.

Hi sportsdude....how's life in Seattle ?    

Sportsdude

fun. I like it here. Hope I can get in, just have to write a good essay.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Hi sporstdude !!!

When will you know ???

Sportsdude

Well, i got to finish the admisson forms and write the essay and then wait for about 2 weeks.

Got to see the mountain today. holy crap is that thing huge.

One thing for sure I don't miss home.

P.C.

I'm so glad this is such a positive experience for you.  Yaaaay !!!  The Northwest IS beautiful for sure!!!!

So, what will you write your essay about....something of your own choice, or are there stricter guidelines ?  

Sportsdude

Essay question:

What do you plan to do with your one and only precious life?

super vague.

weird al

Hey, nice lounge ya got here!

P.C.

Vague is good.  When it comes to writing essays, the wider the door is open, the wider your mind is open.  I find if something gets too specific, it cuts off my creative flow  (lol...that sounds...um..weird)...but do you know what I mean ?  It creates pressure to have to zone in on one topic.  This way, it's purely creative, and totally subjective.

Well, good luck sportsdude....I KNOW you'll do well.

On that note, I must sleep.  Enjoy the rest of your time there.  

P.C.

Hey weird al.  It's a classy little joint....I thought you might like it....lol.    

P.C.

By the way....can I get you anything ????

weird al

Yeah I love a nice lunge - got any BC wine ( I bet)?

Sportsdude

some hard apple cider.  

P.C.

A few ice wines from Naramata, but other than that I like German wine.  (oh yeah, and a ton of Piesporter that I made at one of the local wineries...lol)

Funny thing happened....I tried posting in DV tonight, and for a while, I thought I was banned again.  It DID finally work, but it got me wondering what was up !!!    

weird al

I haven't dropped in there for a while. Place was a riot at one time. But it seems buggy.

|