Elephant Versus Polar Bear

Started by Lise, Jun 18 09 07:02

Previous topic - Next topic

In a match to the death, who do you think will win? The elephant or the polar bear?

Elephant
4 (50%)
Polar Bear
4 (50%)
Neither - it's a draw!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Lise

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Which one gets home turf ?  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Sportsdude

Elephant.
Its bigger, stronger, faster and has tusks and has stomping ability.

Muskox versus polar bear would be more interesting

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Polar Bear. Claws. Teeth. Speed. You do the math.

Well, say it's a neutral turf. There's no Artic cold or the heat from the jungle.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Polar bears and elephants are capable of the same speed.  25mph.  So speed is out.

Now we're left with claws and teeth vs tusks and stomping/kicking.    

Lise @ Work

Heck, no way. A polar bear is still faster. The ole elephant must weight like.... what... ten thousand pound or so? Can't be able to move all them bulk fast while the polar bear is sleeker and deadlier. One ramp up Aflie's nose and it's toast.

Michel

P.C.

It's true.  25mph for both.  

Lise @ Work

Yeah, like whatever. I still think the polar bear's gonna win. No doubt about it. Have you seen the bear's teeth???

[FONT color=#800080][/FONT]

[A href="http://www.nature.ca/education/cls/lp/_images/pb_polar_teeth2.jpg[/img][FONT size=1]http://www.nature.ca/education/cls/lp/_images/pb_polar_teeth2.jpg[/FONT][/A]

Look at that and tell me if that won't puncture the elephant's fat ass.[A href="http://www.nature.ca/education/cls/lp/_images/pb_polar_teeth2.jpg[/img][/A]

P.C.

Yeah, like whatever. I still think the polar bear's gonna win. No doubt about it. Have you seen the bear's teeth???

Hey Hey Hey !  I'm just askin questions here....before I make my decision.  

Lise

Let's give you more incentive to vote for the polar bear. Does the picture help?
Bill Cosby.

van_guy

Polar bears have a mean streak a mile wide.

They can track you and kill you ... They are stealthy.  They would wait until elephant is asleep then kick it's a$$.

They may have the same top speed - but ruthless factor - PB way ahead!!
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

P.C.

But what if they didn't fight.  What if instead, they really liked each other.  Maybe this would happen.....