All about the allergies....

Started by Lise, May 27 09 08:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Can someone recommend a good allergy medication (or alternatives) that won't make you sleepy??? *desperate plea*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Lise

Ja, that's a good idea, Michel. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with medications out there. Medication that claim they don't put you to zzzz-land usually put me out for the rest of the day. I'm just that sensitive.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

P.C.

What are you allergic to, Lise ?  There are lots of homeopathic things that could work.  My daughter was allergic to cut grass and clover.  After we tried all kinds of nonsense, which I didn't feel comfortable with, we tried alfalfa tablets and tea with small 'doses' of honey from the clover that she was allergic to.  Never had a problem again....ever.  We only did it for the one season.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

I'm a huge fan of the nasal rinse- neti pot or a sinus irrigation bottle.  The NeilMed brand is avail in almost every drug store and grocery store now.

By prescription, I use flonase- corticosteroid nasal spray for allergies.  It's excellent.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

I'm not exactly sure what I'm allergic to but when it gets dry, I get attacks on sneezes and my eyes water like there's no tomorrow. I think it's the pollen in the air though I'm not sure about this.

Hmmm..... those ideas sound like they might be worth pursuing. I'll definitely try them. Thanks!
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

It's a bad week for the allergies.

Out here, the cottonwood has been clowing all week.  Looks like it's snowing outside.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Michel

P.C.

Or maybe an R is missing, for racket in the trees.

[img style="WIDTH: 589px; HEIGHT: 422px" height=534 src="http://jrscience.wcp.muohio.edu/birds/ohio_birds/images/american_crow_022704.jpg" width=661]

LM@work

The cottonwood has been BLOWING.  My bad.

P.C.

Rats.  That was my next guess.

I wasn't even being a smart ass.  I was wondering if clowing was some botanical term for a process that cottonwoods go through.  I even googled it.   ok...I guess in that case... I WAS being a smart ass.  

Michel