The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Good choice Orik. I like drinking that from time to time.. as well as Grolsh.

Im kinda partial to that Italien beer currently. Nastro Azzura by Peroni (SP?).

But as long as its cold, any beer will do really.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

DDD

Orik wrote:
I so wish I could drink a Ice Cold beer.  I miss having a a iced glass of Warsteiner..

Looks yummy must now try one...........

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Little Fish

It is ohh so good D.. I would Buy you your first one, but I fear you would not stop, it is just that good of a beer.  But that is just my opinion I love the Warsteiner Beer. then again i also really like the Rickard Red so maybe my beer taste is not the greatest..

[a href="http://www.warsteiner.com/en/html/brewing_culture_pouring_instructions_video.html"]If you really got nothing to do watch this video on how to pour a perfect Glass of Warsteiner =P [/a]

Warsteiner has 3 Kinds of beer in the Pilsner variety. this is a German beer. Germany makes some very good things. However I never considered beer as one of them till I tried a draft pint one night and i have been hooked since.

Premium Fresh Comes in 0.0 to 0.5 percent alcohol and I Used to love drinking this with lunch at work. I made my corner store carry a six pack in the back just for me. this way I could have a cold one once in awhile even at work, ah it was so good. The reason I loved this brand the most because it was the only Non alcoholic brew that tastes decent. Oduls is not to bad but it is a poor comparison.

Premium Verum A very good Pilsner refreshing for lunch or dinner but go easy on this because it does contain alcohol. It could be classified as a light beer because it only has 4.8% alcohal

[font style="font-family: Arial Narrow;" size="3"]Premium Dunkel[/font] This is a Dark Beer I do not think it is advertised on Warsteiners main site. It can sometimes be very hard to find in Vancouver. It is like the Verum it also contains 4.8 % alchohal.

This next one please Do not try to pronounce it unless your German is impeccable otherwise it is liable to give yo u a sprained tongue. =P

[span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]König Ludwig Weiss- Royal Bavarian Hefeweizen[/span]  This is a golden beer. I would not go so far as to call it a Ale, but it is similar like some ales it does contain a higher alcohol content at 5.5 % alcohol and like the Dunkel It to can also be very had to find In a Vancouver liquor store.

Now the Premium Lemon. I have never tried the Lemon but I can vouch for how good the others are

I have taken this bit from wiki
To continue to appeal to German young adults, Warsteiner began a beer-mix drink campaign that includes a Premium Cola,  which contains caffeine, as well as Premium Lemon and Premium Orange  drinks.

I have not tried any of those so I can not give a thumbs up approval or a thumbs down. But if they are anything like there other beers, I must assume they are going to be pretty good.

It is times like this I miss not being able to drink =(

Natasha

Orik wrote:
I so wish I could drink a Ice Cold beer.  I miss having a a iced glass of Warsteiner..

Never was much of a beer drinker. When I did down one I went with a very cold Budweiser. These days I'll join in on a toast or have one glass of wine on special occasions only.

DDD

Natasha wrote:
Orik wrote:

Never was much of a beer drinker. When I did down one I went with a very cold Budweiser. These days I'll join in on a toast or have one glass of wine on special occasions only.

So with me then  :)

Natasha

Yes, actually I would enjoy at least one glass with you in our honor. Perhaps in a toast to our friendship  =)

DDD

Natasha wrote:
 Yes, actually I would enjoy at least one glass with you in our honor. Perhaps in a toast to our friendship  =)[/DIV]
 OR me just trying to get you drunk  ;)

Natasha

DDD wrote:

OR me just trying to get you drunk  ;)[/DIV]
 Either way, one glass would accomplish that.

DDD

Natasha wrote:
DDD wrote:

OR me just trying to get you drunk  ;)[/DIV]
 Either way, one glass would accomplish that.[/DIV]
 Then it would have to be the expensive stuff

Natasha

Well yeah, I mean if you're going to get a girl drunk so you can take advantage of her you gotta do it in a classy way  =D

DDD

Natasha wrote:
 Well yeah, I mean if you're going to get a girl drunk so you can take advantage of her you gotta do it in a classy way  =D[/DIV]
   Thats me all class..................OK no smart ass comments from the peanut gallery

Natasha

Peanut gallery???

DDD

you have never heard that saying?

Natasha

Obviously not =(

So are you going to explain it to me?  

DDD

[P id=content class=contenttop]PEANUT GALLERY

[DIV class=contentblock] [P class=rubric]

[!-- START OF PAGE TEXT --] [SPAN class=faqqaq]Q[/SPAN] From Steve Klimback: May I please ask what is the origin of the phrase peanut gallery in the context: 'That is enough from the peanut gallery'. The only mildly plausible origin I could guess was in relation to a section of seats sold at plays.

[SPAN class=faqqaa]A[/SPAN] It does have a theatrical origin, and goes back to America at the end of the nineteenth century.

The peanut gallery was the topmost tier of seats, the cheapest in the house, a long way from the stage. The same seats in British theatres were (and still are) often called the gods because you were so high you seemed to be halfway to heaven, up there with the allegorical figures that were often painted on the ceiling.

On both sides of the Atlantic, these seats attracted an impecunious class of patron, with a strong sense of community, often highly irreverent and with a well-developed ability to heckle, hence the modern figurative meaning. A significant difference between the American and British theatres is that American patrons ate peanuts; these made wonderful missiles for showing their opinion of artistes they didn't like.

Most Americans of a certain age will know the phrase because it was used in a slightly different sense in the fifties children's television programme, the Howdy Doody Show. There it was the name for the ground-level seating for the kids, the "peanuts", though the phrase was almost certainly derived from the older sense. They were just as noisy and irreverent as their theatrical forebears, or indeed the groundlings of Shakespeare's time, with a liking for low humour and a total lack of sense or discrimination.

[/DIV]

|