Things that I think are odd about the official 9/11 story

Started by van_guy, May 13 09 09:42

Previous topic - Next topic

van_guy

This has stirred up some controversy already - and I know PC is game - so here it is ...

Post things that, in your mind, don't add up regarding the official 9/11 story.

Rules
1) No name calling or slanderous comments
2) No tinfoil hat stuff (i.e. there is the face of the devil / Osama in the smoke)
3) This is designed for active debate - if you can show that another poster has been misinformed please let them (us) know.
4) This is not a place for politics (Just the facts ma'am)
5) This is not designed to disrespect the people who lost their lives (or the surviving families)  - on the contrary I think the most respectful thing anyone can do is to find out the real truth behind what happened.  If the truth is that some terrorists highjacked some planes - OK, however if the truth is something else - then I think it is very respectful to the families to find that out.

VG
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

van_guy

1) Geoege Bush states on TV that he saw the first plane crash into the WT Building.  There was working in the WT Towers YET I can tell you exactly where I was, what I was doing, what I was thinking the instant I found out.  You would think that the President (who I'm guesssing knows 100 or more people working there would have even greater cause to remember the details surrounding the details of what he knew when.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm73wOuPL60

I have to say that the chances of him getting the info wrong are close to 1:1,000,000

van_guy

2) Why did Tower 7 collapse?  Perhaps more importantly why did the 911 commision not even consider this in their report?

van_guy

3) Why did the FBI collect all the surveilance tapes from hotels / gas stations (within minutes) and fight so hard not to release them ... the only tape they released voluntarily don't show a 757 hitting the building.

van_guy

4) The plane that hit the Pentagon peirced a number of the rings 3-4?? which means that an alluminum shell peirces multiple feet (6 or 7 feet?) of steel reinforced concrete.

van_guy

4a)  The engines of the plane that hit the pentagon did not seem to damage the building at all ... 7 tons (?) of steel can't penetrate a single concrete wall but the alluminum nose penetrates 6 or 7?

van_guy

4b)  The lawn of the pentagon has no significant wreckage on it. The pilot who is said to have been flying the plane was considered to be a very poor pilot (of a cesna) to skim along the surface at 500 mph in a 757 and not leave a tire mark seems unlikely.

van_guy

4c)  No bodies were recovered from the wreckage of the plane that hit the pentagon.  The engines (made out of Titanium alloy melting temperature a bizzilion degrees C) were never shown to the media

van_guy

5)  The plane that crashed in the field in Penn.  there were no survivors no real wreckage shown.  

van_guy

6) What are the chances that there were 2-3 different war games planned for that day ... 0 military aircraft intercepted 4 high jacked aircraft.  I understand that the usual sucess rate of intercepting a high jacked plane is excellent (80+ %) so to bat 0 for 4 is very unlikely.

van_guy

7) The slander campaign that said "If you question our story you are a bad American"  If the story is true then what would they care what people think?  

van_guy

8) If G W Bush was so sure that Osama did it ... why did he wage war in Iraq??? Why devote 100 troops to fight in Iraq for ever 1 troop to fight in Afganistan??

van_guy

9) I understand that there were ~10 the usual number of shorts (betting that the stock would decrease in price) on American Airlines and a few other companies compared to the usual volume on Sept 10th.  Why have'nt we found out who put these orders in??

van_guy

10)  What are the chances that 3 steel framed structures collapse due to fire (these were the only 3 in history to do this)

van_guy

10a) What are the chances that the only 3 steel framed highrises to collape due to fire in the same day are owned by the same guy - who happened to have terrorism insurance and bought them just a few months ago.  (Pretty good return on investment)