Billy Mays tv pitchman is dead, 50

Started by Sportsdude, Jun 28 09 10:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

Omg tv ads will never be the same.

McMahon, Farrah, Jackson, Bill Mays all in one week.

[a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_billy_mays"]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_billy_mays[/a]

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Yeah, I know. What's the deal with him? How did he die?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Internal bleeding to the head from his rough flight to Tampa last night I'm guessing...

"U.S. Airways confirmed that Mays was among the passengers on a flight that made a rough landing on Saturday afternoon at [span class="yshortcuts" id="lw_1246221372_2"]Tampa International Airport[/span], leaving debris on the runway after apparently blowing its front tires.                 Tampa Bay's Fox television affiliate interviewed Mays afterward.[/p]                 "All of a sudden as we hit you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping," MyFox Tampa Bay quoted him as saying. "It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head."[/p]                 Tampa police spokeswoman Laura McElroy said linking Mays' death to the landing would "purely be speculation." She said Mays' family members didn't report any health issues with the pitchman, but said he was due to have hip replacement surgery in the coming weeks."[/p]
[/p]After the ski death of Natasha Richardson, this sounds reasonable cause.
[/p]Makes me think about my concussion.
[/p]We should all just wear helmets everywhere.
[/p]
[/p]
[/p]
[/p]  

P.C.

Sheesh....it's an epidemic.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Methinks he died of heart failure and not the bump on the head.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Me thinks so too Lise.  I have been biting my tongue as to not be disrespectful, but his commercials drove me up the wall.  I have read that he was a kind and generous man...and it's always sad to see people leave this earth too early.    

Sportsdude

He did die of heart failure. The coroner wanted to get that out quickly as people were already musing about the head thing. I think the airline even said something about 'well wear a seat belt.'

heart disease is a silent killer.

He was the nice one, the Sham Wow guy beats up prostitutes in Miami.

Apparently he was set to run some Taco Bell ads, those would have been hilarious.

P.C.

Didn't the Sham Wow guy get beat up by the hooker ?  lol

I found nothing amusing about Billy's style.  I have muted or turned channel or simply turned the TV off every single time one of his ads came on.  I have never met another living soul who could tolerate him....so how is it the man was continuing to get ad jobs.  A more annoying voice I have never heard.  I don't need some stranger YELLING at me in my own living room.

(sorry Billy.  RIP )