How far would you go...

Started by Gopher, Jun 21 09 11:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher

...to see a member of the royal family?  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

10 miles.  That's my royalty limit.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Not me. Wouldn't go see any royal family cuz I'm not interested.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

They've got to come to me, sit next to me in a pub, split a pitcher of pale ale, drop their 'you must only recognize me as' act, have no security, they must be willing to make fun of their mother and endure rants about firing their asses and making them work for a living. Then maybe, but that's all I demand. I'm not asking much.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

If Prince William came to me, I'd ask him to put some Rogen on his head. How embarassing to loose your lucious locks at such a tender age.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Yea...I really want to share a pitcher of beer with some guy who wants to make fun of his mother.[img height=20 src="http://www.pogo.com/images/chat/stare.gif" width=20 border=0]

I actually went to see the Queen when the kids were little.  She drove through the town.  I don't know what I went for, because I really had no interest....yet when she drove by....and she made eye contact and smiled, I was unexpectedly excited.      
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

LORD BYRON

im irish so id stick my foot up their arse if i ever met them
YOU SUCK

Sportsdude

Because if they're willing to laugh at the jokes, then they have unknowingly approved of how silly and pointless their life is.

I don't know why William doesn't go the Matthew Mcconaughey route and get a hair transplant.

Gopher

Probably because the British aristocracy would think it was common.  

Sportsdude

weird. I guess it works for the head of Monaco.

Gopher

Head being the operative word.  

Orik

Having seen them before I would not go out of my way... During the opening of Expo was more than close enough as part of the RCSCC from HMCS Discovery parts of the Band and other cadets were their doing things such as Ceremony of the flags,  holding a place of Honour Guard doing crowd controll. that was was more than close enough...

Russ what do you remember of that time... Were you a part of the band or part of the Honor Guard doing crowd control part of the cannon crew doing the ceremony of the flags  

wasn't  a cadet hurt... injuring or losing some fingers during the live rehearsal of the cannon firing ?  

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Lil Me

I was there!  Sang O Canada with the kids' choirs in BC Place- I think it was May 2, 1986.  Was so excited when Prince Charles and Princess Diana were driven into BC Place in the convertible.  (I was in grade 5...this was big stuff!)

Today, I wouldn't go out of my way to see royalty.   But if I happened to see any, that would be neat.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Orik

Yeah it was all pretty cool and fairly memorable.. Sounds like you got some good memories of that time LM

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Russ

Orik wrote:
Having seen them before I would not go out of my way... During the opening of Expo was more than close enough as part of the RCSCC from HMCS Discovery parts of the Band and other cadets were their doing things such as Ceremony of the flags,  holding a place of Honour Guard doing crowd controll. that was was more than close enough...

Russ what do you remember of that time... Were you a part of the band or part of the Honor Guard doing crowd control part of the cannon crew doing the ceremony of the flags  

wasn't  a cadet hurt... injuring or losing some fingers during the live rehearsal of the cannon firing ?  

Thats before my time as part of the RCSCC
I saw the queen at the Q one summer. We were all at attention, they just came out on the parade square by the dias and did a little figure 8, she waved, talked to some people at the front of the parade heads, and slowed to look towards the jetty with the ships, then headed back the way they came.
Other time I saw her was when we were at a canucks exhibition game. She went out on the ice with wayne G to drop the puck. After the entourage left the ice, they went up to one of the boxes.. and every time she went to the side to look down and see whats happening, pointing to the ice to ask wayne g whats happening.. the crowd would start howling and stand up. The guys on the ice would stop playing and look up to see the queen! lol.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims