The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic

DDD

All I drink most of the time is Bud..........bulk beer
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Lil Me

I think a 24 of Pabst Blue Ribbon is something like $12, if you can drink that crap.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Cheapest places to by alcohol is in the Midwest where alcohol and cig taxes are basically none and any attempt at banning smoking or raising taxes requires a state wide referendum which fails miserably each time.

.25 .50 pitcher nights; 1.00 margaritas down at the 'corner' - there are no corners, corners don't exist- Mexican restaurant and usually a pitcher is 2-3 dollars. Whenever I go out I just buy a pitcher. Its cheaper. I don't even get half way through it because the beer sucks, but I don't really care. Also, I never finish those margaritas either. When alcohol is cheap, you tend to waste it.

It's a misnomer that the South has the 'cheapest' beer. They don't and in fact they have the most expensive outside of the Northeastern states. They're state run/controlled in most of the South with 'dry' and 'wet' counties. Prices are about the same as BC in Florida and North Carolina (at least for hard liq). And you can't buy hard liq in a grocery store (while you can buy beer).

The cheapest beer I've ever come across was in Springfield Mo where a 6 pack of Miller High Life was 2.50 at the local Wal-Mart. I don't touch that crap even if you paid me and instead paid for the usual import 6p for 7.99.
6-pack bottles:
'Domestic' 4-6  'Import' 7-10 'Craft American' 6-9
Wine 4 bucks

12 of Heineken can is rather expensive: 10 or 11 bucks usually double the mass produced beer.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

DDD

.25 .50 pitcher nights; 1.00 margaritas down at the 'corner' - there are no corners, corners don't exist- Mexican restaurant and usually a pitcher is 2-3 dollars. Whenever I go out I just buy a pitcher. Its cheaper. I don't even get half way through it because the beer sucks, but I don't really care. Also, I never finish those margaritas either. When alcohol is cheap, you tend to waste it.

It would have to be real bad for me to leave some behind................or I would have to be so pissed that I just could not finish it off

[img border=0 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Word_Positive/5.gif"]

P.C.

Ahhhhhh.  Just poured a nice glass of red.        
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

[div style="overflow: auto; width: 100%;"][div style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Lil Me wrote:  *knocks on door*[/div] [div style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Hey PC!  Is this place open?[/div]

You know better than to knock.  Just walk right in and make yourself at home....and help yourself.  
[/div]  

Lil Me

Thanks P.C.!

Drinking Bud.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

DDD

grabs a beer ........now where is the finger food?

P.C.

Help yourself.

[blockquote style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"]   [h3]Finger Food[/h3]   [p style="font-weight: bold; text-align: left;"]                                        1 can Refrigerated Breadstick Dough
                                         1 Pepperoni Stick
                                                   Dried Rosemary, to taste[/p] [/blockquote] [div style="text-align: left; font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"]                                                Separate breadsticks and place on greased cookie sheet.
 [/div] [div style="text-align: left; font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"]                                                Cut pepperoni into fingernail shapes and press into dough.
 [/div] [font style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" size="2"]                                                Cut knuckle marks into "fingers" and sprinkle with rosemary
                                                         to create a hairy-knuckle look.
                                                 Bake according to package directions.[/font]

DDD

OK glad i asked only for finger food!

Sportsdude

@DDD
   [meta name="Title" content=""] [meta name="Keywords" content=""] [meta XXXX-EQUIV="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"] [meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"] [meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 2008"] [meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 2008"] [link rel="File-List" href="file://localhost/Users/piercenettling/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0clip_filelist.xml"] [!--[if gte mso 9]][xml]  [o:DocumentProperties]   [o:Template]Normal.dotm[/o:Template]   [o:Revision]0[/o:Revision]   [o:TotalTime]0[/o:TotalTime]   [o:Pages]1[/o:Pages]   [o:Words]81[/o:Words]   [o:Characters]467[/o:Characters]   [o:Company]Office: Mac Home and Student[/o:Company]   [o:Lines]3[/o:Lines]   [o:Paragraphs]1[/o:Paragraphs]   [o:CharactersWithSpaces]573[/o:CharactersWithSpaces]   [o:Version]12.0[/o:Version]  [/o:DocumentProperties]  [o:OfficeDocumentSettings]   [o:AllowPNG/]  [/o:OfficeDocumentSettings] [/xml][![endif]--][!--[if gte mso 9]][xml]  [w:WordDocument]   [w:Zoom]0[/w:Zoom]   [w:TrackMoves]false[/w:TrackMoves]   [w:TrackFormatting/]   [w:PunctuationKerning/]   [w:DrawingGridHorizontalSpacing]18 pt[/w:DrawingGridHorizontalSpacing]   [w:DrawingGridVerticalSpacing]18 pt[/w:DrawingGridVerticalSpacing]   [w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery]0[/w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery]   [w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery]0[/w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery]   [w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/]   [w:SaveIfXMLInvalid]false[/w:SaveIfXMLInvalid]   [w:IgnoreMixedContent]false[/w:IgnoreMixedContent]   [w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText]false[/w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText]   [w:Compatibility]    [w:BreakWrappedTables/]    [w:DontGrowAutofit/]    [w:DontAutofitConstrainedTables/]    [w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/]   [/w:Compatibility]  [/w:WordDocument] [/xml][![endif]--][!--[if gte mso 9]][xml]  [w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="276"]  [/w:LatentStyles] [/xml][![endif]--] [style] [!--  /* Font Definitions */ @font-face    (font-family:Cambria;    panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;    mso-font-charset:0;    mso-generic-font-family:auto;    mso-font-pitch:variable;    mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;)  /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal    (mso-style-parent:"";    margin:0in;    margin-bottom:.0001pt;    mso-pagination:widow-orphan;    font-size:12.0pt;    font-family:"Times New Roman";    mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria;    mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;    mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria;    mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;    mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria;    mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;    mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";    mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;    mso-ansi-language:EN-GB;) @page Section1    (size:8.5in 11.0in;    margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;    mso-header-margin:.5in;    mso-footer-margin:.5in;    mso-paper-source:0;) div.Section1    (page:Section1;) --] [/style] [!--[if gte mso 10]] [style]  /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable    (mso-style-name:"Table Normal";    mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;    mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;    mso-style-noshow:yes;    mso-style-parent:"";    mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;    mso-para-margin:0in;    mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;    mso-pagination:widow-orphan;    font-size:12.0pt;    font-family:"Times New Roman";    mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria;    mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;    mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";    mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;    mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria;    mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;) [/style] [![endif]--]  [!--StartFragment--]  [p class="MsoNormal"][span lang="EN-GB"]I can't stomach American food and beer anymore. So that's the end result usually. It's like drinking water from Mexico but instantly getting sick instead of the morning after.

In coming back from Seattle a couple of weeks ago from a Mariners game, my roommate had to drive most to the way home –including going through the border– because I was peeled over. Woke up the next morning feeling like I was hit by a truck with a massive hangover, except I wasn't drunk and it was food related. I'm probably going to die of 'food indigestion' when I go back in a few weeks. [/span][/p]  [!--EndFragment--]
Same thing happened the day of and the week after I went to the Mexican place with the cheap margaritas. Although I think I got sick on the plane that day. I had the red eye to Toronto and then my connecting flight.

Also, the salt intake down there is ridiculous.

DDD

I hear you SD         "It's like drinking water from Mexico but instantly getting sick instead of the morning after"

that about sums it up for me for Mexico

Sportsdude

haha yes, about that's what happens to me whenever I go back to the states.  

DDD

[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal]I have always wondered why when we go to places like the [?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /][st1:country-region w:st="on"]US[/st1:country-region] or [st1:place w:st="on"][st1:country-region w:st="on"]Mexico[/st1:country-region][/st1:place] we do get a bug from the food it's not like its that different than our food here.

Sportsdude

a bug as in a living thing or sickness?

If you experience the latter, the high rates of disease in food is generally related to the de-regulation or lack of regulation of public health and safety standards in all aspects of food production and preparation. You also might get sick from just not be used to the serving sizes or high sodium levels.

|