BMI Calculator

Started by Gopher, May 09 09 11:38

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

Awesome job Gophie!      

DDD

purelife wrote:
 Awesome job Gophie!      He has no job

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Gopher

You're right, I've retired from the rat race...always remembering that only a super-rat can win the race.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

I thought Gophie's job is to post here? :)

Gopher

What made you think that, PL?

Sportsdude

What if you never enter the rat race?

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

DDD

Sportsdude wrote:
What if you [SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]never[/SPAN] enter the rat race?

Sounds good but sucks to be poor
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Russ

Gopher wrote:
<DIV>You're right, I've retired from the rat race...always remembering that only a super-rat can win the race.</DIV>

LOLOL! I like that comment Gopher! only a SUPER RAT can win the race. Im going to remember that.

I just worked out my BMi. Hmm, think one too many kegs and double cheeseburgers for me.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

JJ

Thank Gopher, I was sort of wondering....I lost 5 lbs on vacation so now I'm at  22  :)

Sportsdude

DDD wrote:
Sportsdude wrote:
What if you [span style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]never[/span] enter the rat race?

Sounds good but sucks to be poor

True. But it also depends on the profession you go into or may not go into at all - i.e. you end up at a dead end job that makes a lot of money or enough money to sustain things. I used to know this guy from a rather wealthy family who had a finance degree from the University of Texas. He had the Wall Street internship for a year, but burned out and bought a pub with a bunch of his friends in Austin after finishing school. He got tired of it after 5yrs though.

Natasha

Sportsdude wrote:
DDD wrote:
Sportsdude wrote:
What if you [SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]never[/SPAN] enter the rat race?

Sounds good but sucks to be poor[/DIV]

True. But it also depends on the profession you go into or may not go into at all - i.e. you end up at a dead end job that makes a lot of money or enough money to sustain things. I used to know this guy from a rather wealthy family who had a finance degree from the University of Texas. He had the Wall Street internship for a year, but burned out and bought a pub with a bunch of his friends in Austin after finishing school. He got tired of it after 5yrs though.

Agreed ^  there should be a decent balance between finances and contentment. "Poor", like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder...imo. Those who are less financially stable seem to be more grateful for things they get, have and earn.

Sportsdude

Natasha wrote:
Sportsdude wrote:
DDD wrote:
Sportsdude wrote:
What if you [span style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]never[/span] enter the rat race?

Sounds good but sucks to be poor[/div]

[div]Agreed ^  there should be a decent balance between finances and contentment. "Poor", like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder...imo. Those who are less financially stable seem to be more grateful for things they get, have and earn.
-----

I was implying my own position or outlets I could go into if I ever got there... these avenues all have their own version of the so-called rat-race, but they come with a lot more job security if one toils to get to the point I'm referring to. As my ex told me on my birthday, "you want to climb the faculty ladder doing meningeal work until you're 40?" Looking at my current financial situation now, I'd gladly spend the rest of my life doing that than toil in directionless obscurity. I'm kind of clueless on where to go in life; I'm the public servant, public sector worker who lives in a time when the world, or at least the expressed political world, despises you for superfluous reasons.  

Sportsdude

Back to BMI

I've so far ran about 10km this week and biked around 50km. And it's only Wednesday! ah ah ha.

Gopher

Any difference in your BMI, SD?

Sportsdude

I don't know my exact height.
But I've lost weight in the past 3wks (mainly due to the Canada trip).

|