Amazing Discovery

Started by P.C., Jun 04 09 11:26

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

OK....it's a bit of a 'come-on'....and it may not be amazing.  It might not even be worthy of it's own thread...BUT...

This is my amazing discovery.

I had this really nice pale gray and cream striped sweat-shirt (sort of) that I bought....and paid way too much money for....but I really really liked it.  After one wearing and one washing...I noticed there were 2 dime size spots on the cream part that absolutely would not come out after trying everything. (I'm thinking it may have been coffee)

I was debating whether I should add this shirt to my 'work clothes' pile....which is bigger than all my other piles....when I decided to try toothpaste on it.  It's 'whitening' toothpaste...that supposedly fights the affects of coffee, red wine etc.

Well....it worked !!!!  I just put a dab on my finger...rubbed it in gently for about 5 seconds.  GONE !    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Viva la toothpaste. You can't imagine what other stuff we've put the toothpaste to at work and I don't just mean on a person's teeth.

Vinegar can remove almost anything. That's my amazing discovery. Best part of it is that it's 'organic' and no harmful ingredients... unless you count the smell.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

LM@work

Thanks for the tip, P.C.

Lise- I don't even want to know...

Michel

P.C.

This is monumental, for heaven's sake.  It's HUGE !  

Mars schmars.  

I tried bleach, powder detergent and bleach made into a paste, Shout, peroxide, vinegar, baking soda.  Nuttin worked.

Except Sensodyne F Whitening  toothPASTE. (not the gel) [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/muede/n020.gif[/img][/DIV]

Michel

Gopher

Lise's comment about vinegar is the ABSOLUTE TRUTH!    
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Not absolute.  It didn't do a thing for the stain in my shirt.

It's pretty good though.

JJ

Another great use for white toothpaste is to use it to fill holes in white texture ceilings from hanging hooks.  This was my saviour when I lived in apartments.

Gopher

Hadn't thought of that one, thanks for the tip.  

purelife

That's a good one JJ.  I've never heard of that one before.

Another good use for the toothpaste is to put it on burns.  

Gopher

Condensed milk (sweetened) makes a good emergency substitue for glue.  

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
  [div style="font-style: italic;"]This is monumental, for heaven's sake.  It's HUGE !  [/div]  [div]Mars schmars.  

Lol, I agree- Mars is old news, it's not going anywhere and it never does anything. But getting spots out of my ummm, delicate wear is worthy of some serious attention.
[/div]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

aquamarinesea

That's so cool! It'll work on stains because teeth whitening toothpaste contains hydrogen peroxide. Thanks for sharing!    

P.C.

Hi aquamarine !  I guess that's what makes it work....yet peroxide alone did nothing.  

I'm still feeling quite brilliant over this discovery.