The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Upset stomachs are commonly associated with unpurified water used in ice or used to wash salads and fruit, stressful traveling, or simply bacteria different to those at home. Mexicans also suffer when they travel abroad, and if you stay in Mexico for more than a few weeks you may even experience the same acclimatization disorders when you reach home.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

I am gagging to be here with a beer or ANY alcoholic beverage.

Need one.

Im still here.. er there for you. Another two weeks or so and I should be home.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Natasha

We all wish you a safe return  =)

DDD

Russ wrote:
 I am gagging to be here with a beer or ANY alcoholic beverage.

Need one.

Im still here.. er there for you. Another two weeks or so and I should be home.

Well you did say you wanted to drop a few lbs ........ but no beer thats just sad             [img border=0 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Teasing/23.gif"]    
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Natasha

No beer should help him lose a few pds.

Russ

LOL

Yeah you would think so hey? Especially in this African heat.

Dropped a few pounds.. not as many as I had hoped however. Food on here isnt too bad.

And I still want a beer.

Orik

Russ I am sober for a very long time. I still want a beer too. I have just have learned to live with out the Ice Cold delicious frothy frosty beverage... Sighs, sometimes giving up something you enjoy once in awhile really sucks, I quit smoking for my lung health problem is it happened to little and to late. I quit drugs for general good health and to improve my life that was a good choice. Having to quit drinking  because my liver is shot, Well to me that sucks... It sucks to not even be able to enjoy a cold one after a long hot day under the sun...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Natasha

Russ wrote:
 LOL

Yeah you would think so hey? Especially in this African heat.

Yes sir. You'd think it would be like wearing a sauna suit.

Dropped a few pounds.

Congrats. Every little bit helps and you have to start somewhere, right?

Food on here isnt too bad.

Given your description on the Lunch thread I think it's safe to say we're all jealous.

And I still want a beer.lol.. one of my exes used to tell me "want in one hand and sh!t in the other". Meaning I would poop in my hand before getting what I wanted. It's a little mean but I've always found it amusing for some reason. And I'm not telling you to do that. I'm just a little bored and felt like sharing it  =D  Anyway, I'm sure no one here has to tell you, you can have anything you want in moderation  =)

Natasha

Orik wrote:
I am sober for a very long time. I still want a beer too.

Same here. I never have though. I usually sip a glass of wine on special occasions only.

sometimes giving up something you enjoy once in awhile really sucks, I quit smoking for my lung health problem is it happened to little and to late. I quit drugs for general good health and to improve my life that was a good choice. Having to quit drinking  because my liver is shot, Well to me that sucks... It sucks to not even be able to enjoy a cold one after a long hot day under the sun...

As sucky as giving up things may be sometimes, you should still be as proud of you as all of us are. Quiting certain things is never easy.

Mr. Orik

Hi Natasha, =)

I am proud of quitting smoking that was a difficult one I was a real arsehole and I had a horrible hair trigger temper for well over a year. It took a very long time to get over the urge to smoke and a bit longer to stop losing my temper so easily. I still get the urge to smoke at times but if it gets really bad I go out and pick up a packet of gum or some mentos.

Quiting drugs so long ago was easy compared to quitting smoking, I had no real withdrawals and no hair trigger temper, my mood swings combined with depression was a real roller coaster, but I lived through the first couple of years and I eventually learned to live my life Marijuana & Cocaine free.

This August I celebrate 17 year Cocaine free. Cocaine was my drug of choice I used or experimented with many others but it always came down to marijuana and cocaine for me. I could easily go through an eighth of each every day.

I would say I am marijuana or drug free completely but I used medicinal marijuana for a time in 2000 to 2002 after my back injury. The marijuana helped some but it was much to strong so much more portent than the earth grows I used to smoke in the early 90's

That I eventually gave up marijuana for Codeine which provided better painkilling effect but was worse for my body. I still use prescribed pain killer for pain management. I have my good days where I am in no pain and my bad days where even using maximum doses of my painkillers I am still in agony =(

There are few medication on the market I can use to treat my pain levels because of how hard they are on the liver. I am deeply considering trying some edible marijuana or edible hash as a form of pain management treatment.

However I have a large problem with most pain medications, the problem is this.

I want to treat the pain, not get stoned. Most medication work well, they treat the pain but they leave you slightly stoned. This is noticeably significant when one switches over to a new kind of pain medication or has another one added to a list of a few they already take.

In some ways I am a addict and will always remain one, but I have my addiction under control.  I am drug free but I am not at the same time. some Narcotics Anonymous meetings state a drug is a drug is a drug, even if one is prescribed it for a legitimate reason. N.A says I have no clean time at all. I do not see it that way. I have years of clean time because I am not using my drugs of choice.

As for the alcohol thing I was never a big drinker even before my liver went tits up I rarely drank more than 12 beers in a month , so it giving up drinking was not a big deal to me. it was something I did very rarely... I can live with out beer.

The problem is I can not live without using my pain medications at least once a day Not unless I want to be restricted to my bed for most of that day, on my good days I do not need to take as much of my pain medications sometimes I can even skip a dose or 2 but those days happen so rarely =( ... Then there are my days where the pain levels are so high it is agony just to get out of bed and stand-up.

[table bgcolor="#ffffdd" border="1"][tbody][tr][td colspan="2" align="center"][small]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
    Please type the text below into this field[/small][/td][/tr]    [tr][td align="center"]    [style type="text/css"]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/style] [table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"][tbody][tr][td]
[/td][td rowspan="2" class="at_r1"]ic[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]add[/td][td]t[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/td][td][input name="sauce_check" value="bbd4c0979f574ec66cb666fda2ecdc36" type="hidden"]
[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table]
Sorry a great big rambling response.. I definitely take after my foster uncles side of the family he is the shyster after all. (lawyer)

Sportsdude

Kokanee. I caved and paid for booze in this province from a store, after I told myself not to.

oh well.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

SD Im confused. You havent bought booze before in this province? You are still in BC right? Didnt you talk about all these parties you went to and drank a fair bit? I must have missed alot of threads.

I find that quote funny Natasha.. I have heard that one a few times. Wish in one hand and crap in the other.. see what you get first. Or something along those lines.

Well, looks like a change of plans. Im on here for an additional week past my due off date. The vessel went off charter faster than expected and caught alot of us close to due off by surprise. On the bright side.. we are on our way to Las Palmas.

Sportsdude

Russ wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]SD Im confused. You havent bought booze before in this province? You are still in BC right? Didnt you talk about all these parties you went to and drank a fair bit? I must have missed alot of threads.[/div]
Oh I have bought my fair share, but I generally just try to avoid liquor stores.  Everyone from friends to prof's have bought me beers over the years, so I rarely pay for booze at parties and clubs.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Natasha

Russ wrote:
 I find that quote funny Natasha.. I have heard that one a few times. Wish in one hand and crap in the other.. see what you get first. Or something along those lines.

I believe there's a substitution for the word "crap" though..lol. My daddy is also a little joker. Anytime I say "excuse me" he says "there's no excuse for you"...lol I finally broke him from it by replying with "uh hu, mom did it".

Well, looks like a change of plans. Im on here for an additional week past my due off date.

We'll continue to wish you a safe return.

On the bright side.. we are on our way to Las Palmas. And you didn't even invite us.

Orik

I so wish I could drink a Ice Cold beer.  I miss having a a iced glass of Warsteiner..

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

|